Release 1.1 - Oath of the Arctic Prince

Comments

• ZartonZarton Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    lordbeef said:
    The increased vortex effect on Zoey's weaver upgrade arguably is a buff rather than a nerf. It's extremely difficult to avoid now.

The real question is why does Zoey have an "ult"? None of the other characters do. It's like she's playing a different game than the rest of them.
    Robots been entering the realm of giving heroes an ability that makes the powerful for a few seconds with a long cooldown. Zoey was the first hero, then Oziel, and now Tundra. The other heroes will get one as well but its all in discussions as they can not seem to determine what fits them.
    Student in the Center of Orc Tolerance & Understanding. http://www.orcsmustlive.com/index.html

Orcs are our friends and we must learn to not kill on site.
  • Zoey was the first character I bought, and she's always been the one I've done the best with in Siege and Survival. She was really good before the nerf, and you know what? She still is. I am 100% okay with these changes, even to my favorite character.
  • zippygruntzippygrunt Member, Early Access
    My 2 cents

Why does cliffside clash have a new wave of minions spawn BEFORE the last wave is defeated nearly every time? I don't mean like "Oh, there are 5 minions left, lets spawn more" but "Oh, the first half of the wave died, better start the next one." You can seriously kill two waves on one side of the map while both waves on the other remain almost undamaged, and a third will start up! It makes it hard to place traps and impossible to collect materials that are in a lane you aren't defending (more on that later.)

Why are gates now "sneeze and they break" in solo modes? I had an Ivy on level 28 drop a rebuilt gate in 2 seconds and a Hogarth crash a lane solo just after the gate re-spawn.

Barricades are now the most useless necessary trap in the game. On later levels (60's) a barricade is destroyed in 1 hit by just about everything yet you HAVE to replace them for 1k a pop or else you have no chance of winning. Lower their price (like in HALF) or have them regenerate or something. Huge investment for a trap that half the game can now destroy without even slowing down. (I mean, what was wrong with just sappers and gnomes and the occasional boss minion destroying them? Now there are like 8 things that can crash barricades and most of them can wreck every trap box you've built by themselves.)

Materials need to be visible on the mini map when they drop. Not what drops, just some icon that says "you won something, get it before it is gone!" The least fun part of the game, for me, is having to manage killing minions in multiple lanes AND going on a wild goose chase looking for materials that may or may not be there. If I know there is a reward someplace, especially when it may or may not be a good reward, it becomes a risk vs return to try and grab a material before it expires. That is fun. As it sits we run around like idiots praying for rain on several maps or completely ignore other lanes with a feeling of dread that we are missing something. Not so fun. Even worse is when we actually leave our lane and nothing is there...that is just infuriating.

Love the new skins on AI heroes!

So glad to see the frost bear back...and more frost/freeze in the game! Very under-utilized mechanic.

Love the "new" map. More maps are always a good thing.

It is very nice to see elemental damage mean something once more. One of the best challenges of older OMD games were ice bats and fire bats (and ice and fire ogres but we already have those!) and it is nice to see that mean something again. The more interesting combos in this game the better.
  • I can't help but notice there's one Oziel change that nobody's mentioned yet:  he now delivers his "the itsy-bitsy Orcling" line as regular speech instead of the singsong tone he used prior.

I'd assume there's a valid reason for this change, but I can't imagine there being copyright trouble behind a nursery rhyme that was originally written in 1910.
  • Exhayle said:
    Yesss... Zoey and Oziel changes!  I like it!  Great patch notes!

Re: 4-star bots are now easier... I'd love to see a 5 star nightmare bot mode eventually just for the challenge of it!  

Oh.. and how about an achievement where you can receive somewhere around 2 million motes if you can successfully close out a nightmare bot game in under 9 minutes?  :-P  You can dangle motes in the air in unreachable places to tease us while we're playing it.  You can call it Nightmare on Mote Street.  I'm diggin this idea.  I also haven't gotten good sleep in a while.  
    Okay where is the Blackpaw nerf...you nerfed Oziel and he was way less dangerous and OP than the wolf.  I have seen him be almost dead then heal almost to HALF health and then One hit you....yeah that is not a problem at all...sounds like someone at Robot likes to main Blackpaw to me.  Wow had this same issue with Mages....then what do you know when that person (not calling him out as most know who I am talking about) used to main a mage left, THEN mages got nerfed and were more even with the other classes in PVP....
  • Were Fire Ogre's new AOE as they walk added in this patch?  It yes, help save survival gameplay by reverting the fire ogre change.

Also I did not see this in the notes.
  • Zoey is my favorite character, I was not surprised that her abilities were toned down. Done correctly, she is devastating, although the cool down after makes up for it.

I will see if that is enough to change how I feel about her.

• aMeRiCaNaRcHyaMeRiCaNaRcHy Member
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, the nerf to Oziel and Zoey is a bit mind boggling when there are much more OP characters that weren't even touched.
  • catbert7catbert7 Member
    edited April 2016
    @AmericanAnarchy:
    I have played Zoey a lot and observed many many times Chaos Blast and Book Club each doing about 30% of a hero's HP. I'm not sure if it did that much at level 1 but it definitely did after level 4 or so. No question. If you're talking about Zoey firing slowly or her abilities damage being all she has for burst then you are not paying attention. As I explained, Chaos Blast, Book Club, and the shift buff all activate her attack speed buff (which approximately doubles her normal attack DPS) and they have short enough cooldowns that you can easily cycle them to keep the attack speed buff on constantly. If you are playing her correctly, there is never a time when Zoey is doing anything less than absurdly high DPS. The reason you do not realize she is OP is because you are not utilizing her abilities effectively. Use the shift buff when approaching the fight, use Book Club if they get close, use Chaos Blast when you need to refresh attack speed or save it for a finisher. It's a simple cycle and it keeps your attack speed up the whole time. No hero can stand against that firepower. I've had ample experience on either side of it, trust me.

