Community traps ideas suggestion thread!
Here are some traps suggestions from the community!
Please pardon my English! Thanks!
1. Eel trap: a 1x1 floor trap. It is a lightning trap, maybe tar trap with eels in it?
2. Metal-Rod Droppers: It drops sharped lighting rods on minions. The rods will stuck on the minions and cause them to take more lightning damage.
3. Ice blade: an Icy Wall blade. Wall blade that applies chill effect.
4. Flame Dancer: a fire Haymaker.
5. Scanner trap: an Arcane Grinder, it scans orcs with arcane lasers. Sometimes it scans itself then malfunction. OP!
6. Arcane Bubble Roller: instead of dropping barrels, this trap drops arcane bubbles.
7. Punch trap: a trap that punches orcs with a boxing glove. Its trigger range type is same as the ballista’s trigger range type. (downward semi-sphere)
8. Drill Trap: a physical wall trap with a big drill! It is a wall trap with burst damage trap similar to brimstone.
9. Minor Drill: a physical wall trap with small drills! Its damage mechanism is same as brimstone, maybe it applies bleed effect instead?
10. Patriot: a 1x1 floor trap. It shoots missiles to block hostile projectiles from any sources.OP!
11. Noise trap: a ceiling trap that plays bad music and slows down minions. Its trigger range type is same as the ballista’s trigger range type. (downward semi-sphere), It might backfire on the players though.Maybe Max’s personal singing album? La-la-la-la-la (edited it for AliceKxEm)
12. Treadmill: It looks like either a speed pad with inverted arrows label, or those default speed pads in survival mode, but colored red instead. It slows down minions!
13. Kraken pool: a 2x2 size Physical trap. A trap contains kraken in it! A physical trap that snares all types of minions, but only a max amount of 8 minions can get effected (8 tentacles) by one kraken.
14. Electric Fence: a 2x2 size lightning trap. A trap with electrical fence surrounding a piece of 2x2 tile. Minions takes heavy damage when they touch the fence!(Put haymaker on top of it or push minions into it using push trap! OP)
15. BBQ Grill: a 2x2 size Fire trap. Burn everything!
16. Unchain Power up: a trap that generates the yellow lightning pick-up. Gnomish Repair Kit doesn’t work on it.
17. Mixed Power up: it generates a buff with combinations of speed, damage power up, and defense power up, but the buff is weaker and its duration is shorter. Maybe it is good for defending against heroes in survival.
18. Stoplight Floor: a floor trap with an aura that changes between 3 colors for 3 phases: Red, which pauses (snares) them, Yellow, which means the trap is ready to fire, and Green, which does nothing and it is still recharging.
19. Stop/Warning Sign: a 0.5x0.5 size trap. A sign with a decoration purpose. It can act as a mini barricade. Who doesn’t want a golden stop sign in the middle of your killbox? OP
20. Revolving Floor: it is like a revolving door, it rotates and turns people around if one stick to the door for too long! It can misdirect minions and make them lost their senses of direction for a short duration before they recover.
21. The Trap: it is a trap that cost 850 coin and it allows players to roll a random trap of the same/higher tier. It is a gamble and it is not refundable. Good for creating more combo factor. We can still sell it!
22. Vomit Trap: a ceiling trap which contains packs of redundant donkey fats from the storage of “hero”. It drowns minions and enemy heroes, with giant lumps of donkey fat, when it is shot, like a boulder trap. Minions and heroes takes huge amount of damages because they cannot take such a nasty sight and they feel really disgust! (also smell funny). They smell gross like vomits and they splash everywhere! (ewwww) The higher we place the trap, the bigger the splashes! (Suggested by Goud)
23. Slime Trap: a wall trap with green jelly slime (maybe tasty I hope)! They are sticky and they slow down minions if they get too close to them! Don’t lick them! (Suggested by Dangaard)
24. Acid Trap: a wall trap like a wall fountain, maybe with a Max’s head, that spews out Crogon’s acid on minions. (Suggested by Dangaard)
25. UFO Trap: a celling trap that sucks minions up then drop them. The “abduction” animation has the arcane warping around the minions in the sucking cone. Spooky! The rings break when the minions land and they take damage. (Suggested by JB96)
26. Slap Trap: a 2x1 physics wall trap like Spike Wall. A trap with a giant palm that smacks minions and stuns them instead of knockback!
