Hotfix on June 14

HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
Good afternoon War Mages!

We're currently planning a hotfix for tomorrow, June 14, to begin at 8 am Central. There will be no server maintenance/downtime for this hotfix, which will resolve an issue where bonus experience was not included in calculations for post-match material rewards. Bonus experience is earned by using the matchmaker and through playing an owned hero.

This hotfix will also improve the matchmaking speed for 5v5 Siege games, decreasing the amount of time it takes to match teams of players.

You can follow the official OMDServer Twitter account for up-to-date information regarding maintenance and game updates.

~Harmonia
Robot Entertainment | Community Manager

Comments

• GoareGoare Member
    edited June 2016
    Wewt. Good news!  

(ed: To be clear, I still think core rate makes no sense - but great news regardless :) )
  • How exactly is it going to improve matchmaking speed?
  • SigmiaSigmia Member
    Good news over there, I hope rift core rewards get fixed soon, kinda unbalanced to play 200 games to upgrade to t7.
  • NoWhammyNoWhammy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    While I appreciate the fix. This will not change the fact that the Rift Core grind is unacceptable at the moment.  Please stop telling us what you think us fun. START LISTENING TO US!!!
    Shoo Troll... Don't Bother Me.
  • Sigmia said:
    Good news over there, I hope rift core rewards get fixed soon, kinda unbalanced to play 200 games to upgrade to t7.
    NoWhammy said:
    While I appreciate the fix. This will not change the fact that the Rift Core grind is unacceptable at the moment.  Please stop telling us what you think us fun. START LISTENING TO US!!!
    They are listening to us with the rift core grind, that's how the bonus exp is getting added to the reward, also it doesn't take 200 games to upgrade to a T7, it may take 75 or so dependent on your luck and how fast you do it. I personally like the grind, I have all tier 5 traps and 2 tier 7s and I do perfectly fine in endless, so it all good.
  • lunnollunnol Member
    edited June 2016
    Love the hotfixes.  But, yea the Core grind need to be addressed ASAP.  While some people may find it fun to play 75 to 150 games to upgrade 1 trap from tier 6 to 7 I and a lot of others do not at all. 

A simple fix would be to make each chest always contain some rift cores as a bonus.  Even if its just a couple cores for the low level chests and scaling higher depending on the chest level.  Constantly getting mats from chests that I don't need is a bit frustrating. 

Maybe in the future code the chests given after matches so that it has an increased chance to give the mat that you selected at the beginning of the round.  Even some type of exchange system where we can convert some mats into other mats.  Obviously with a skull price and probably a penalty in losing some mats in the conversion process.
  • GoareGoare Member
    edited June 2016
    It's worth noting that a trap from T1->T5 is the same as T5->T6 --- seems to me that T5 is "balanced" and T7 is "specialized". Are we meant to be able to do endless / etc on T5 and have T6,T7 be the "end-game" grind?  

In either case, the grind doesn't make a ton of sense to me given what I know today (my T5 dragon lances do 1/3 of a light orc's hp, and an infinitesimal amount to a medium/armored orc on L96 unchained, my arcane ground can't keep up with mob spawn as it's charge based, my haymaker/viscious tar seem to be the saving grace of my T5 traps) but I think Survival's a long way from a fun/balanced situation anyway. Looking ahead to future patches, but right now the main incentives are level up, do endless with max tier traps, which ... would take years. 

• EdgedEdged Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    Although I would say it's nice to actually be able to get put in games after < 20 minutes, the two games I've been put in so far have been awful.

Way too many new people. 
  • GoareGoare Member
    Frankly, new people is "good". Except when someone with 5-10 games experience is matched with someone with 150-200 games experience, which would sort of be one of the classic algorithm gaps. Relative vs absolute is (no pun) absolutely a factor, kids. 
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    Game's in a fairly good place right now, imo... I hope they'll focus more on new content, and find a solution to the scaling issues for survival (wink wink, my suggestion is there somewhere =P)... Those would be my priorities at this point.
  • i like how the game is right now too, but id be real upset if all that time i spent lvling to be strong at survival, suddenly goes down the toilet, i dun wanna solo everything