Bloodspike Unchained - Release 1.2

2»

Comments

• Wedge85Wedge85 Member
    After playing siege with the new patch I am not very excited about unchained fortress.  I understand why the minion portal was moved up.  Defenders were defending both lanes.  it is now way to close to the defense.  Players are sitting ducks when placing minions.  There is nowhere for them to run as base is too far away.  Ranged defenders can easily poke attackers from their kill box and not risk leaving themselves open.  This keeps attackers from getting any experience as they are too busy running to heal and not able to attack.  I would prefer to see the inside lane somehow lengthened rather than the outside lane shortened.

I like that the inside killbox is smaller but this now opens up the shortcut between kill boxes so that ranged defenders can poke from a sniper perch.  Before it was a nice spot to get the drop.  Now its who can put the best sniper there.  

I'm not fond of the pillager losing boxes to pillage and the boxes giving less xp.  This makes it too easy for the pillager to fall behind.  The pillager finds themselves needing too many player kills to stay leveled as they can't find a box to pillage until they kill someone anyway.

The escape route was a nice addition, but I liked the ability to gank by closing the barrier.  I will hate it as a defender/pillager but love it as an attacker.  Changes the game dynamic a lot as someone does not have to stay behind and guard the door.
  • @xGpZx, acutally more cheese, but more tactics and a little more aim. Zoey can now knock people off of more things.
    From a drop of information can come a sea of extrapolation.
  • The description for chaos blast no longer matches what the ability does: It is now no longer a radial burst, but a line of damage. Aoe ability of it has been nerfed. The ult no longer feels like a trap with the slow and it feels like the pull has been reduced as well. It's still useful on minions but far less so on heroes(on good ones almost not at all).
    From a drop of information can come a sea of extrapolation.
  • All the traps upgrades has been nerfed?
    I mean
    now its +40% damage per level, before was 100% (absurds 250% in wall zapper) so a trap T7 have 240% damage when before was 300% this is correct ?
  • Peterargh said:
    All the traps upgrades has been nerfed?
    I mean
    now its +40% damage per level, before was 100% (absurds 250% in wall zapper) so a trap T7 have 240% damage when before was 300% this is correct ?
    Nope!
    Before, it was (((<base_damage>+100%)+100%)+100%), meaning that the damages doubled with each upgrade. So you ended up with X8 damages, at T4.
    If the computation is the same, you would end up with this:
    T1: <base_damage>
    T2: <base_damage>*1.4
    T2: <base_damage>*1.4² = <base_damage>*1.96
    T3: <base_damage>*2.744
    T4: <base_damage>*3.8416
    T5: <base_damage>*5.37824
    T6: <base_damage>*7.529536
    T7: <base_damage>*10.5413504

So, if anything, the damages have been boosted.
    No wonder why T7 is so expensive :)
  • SixOkay said:
    • The first dye for a hero is now unlocked at rank 20, down from rank 50.
    May I take an opportunity to draw attention to this one little change?  I should be thrilled, this means I get that sweet purple palette for Ivy, but I'm not much of a fan of this one, actually.

As far as I can see, the previous design was used to encourage people to specialize in heroes they liked and get really good at them (So that they could unlock and then wear those Heroic Dyes).  On the battlefield, it's a symbol of veteranship, far more than any skin—it's a flashing neon sign saying "I've played this hero for a long time, and you should take me seriously."  And moving down the requirement for that really kind of sells that short.
    Aren't you overthinking this, Chaos?  Isn't it just a palette swap?
    No, it's not just a palette swap, because you had to put in your time and energy to earn it, but even if it were just a palette swap...haven't you noticed how a lot of competitive gamers in situations like this have that one palette that they call theirs?  They choose it all the time, or if they don't, they don't perform as well?  There actually is something underlying going on there that recent psychological studies are attempting to decipher, but I won't get into all that now.

Anyway, getting a reward for your invested time earlier on than Rank 50, I understand (As, again, even with my main girl and first hero purchase, Ivy, I'm only Rank 29), but this creates a huge gap between the Epic and Legendary Heroic Dyes; i.e., when you see someone wearing an Epic Heroic Dye, it becomes very unclear how much time they've actually put in to their hero of choice.  If they aren't too difficult to make (And frankly, I don't know why they would be), I would put the Epic Dye back where it was and add a Rare Heroic Dye that gets unlocked at Rank 20.
  • SortuneSortune Member, Early Access
    edited June 2016
    DrMabulle said:
    Peterargh said:
    I mean
    Nope!
    Before, it was (((<base_damage>+100%)+100%)+100%), meaning that the damages doubled with each upgrade. So you ended up with X8 damages, at T4.
    If the computation is the same, you would end up with this:
    T1: <base_damage>
    T2: <base_damage>*1.4
    T2: <base_damage>*1.4² = <base_damage>*1.96
    T3: <base_damage>*2.744
    T4: <base_damage>*3.8416
    T5: <base_damage>*5.37824
    T6: <base_damage>*7.529536
    T7: <base_damage>*10.5413504

So, if anything, the damages have been boosted.
    No wonder why T7 is so expensive :)
    Well, you actually use 2 T2. So T7 would be more *7.6 dmg. So, it's a nerf.

T1 : 100%
    T2 : 140%
    T3 : 196%
    T4 : 274%
    T5 : 384%
    T6 : 538%
    T7 : 753%

If it's still the same thing, well x8 > x7.6
  • I can't play OMD!U now.. is the server down now? I can't click to login... it says that I'm disconnected
  • @Sortune said:
    Peterargh said:
    I mean
    Well, you actually use 2 T2. So T7 would be more *7.6 dmg. So, it's a nerf.

T1 : 100%
    T2 : 140%
    T3 : 196%
    T4 : 274%
    T5 : 384%
    T6 : 538%
    T7 : 753%

If it's still the same thing, well x8 > x7.6
    Yeah, i think this is intentional, now that players are more powerfull solos.... but all traps with the same upgrades seem that take a lot of
    dynamism from the game.

• edited June 2016
    Actually the traps were not all the same + % before, most ceiling traps were +100% per level, while the wall traps were 250% per level.  So really what they did is made a tier 7 wall blade or wall charger about the same as it was pre-patch, and pounders and floor spikes are far stronger.

That is, assuming all the traps were additive before and not multiplicative.  If the rules for the current upgrades held to the previous tier system wall chargers and wall blades got a serious nerf.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    Actually the traps were not all the same + % before, most ceiling traps were +100% per level, while the wall traps were 250% per level.  So really what they did is made a tier 7 wall blade or wall charger about the same as it was pre-patch, and pounders and floor spikes are far stronger.

That is, assuming all the traps were additive before and not multiplicative.  If the rules for the current upgrades held to the previous tier system wall chargers and wall blades got a serious nerf.
    The tooltip was wrong in the last patch.  It was actually +100% pre-1.2.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • ShadeDev said:

The tooltip was wrong in the last patch.  It was actually +100% pre-1.2.
    Interesting.  Good to know, even if things are completely changed now.
2»