27. Laser Trap: a 2x1 long range wall trap. A trap that shoots a devastating giant laser, but it requires two wall to construct and it has a long charge time(low refire rate) before it can refires again. Stinkeye laser op?
28. Sanction Field: a 3x1 floor trap. It reduces a minion life by % if that minion attempts to enter the field with more than certain% life.
39. Elemental Absorb Ground: a 1x1 floor trap. It takes away elemental’s power and make them weaker. Any elemental will get demoted to the minor elementals if they pass this ground.
30. Reverse Catapult: a 1x1 ceiling physical traps. It swings the arm backward instead of forward and shoots off light minions like projectiles by smacking them. It is similar to Ozei’s pitch motion for throwing jar.31. Randomized Sentry: a 1x1 floor trap. Once placed down, it will be assigned a random element. It deploys a sentry that works differently with each element. If it's fire, then it is a machine gun, having a high fire rate but bit weak damage. If it is shock, a mega cannon, dealing massive damage but fires slowly. If it is ice, then it will act like a sniper rifle, having much more range than other variants and dealing a little less damage than the cannon. Actually, scratch that. About 3/4 of the shock cannon's damage. And finally, arcane. It basically acts like a Dragon's lance, except it fires faster. It also has a burst fire attribute, firing 3 draco bolts at a time instead of one. (ideas by PlayerHD)
32.ORC SUCKER 9000: Like the name suggests, a trap that sucks (and holds) minions for some time. And like the grinder, it needs to wait for some time until it can be used again. Think; a dwarven vacuum cleaner. (ideas by Gustavom)
33. The Chicken Cannon: Long range wall trap that shoots chickens. Minions hit are briefly stunned, due to being pecked at by a very confused and angry chicken.(ideas by Hypovolemic)
34. Greek Fire Launcher: a ranged ceiling trap similar in range to a ballista that fires glass bottles that explode into a small fire AoE + DoT upon impact.(ideas by Hypovolemic)
35. Lightning Beacons: Small (0.5x0.5) wall traps that shoot lightning periodically between all other Lightning Beacons. You'd have to place at least two to start the lightning network.(ideas by Hypovolemic)
36. Orcnip: A large (2x2) ceiling trap that is a bunch of vines and flowers. It constantly drops a cloud of spores that cause minions walking through the cloud to become slowed and confused. (ideas by Hypovolemic)
37.Blunderbuss: Limited ranged ceiling gun that applies more damage the closer it is to its target. Has bullet spread that could hit more than 1 minion. Virtually a trap version of the gun from OMD2. This would combo great with Dobbin's Coin Forge. (ideas by BrokenScience)
38. Dwarven Grenade Launcher: Shoots an AoE grenade that does physical damage in an area after 2 seconds and can also send smaller minions flying. (ideas by BrokenScience)
39.Minion Cannon: Loads first small/medium minion that passes by its barrel by placing the minion inside an armored shell increasing the minion's physical armour. Cannon then fires the shell out dealing small damage to the minion. Fired minion takes and deals physical damage to every minion hit in its path until the fired minion dies or hits a wall. If the fired minion dies the shell explodes dealing physical damage and knockback in an AoE. Should the shell hit a wall, the minion takes heavy physical damage and is stunned before it can continue.(Shell also deals knockback to minions hit. The bigger the minion in the shell, the bigger the knockback.) (ideas by BrokenScience) THIS ONE IS TOO OP!!!!!!!
40.Plunger Detonator: a 0.5x0.5 size trap that let you a connect a long fuse or proximity trigger to a build-in map traps. It could also have a chance to not use a charge of it if it's a limited one or maybe refills it over time.(ideas by Sour) So Op with Cyngus!
41. Elemental Chaos: a 1x1 floor, it gives any minion that passes through the trap a debuff that swaps the magic/physial damag which it taken to physical/magical attacks(1/4 of the damage for each elements), correspondingly.
