Server Maintenance - May 12, 2016

HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
edited May 2016 in The Archive
[Update: Maintenance was completed on schedule!]

We'll have a scheduled 5-hour maintenance on Thursday morning from 5 - 10 a.m. Central time. For updates, please follow @OMDservers on Twitter!

This maintenance will resolve several issues:
  • Players will now receive a message when another player drops from the lobby during matchmaking, resulting in the match being cancelled. 
  • Resolved an issue that would occasionally remove players from the matchmaking queue after a match failed to complete.
Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
Post edited by Harmonia on

Comments

• "Don't trust the skull" - Planescape: Torment
  • NoWhammyNoWhammy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Any news on what was in the patch?
    Shoo Troll... Don't Bother Me.
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    NoWhammy said:
    Any news on what was in the patch?
    The two issues listed in the post above have been resolved.
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • Has anyone else been having the dashboard freeze up at random instances in this new patch?  I'm not sure what is causing it but occasionally if I alt+tab or open different (not all) applications on my computer, my dashboard completely freezes and i am unable to click anything, the timer doesn't count down if I'm in a queue and no sound queue's are there either.  The only thing I can do is click the X and restart.
  • Harmonia said:
    [Update: Maintenance was completed on schedule!]

We'll have a scheduled 5-hour maintenance on Thursday morning from 5 - 10 a.m. Central time. For updates, please follow @OMDservers on Twitter!

This maintenance will resolve several issues:
    • Players will now receive a message when another player drops from the lobby during matchmaking, resulting in the match being cancelled. 
    • Resolved an issue that would occasionally remove players from the matchmaking queue after a match failed to complete.
    So, when someone leaves the lobby once a match is completed, this solves the problem of not receiving a message, but I need some clarification on the second bullet-point. Recently, I waited 17 minutes in a queue for siege pvp, and someone dropped out of the lobby once we were there and it took us back to the home-screen, but we were no longer in queue. We then waited another 12 or so minutes for another one to pop. If players are returned to the home-screen, is their queue now continued the same way it is if not all players accept?

Thanks
  • YashYash Member
    when will bloodspike and new map will come

• ZooberZoober Member
    So while I enjoy not having to play down a person in siege games, why doesn't someone leaving trigger everyone else being dumped back into the queue at highest priority?  It would seem only fair to the people that are sometimes waiting 20+ minutes to find games to not have to requeue.  I have noticed significantly fewer people just leaving games since this patch was implemented, so that's a big win already. 
  • ZooberZoober Member
    Might also be worthwhile to relax the MMR requirements a bit quicker in the queue, as a lot of the good players, especially when teamed up, frequently have queue times in the 20 or 30 minutes range.
  • The only issue with relaxing them is we already get dumped with players who don't know what they're doing or don't understand teamwork, roles, or priorities very well. I understand the tutelage system, but for that to work everyone, even the elites need to be willing to learn and listen.
    From a drop of information can come a sea of extrapolation.
  • once again, and i've said this many a time, the mmr system is really not that bad, it's just using a smaller group of people than it's designed for i believe. 

the only thing that is rough is when you know what you are doing and are trying to help someone new and they don't listen.  that isn't a sign that the system is broken, it's just a sign that humans are flawed, and you can't fix that.