@Fudderwackin:
    Oziel and Blackpaw are pretty close in potential for burst damage. Blackpaw does a lot of normal damage and his Bite seems like it gets up to about 40% of max HP in both damage and healing. Oziel is made of burst damage abilities and can pretty much kill any non-tank in 2 seconds if he pops everything on them. Both are quite squishy and can lifesteal. The main difference is that Oziel can get higher burst but on a long cooldown (due to Haunting Spirits), while Blackpaw is pretty much only dependent on Bite, which has a low cooldown and is FAR more mobile. Looked at that way, I won't disagree that Blackpaw is probably stronger than Oziel. He's more consistent and more versatile, though Oziel's Wraith Surge does allow him to deal massive burst for a significant time so he can be better at quickly killing multiple opponents. I;d like to see Paw get some changes that reduce his reliance on Bite and make him more counterable.
  • Okay where is the Blackpaw nerf...you nerfed Oziel and he was way less dangerous and OP than the wolf.  I have seen him be almost dead then heal almost to HALF health and then One hit you....yeah that is not a problem at all...sounds like someone at Robot likes to main Blackpaw to me.  Wow had this same issue with Mages....then what do you know when that person (not calling him out as most know who I am talking about) used to main a mage left, THEN mages got nerfed and were more even with the other classes in PVP....
    Blackpaws nerf is that he is melee. I can't tell you how many times he gets ganked in PvP. Ivy+Oziel is insta-death for Blackpaw, Ivy locks him in place then both hit with their high dmg attack and Blackpaw is down to less than 10% and can be one-shot all before Ivy's control has ended. That's not the only combination that can gank him either. Anyone with ranged or a good control can kill him before he can reach to attack, he has the health of a kitten. His redeeming quality is how much damage he can put out if you didn't see him coming, but even then if you have a control ability just lock him down leave and heal. He's just that easy to handle.

TL:DR When I play Blackpaw I run away if I can't catch people by surprise, and I never attack 2 people. He's great in specific situations and not so great the rest of the time.

I'm guessing you main Stinkeye, Cygnus or Smolder? Those 3 don't have the control abilities to lock him in place or the outright damage to kill him before he reaches you and should just run away.
  • YokiYoki Member
    edited May 2016
    since i meet Zoe I been playing her i have her i lvl 80, but in the last patch she became almost useless in siege, i mean, se dies whit a few blows i mean when i play zoe, i die like 15 times, she can no longer stand almost any attack, if she got her attacks down then she should at least get her healt increased, she is slow attaking her powers take like forever to recharge, and she has little healt, and spends mana really fast. she has become usless.
  • Yoki said:
    since i meet Zoe I been playing her i have her i lvl 80, but in the last patch she became almost useless in siege, i mean, se dies whit a few blows i mean when i play zoe, i die like 15 times, she can no longer stand almost any attack, if she got her attacks down then she should at least get her healt increased, she is slow attaking her powers take like forever to recharge, and she has little healt, and spends mana really fast. she has become usless.
    So I take it Zoey is useless if you're stupid with her then.
  • YokiYoki Member
    ZerioKing said:
    Yoki said:
    Ohh please look if you play against noobs it doesent count.
  • Yoki said:
    ZerioKing said:
    Yoki said:
    Ohh please look if you play against noobs it doesent count.
    You're gonna have to tell me why and how you think the other team are noobs, cause i don't see any indication
    Bug finding penguin one more
  • @Yoki If I look at the picture, I see they have Midnight, Blackpaw, Zoey, Dubbin, and Hogorath. 4 of those 5 names scare me, and the roles they picked suit their heroes so they aren't noobs as far as composition goes. The reason Zoey and I beat their Dubbin and Zoey was because I could stun lock and In Your Face them with impunity because neither possessed a freedom locket and our Zoey just burst damaged the @&;#! out of them. Their Zoey is weak against Max because his shield counters her high DPS low HP lifestyle. Their pillager never came to their aid, and this is a game where whichever team has the highest level tends to have an unfair advantage so its like a steamroll effect...I don't think they are noobs, the situation just became more and more in our teams favor not to mention they took down all the guardians in the left lane so they could win still.

The reason I say Zoey is weak if you are stupid with her is because "Zoey is weak against Max because his shield counters her high DPS low HP lifestyle" Nothing is stopping her from withholding her attacks until after the shield dissipates. Zoey can also knock the filet holder into the environmental hazard, but she might of been under too much duress at that point to do anything.
  • So I'm super confused. Every time I click on something that says release notes 1.1 I get sent to this thread. Where is the official list of changes for this patch? I can't find any links to a list just a lot of rage about Zoey.
  • So I'm super confused. Every time I click on something that says release notes 1.1 I get sent to this thread. Where is the official list of changes for this patch? I can't find any links to a list just a lot of rage about Zoey.
    I think what your looking for is, go to where the page numbers are(the bottom) and click the first page. :smile:
    I think what your looking for is, go to where the page numbers are(the bottom) and click the first page. :smile:
    Thanks. I'm dumb.
  • SHODANFreemanSHODANFreeman Member, Early Access
    So ... is patching still a thing in this game?  Who waits 2 months to patch an online game?
  • So ... is patching still a thing in this game?  Who waits 2 months to patch an online game?
    A patch is coming, its a very large patch infact, also this is a rather small company so you can't expect everything to come out as fast as other companies.