42. Stairs Acids: a 1x1 floor trap that must be place on top section of a stairwell. A current of acid will diffused down the stairs and makes the stairwell very slippery and dangerous. The acid damages minions and slows them down.
43. Shuriken Trap: a: 1x0.5 wall trap , it shoots shurikens on minions and deals physical damage.
44. Ice Bolt Trap: a 1x0.5 wall trap , it is ice version of Shurkien Trap, it shoots many icy projectiles( same as that of ice amulet). It has the same effect as ice amulet.
45. SnowBall Roller: a 1x1 wall trap, it is the ice version of Boom Barrel Roller, it rolls down big snowballs.
46. Icicle Mine: a 1x1 wall trap, it is the ice version of Boom Barrel, a bomb contains icicles. When this mine is hit, the mine explodes and the icicles splashes everywhere.
47. Ceiling-Mounted Ice Vent: a 2x2 floor trap, self explanatory. Regular Ice Vents take up too much floor space for most killboxes and the only ceiling ice trap currently in the game is the Icicle Impaler, which no one uses due to its manual trigger. A ceiling-mounted Ice Vent would be really useful when paired with, say, Grinders and Cursed Ground. (ideas by The Pillager)
48. Pygmies: a 1x1 floor trap, like archers but they shoot venom darts with a blowpipe. Venom can do DoT for 4 or more seconds. It would be a very funny companion throughout the game session with lots of taunting sayings and laughs! (ideas by Atrupelador )
49. GR FlyTrap: a 1x1 floor trap, a trap that has a resemblance of Venus Flytrap. It swallows orcs near by. Due to unpleasant taste of the orcs, it refuses to fully digest the orcs. It pukes them out after couple seconds.
50. Flash trap: a 1x1 celing trap. A trap that produce with a light flash with luminous intensity of 99999999999999 Candela. The orcs are temporary stunned or disoriented.
51. Plauge Trap: a 1x1 celing trap. It drops bacterium seeds on the orcs. The plauge outbreaks when the carrier died and spreads amount the orcs. The orcs who gets infected takes DoT damage.
52. Lightingbolt Trap: a 2v2 celing trap. It is very expensive, but it is stronger than Shock Zapper. It can only discharge one time before it is destoryed. The higher a player places it, the higher the damage it dealts.You heard loud thunder roaring throughout the map when the lighting of 100,000,000 volts strikes.
53.Portal Trap : Wall, Floor, Ceiling
A trap that is placed twice to create a link between portals. It has a variety of uses and uses a charge system, after being used "x" times, the portals close before reopening. More powerful creatures take up more charges or are immune to the effects of the Portal Trap.
1: Player Teleportation - a 1x 1 floor trap. Allows players to teleport around the map. Beware, if using portal traps offensively that the player doesn't use the portal and end up dying!
2: Combos - Place a portal on the ground so orcs fall through, and have the exit point over a pool of acid! Or, place it on a wall, push the orcs into the portal, and have them fall out into lava! Teleport orcs close to the rift back to the start of your killbox! Have orcs fall forever and be peppered with arrow walls. Shift orcs from one lane into another. The possibilities are endless. (ideas by Sire)
54.Rubber Ducky Trap: a 0.5x0.5 floor trap.Can be placed anywhere. Mobs pick it up and squeek it every few steps. Explodes after 1-5 squeeks like a boom barrel. (ideas by zippygrunt)
55.Snow Blower: a 2x2 celing trap. A Charge based trap that works like a mix of flame sprayer and Naptha, 1x1 space required, ceiling mounted, and blows until charges expire, low damage and adds chilled stacks to enemies. has a cool down time to make more snow.(ideas by mdragoon)
56. Piezoelectric Senser: a 3x0.5 floor trap.(I hope this is the size of the Tripwire?). It is similar to the Tripwire. When the floor senser is stepped by Green people, the mecahnical energy due to the stress is converted into the electrical energy. The energy are used to power up the lighting traps near by. Warnig: Law of Energy conservation is broken. It triggers lightingdamage traps only instead, but they dealt more damage and the extra factor depends on the type of the minion steps on it. Heavier the minions higher the damage.
