Why doesn't the Spike Wall have the "physics immunity" exception it had in OMD2?

StarPilotStarPilot Member, Early Access
So in OMD2 the Spike Wall was the exception to "physics immunity" mobs like B&C and Moneybags had. I have found out through OMDU's global chat that the Spike Wall currently does not have this exception. Why is this?

Answers

• PlayerHDPlayerHD Member
    edited July 2016
    I personally think that the community might've not liked it. Seriously, imagine all the traps can't kill moneybags, yet a single trap can throw it back, possibly killing it by flinging it off the map. That could be considered op.
  • I believe it is more to due with the limitations of physics on their servers.  the same reason a lot of physics from previous games are lacking
  • i believe they said they had issues with the physics and multiple players in individual games before which is why the player limit is 3 currently
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    TBH, I just prefer that it does the same. I think it should still throw big stuff, but I don't think it should ragdoll. Ever shot an ogre with ivy's penetrating shot? it moves it a little, but doesn't ragdoll. I'd like to see that.
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    edited December 2016
    They already nerfed the spike wall because even without affecting* large minions it was op... Putting it back would make it even more so... I don't think it needs it... At most, I would like to see a part that gives you a % chance of throwing off large minions... but no full exceptions.
    Post edited by Jacowboy on
  • Jacowboy said:
    They already nerfed the spike wall because even without affection large minions it was op... Putting it back would make it even more so... I don't think it needs it... At most, I would like to see a part that gives you a % chance of throwing off large minions... but no full exceptions.
    immunity to things like enemy size is already what makes smolders "from the ashes" and bionka's knockback skills so scary. bionka can one shot bosses off of cliffs and smolder's dying near guardians sometimes knock the guardians off of cliffs as well.
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!