WHY WON'T THEY DIE!?

I just can't seem to kill any of my opponents quickly. I could be shooting with Ivy/Max/Smolder/ANYONE and they won't die. I am level 19 and I play maps around my level. However, nothing really changes. Am I using bad characters? Is there a strategy to use to get more kills? Help, please.

Comments

• I'm guessing you're talking about survival, where the heroes aren't even remotely balanced around each other. Smolder and the dwarf are good. Max and Ivy are not, they're for killing enemy heroes in PvP. Killing any one mob doesn't help much, focus on doing AOE damage to a whole pack of them, while your traps confirm kills.
  • Yeah there aren't many attacks that hit people hard... especially in the early part of the game.  But this also means you should not die as fast.  Eventually will be getting attacked by more than one thing at a time.  It wouldn't be much fun if you instantly died when an enemy hero and a few minions attacked you when you stepped on  trap.   So while you can't blow up an enemy hero with a couple hits, that can't happen to you either.

As the game goes on you will do more damage.  Also as you grow in experience playing, you will be better at killing things and understanding the pace of each match.  
  • Thank you guys so much :D What about Oziel? Is he any good?
  • once you lvl up a bit you will kill them with ease. your dmg gets a bonus everytime your account lvl goes up. the first grind is a little intense but once your account reaches 25 it becomes a whole lot easier. that said sometimes the bots will still kill you but as you move up tiers they become just a really fun to slaughter minion.
  • Sometimes I save unchained (Press V) for instant hero kills.   Unchained meters fill quickly especially if you are soloing.
  • Nihilus said:
    Smolder and the dwarf are good. Max and Ivy are not
    I'm surprised to see you say Max isn't good in Survival. I have been playing him with a lot of success due to his insane passive and very powerful E.
    NananeaOMD
    Robot Entertainment | Community Video Coordinator | Skull Ninja
  • Nihilus said:
    I'm guessing you're talking about survival, where the heroes aren't even remotely balanced around each other. Smolder and the dwarf are good. Max and Ivy are not, they're for killing enemy heroes in PvP. Killing any one mob doesn't help much, focus on doing AOE damage to a whole pack of them, while your traps confirm kills.
    Max, while his raw damage may not be there, he offers a pretty powerful E (seriously, if you can get an awesome stun off, the damage potential skyrockets.) 

Ivy is orc for survival, sure, but to say max isn't good is really not correct, in fact, someone played him when we went to wave 55 or so on Crogon keep for 3 player, and I can tell you his right click helps a ton later on, when control is pretty huge.
  • Max and Dobbin are probably the best for survival... Smolder can do A LOT of damage though.
  • The problem I have with Smolder is that she tends to rock in the early waves and then get less and less effective towards the end. You can sit there spamming dragon breath on enemies covered in oil and they just go "Is something hitting me? Oh well just ignore it." Even with the additional weavers for damage and reduced mana cost don't seem enough right now. It could be that I just need to level her more though. 
  • I mainly play Max and Blackpaw.  Max is great at traps and dealing with minions but when it comes to hero kills especially at high level he has a lot of trouble.  Blackpaw however, great at mauling minions but even on high levels eats enemy heroes with ease, usually in 2-3 seconds.   This is on survival.   I have seen people murder them with ease with Midnight and ozeil as well.   All characters seem to have strengths and weaknesses, guess that's why the game is a team game to make up for individual weaknesses with the group's strengths.  None of what I said has anything to do with siege, which I have yet to try.  
  • I mainly play Max and Blackpaw.  Max is great at traps and dealing with minions but when it comes to hero kills especially at high level he has a lot of trouble.  Blackpaw however, great at mauling minions but even on high levels eats enemy heroes with ease, usually in 2-3 seconds.   This is on survival.   I have seen people murder them with ease with Midnight and ozeil as well.   All characters seem to have strengths and weaknesses, guess that's why the game is a team game to make up for individual weaknesses with the group's strengths.  None of what I said has anything to do with siege, which I have yet to try.  
    Bot heroes in Survival are laughably easy compared to actual players in Siege and shouldn't be used to gauge strengths/weaknesses. (They also have increased HP & damage to make up for being dumb as bricks.)

Ser90 said:
    The problem I have with Smolder is that she tends to rock in the early waves and then get less and less effective towards the end. You can sit there spamming dragon breath on enemies covered in oil and they just go "Is something hitting me? Oh well just ignore it." Even with the additional weavers for damage and reduced mana cost don't seem enough right now. It could be that I just need to level her more though. 
    Enhancing Smolder's dragon breath is a secondary bonus of Naphtha Sprayers. Their true purpose is amplifying fire trap damage. Combine them with Brimstone, Firecrackers, Flame Vents, Fire Spitters, and the Fire Wall Bracers and they'll melt minion waves so badly, the enemy team will quit pushing your lane. (I've started apologizing to the other defender for having to constantly face 2-3 enemy heroes in his lane.)

Even if you're a novice without many traps crafted, just using Fire Wall Bracers + Brimstone on Smolder will do wonders for your defensive capability. (Just remember to put Brimstones side-by-side instead of front-to-back; Brimstone DOTs don't stack with other Brimstone DOTs, so if a minion walks over 2 Brimstones within 3 tiles of each other, it's basically a Brimstone charge wasted.)
  • Enhancing Smolder's dragon breath is a secondary bonus of Naphtha Sprayers. Their true purpose is amplifying fire trap damage. Combine them with Brimstone, Firecrackers, Flame Vents, Fire Spitters, and the Fire Wall Bracers and they'll melt minion waves so badly, the enemy team will quit pushing your lane. (I've started apologizing to the other defender for having to constantly face 2-3 enemy heroes in his lane.)

That makes way more sense. Cause I had previously tried to use the Naptha to increase my damage without using fire traps due to a misunderstanding of how fire DoTs stack. Thanks for clarifying that.
  • I pretty much play Max solo in survival right now. I run Crogon Keep level 66, and it's rare for an orc to actually get into the rift. The only way I really die to bot heroes is if i forget to hit a skill when I go after them, but generally it's something like Stun -> Unchain -> In Your Faces -> every hero is dead. Even 3v1 or 4v1, I can usually have them all dead in one hit. 
  • Grey10441 said:
    Thank you guys so much :D What about Oziel? Is he any good?
    Oziel is one of best for killing heros in survival and hes good overall aswell