57. Laser Detector: a 3x0.5 floor trap.It is similar to the Tripwire. When a minion cross the laser, it triggers all the arcane traps near by it with bonus damage.
58.Littile girl: Spend 25k coins to summon a nuke that wipe every minions and the guardains on the maps to the oblivion(Maybe the entire galaxy, too?). Energy of order 10^28 eV.
++59. Rift locater: a 1x1 wall trap. It located the closet rift:Unstable Rift or Rift, and marks it. It teleoports the user to the marker.
60.Road Block: a 3x1 floor trap. It acts a road block that blocks the path of orcs. They will attemp to path by it by destorying. It can be consdier as a CC trap,
61.Waffle cade?: a lower barrcades that allows for wall traps to be placed on them. It has lower-health, and, mabye, targetable by mobs so they would require some thought as far as placement goes. (ideas by Cracka08). The true killer cade!
=====Physical - There are plenty of Physical Traps to choose from, and these should also include the physic traps! However, physics aside, the only real "Physical Floor Trap" is the classic Spike Trap. Let there be another floor trap!
62.Chainsaw Trap (Floor) - Once triggered, raises a saw from the floor that deals constant DPS for a few seconds before resetting. Similar to the Grinder in function, but lasts for a time instead of charges and is on the floor. (ideas by Sire)
63.=====Arcane - I thought there was a decent number of Arcane Traps since Dragon Lances, Bowling Balls, and Cursed Ground were popular, but aside from the Arcane Phaser, there aren't any more Arcane Traps! So, to increase their number, I made up Arcane-themed wall and ceiling traps.
64.Rune Wall Trap (Wall) - A charged based trap with a crucial difference, it unleashes all stored charges when activated. The Rune Wall Trap will trigger an arcane explosion relative to how "charged" it is, dealing more damage and affecting a wider area. However, when not fully charged and if it is being constantly activated, the Rune Wall does fairly weak damage. Placement and using Parts will likely be critical when using Rune Wall traps. (ideas by Sire)
65.Arcane Prison Trap (Ceiling) - A 2x2 ceiling trap that immobilizes foes for a brief period, doing Arcane damage while doing so. One can say it is a variant on the Concussive Pounder, but larger, enemies take damage, and enemies can retaliate. (ideas by Sire)
=====Fire - There are a good number of Fire Traps available, with three floor traps and two wall traps (counting Naphtha, even though it probably won't be discounted). All fire lacks is a proper ceiling trap, but I suggested another wall trap for fun.
66.Fireball Trap (Wall) - Shoots out a fireball that explodes on contact, dealing AoE damage and inflicting the Burning debuff. Has the max range of 2 tiles, where it will explode if it did not make contact. (ideas by Sire)
67.Incinerator Trap (Ceiling) - A ceiling trap that acts as a flamethrower when activated, burning everything below it before resetting. (ideas by Sire)
=====Ice - There are 3 floor traps (Ice Spikes, Ice Vent, Ice Saw) and one ceiling (Falling Ice Spikes). So, Ice needs a wall trap, but another ceiling trap won't hurt.
68.Flash Freezer Trap (Wall) - A wall trap that will immediately freeze anything in front of it once triggered. Does no damage. (ideas by Sire)
69.Blizzard Trap (Ceiling) - Essentially a ceiling Ice Vent in function, even being 2x2, but lasts for a set duration instead of charges. (ideas by Sire)
=====Lightning - We got the classic Wall Charger and the Shock Zapper, and then there's that other Lightning ceiling trap. There be no Floor traps, so let us remedy that and include a bonus.
