"Raining loot" ????

Hello there, I got a simple question right now on new patch:

I read somewhere before patch was released that loot would "rain"

So, I thought that It would be a cool amount of rewards, considering trap upgrades, minimum 10 15 rift cores per game.
I played 3 surv matches, each 30 mins+ longer, just to get 1,2, maximum 3 rift cores per game.

So the question is , when will loot start "raining"? Or do I have to play 500 matches to upgrade to a t7 trap?

Thank you very much!

Answers

• I think the "rain" happens when you get chests. Still, don't take my word for it.
  • as far as i know, loot doesn't rain unless you're lv 300 and log in only to find out you have enough rift embers to craft all the current heros, enough rift cores to upgrade a couple traps, enough stuff to get the guardians some minions and then some
    Bug finding penguin one more
  • I found Siege rains quite a lot of loot. I play a 10 minute match and get about the same amount as I would have in a 30 min survival. Even comes with chests sometimes. Chests aren't very good, but the lowest level does contain about 2 matches worth of a single random material.
  • CircleusCircleus Member
    edited June 2016
    I found Siege rains quite a lot of loot. I play a 10 minute match and get about the same amount as I would have in a 30 min survival. Even comes with chests sometimes. Chests aren't very good, but the lowest level does contain about 2 matches worth of a single random material.
    It worth playing seige than playing survival now tbh
    Cuz actually get more oak chest in seige more often than playing survival and hoping for a gold chest
    Also, that raining loot is pretty random tbh
    I got a few games that I get like 9 cores or 12 cores
    (I found the image)

Not sure if that count as raining loot XD
    But yea I got that by playing like 8 or 9 seige games during my weekend
    So my guess is the more you play the more chance you get
    It probably count how many games u play in a row
    Like every 8 seige game, you get a raining loot
    Not really sure how it work but I get it by playing a lot during weekend
    And I'm not sure if it only count your winning game only

The game really turn into hardcore farming after the patch
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    No, I think (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that when you get a golden (yellow) colored loot like that one in your image, it's called a "jackpot" and I think it's random. 
  • Random or not, I've never seen a jackpot in survival but get them every 5 games in siege.
  • I think that when you level up you either get a bonus jackpot of loot or a higher chance of loot raining. You tend to level up faster in siege games so maybe that's why you are seeing more jackpots in siege. Chests also work this way i think. Also, this is related to material rewards but if you play siege and get a chest they should remove donkey fat as a chest award as you don't use consumables in siege. In fact, donkey fat should never be a chest award just like how they previously removed consumables from chests. I really don't like getting donkey fat in chests and that is 80% of the rewards i get in chests. I recently got a iron chest and both the rewards in the same chest were donkey fat. I currently have 14219 donkey fat and at least 3 of every consumable. I don't use consumables ever (in fact I'm not even sure how to use them), I  wish there was a system that you could convert 1000-2000 donkey fat and 500-1000 skulls to 1 rift core or some rift embers or whatever. I'm just really sick of donkey fat.