70.Tesla Coil Trap (Floor) - A 0.5x0.5 trap, places a mini Tesla Coil that will automatically shoot at nearby foes. Attacks only affect a single target and have a short range. (Optional Bonus: Tesla Coils can "charge" one another, boosting damage output and range.) (ideas by Sire)
71.Thunderbolt Trap (Wall) - A charge trap that requires players to activate it. Once activated, it fires off a stream of lightning, dealing instantaneous damage in an "infinite" line, similar to the Arcane Bowling Ball trap. Deals more damage the more charges it has, and will have lesser range if not fully charged. (ideas by Sire)
72.The Lava Bucket : Would work as boulder chute and Icicle impaler, 1x1 roof fire trap, not very exciting but in the spirit of what already exists. (ideas by ModFinder)
73.The flamethrower : 1x2 roof fire trap, not much to say, you know what's a flamethrower . (ideas by ModFinder)
74.The Power Grid : A 1x1 floor trap dealing electric damage upon several enemies (as the brimstone or the cursed ground), the trap would look like some electric arcs between electrodes in each corner of the trap
OR/AND The Electric Bath : same description than above and working as a tar trap, slowing a bit enemies but dealing less damage. (ideas by ModFinder).
75.The mouse trap : Well it's kind of a spike wall but on the floor : 1x2 or 1x3. (ideas by ModFinder)
76.The Arcanic Teleporter : a trap that could be placed only twice with two uses :
-first one, on floor, the first trap placed is the entrance, the second one is the exit, the trap needs to reload after 10 small minions or 2 heavy minions or a combination of both. 1x1
-if placed on wall it could be used as a teleporter for players (as dobbins tunnel) but it could be deactivated by enemy heroes (as power generators) or even used by enemy heroes. (ideas by ModFinder)
77.Bionka decoy: A direct upgrade from the normal decoy with a twist. It works the same for most enemies, but for orcs and such, they get a different effect. Any orc that gets in range gets mesmerized one by one, and gets a slow debuff that lasts for a short amount of time. (ideas by JoshuaKurayami)
78.Alternatives: Decoys for other factions (like the order), a sorceress decoy (basically a normal decoy but with the mesmerize effect) and a fat decoy (The 'expensive' version of the normal decoy, minus the mesmerized effect. Also comes with max commenting on how they should have found a different person to take his place.) (ideas by JoshuaKurayami)
79.Piranah Floor Trap - a Floor trap , Same size as Tar/Brimstones etc...
its a small pool of Hungry Piranahs that Slow and eat enemies , some combination of Grinders and Tar as a floor trap
Simple but very cool - imagine u have few of them on the floor and u see small piranahs jumping around in a pool trying to catch some orcs !
(ideas by JellyBelly)
80.Black Hole / Void Trap - this one im still not sure about , the idea is to get some kind of Black Hole that can do some crazy things like : Sucking enemies into it , making them disapear .
or maybe imagine u can put it anywhere on the map just like Unstable Rifts! but instead a big Orcish/Alien hand will show from time to time and Grab enemies to the VOID ! this can have high cost and cooldown .
it can also be some kind of a portal that sucks enemies into it, then after few secodns another portal will show in the air throwing those enemies to the abyss , lava , water , sharks and so on ... (ideas by JellyBelly)
81.The Deadly Meal - this one is my favorite ! it can get real funny , its a big Bowl trap(just like the one the Cook gurdian have) with the Orcs favorite Meal combined with Poison - the idea is , the Orcs see the Meal , stop for second , eat it and keep running, then they slowly start getting wierd effects on them ! it can either be Buffs or Debuffs - one orc can die instanly exploding and damging others , the other Orc can feel sick , FART! and make a poison cloud on other orcs! , but it also give them buffs like a Speed bonus , More health , Shield and so on!
(ideas by JellyBelly)
82.Wood Totem Trap - so you know those maps where you dont have a good place for cieling ballistas? how about a big Totem that you can place like 1-2 of them on each map, and those wood totems let u place Ceiling Ballistas on them! , this way you can make some crazy killing rooms (ideas by JellyBelly)
83.Acid Oscillator-Wall trap that sprays acid back and forth like a garden sprinkler. Shorter range than arrow or spitfire wall, but covers a wide area.
"Acidillator? Ascillador? Forget it, I'm gonna call it 'Jeff'!" -Maximilian, the War Mage
(ideas by Bangor)
84.Acid Gusher-Floor trap that looks like the tip of an oil well. Sprays acid up from the ground when triggered, covering a large area (something like an inverse Overload Trap). Enemies directly on the trap take full damage, while nearby enemies take half.
And up from the ground came some bubblin' gunk. Acid, that is. Green gold. Territories Tea.
(ideas by Bangor)
85.Acid Fall-Ceiling trap that pours a three-second waterfall of acid when triggered, damaging enemies who pass underneath it.
Don't go chasing acid falls, please stick to the flip traps and the spikes that you're used to...
(ideas by Bangor)
86.Tall Wall-A barricade that's high enough to allow for a wall trap on each of its four sides.
"It's a wall. That's tall. What part of this is confusing you, Max?!" -Gabriella, the Redeemed Sorceress
(ideas by Bangor)
87.Shock Beam deals damage every 0.2 seconds for 5s, with "infinite" range like the bowling ball, and with a cooldown of 10s or so.
Kinda like Stinkeye´s old laser passive, but penetrating enemies and with a cooldown. 1x1 size, to place on walls.
(ideas by Nillerboi)
88.Ice Scorcher - basically the normal scorcher with flames recolored to blue. I'll support this new trap because it gives more variety to floor traps that don't only hit right above. I mean, currently floor scorcher is the only one that can. If possible, having scorchers of every elements is good too (just give them different names like: Underground Tasers, Sunken Mojo)(ideas by LunaSling)
89.AoE Ballista - Borrow the weapon of the TNT archer and put it on a ballista. It will be extremely fun if the bomb arrow doesn't detonate immediately... I'll give my support on this too.(ideas by LunaSling)
90.Pain Saw - As a Haymaker fanatic, seeing something similar is good... however, Haymaker is all about knock-back. Without physics abilities, I think this will find itself in the cold dark corner where the Overload is located. On the other hand, if it performs like a floor Grinder, I think it may be more worthwhile.(ideas by LunaSling)
91.Steriod Flip-Something like "flip trap on steroids" that works on large minions (to make it feel unique?) but with 60 seconds cooldown.(ideas by Gustavom)
92.Empowering siphon: Increases damage by 0.25% each time an enemy crosses the trap. This buff can be stacked 100 times and lasts for 10 seconds.(ideas by Gustavom)
93.Defensive siphon: Increases armor by 0.25 each time an enemy crosses the trap. This buff can be stacked 50 times and lasts for 5 seconds.(ideas by Gustavom)
- Placement: Floor
- Size: 1x1
- Radius: 2x2
- Debuff Duration: 5 second
- Number of : 30
- Description: The dangerous sprinkler sprays orcs with gasoline. Enemies that are hit by it, will receive 20% more fire damage for 5 seconds and catch fire. After all the gasoline has been used up, the sprinkler will take some time to refill
- Placement: Wall
Effect: Will flatten small and medium enemies, deal 120 damage and leave them flattened on the ground for 2 seconds.
Description: A powerful construction manufactured by dwarves, this giant rolling pin will spring from the walls, knock back big enemies and flatten small and medium sized ones. Was originally used to roll out only the best of pizzas.
- Merry Jester
- Placement: Floor
Radius: Entire Map
Effect: Similar to the summoner trap, this trap will summon a harlequin that will lure enemies towards it and proceed to lead them around the map at random.
Description: By the darkest, evilest of powers, a truly dispicable creature is spawned: the Jester. He will taunt enemies until they attack him and then he will flee and only return to his original spot once he feels the danger has passed.
Note: This is intended to possibly work both for and against the player, randomly leading the enemies away from or towards spots where the player wants them to go.
- Pendulum of Destiny
Effect: A giant pendulum that will swing back and forth continueously and damage and toss enemies about as it goes.
Description: When Cygnus left the academy, he wanted to bring with him the biggst keepsake he could find. Since the watch tower already belonged to somebody else, he decided on the Pendulum of Destiny. Small and medium sized enemies are tossed around and all enemies take damage.
- Poster of adorable unicorn babies
Duration: 4 seconds
Number of affected enemies: up to 2 big and 4 small minions
Effect: Big and small enemies (excluding mercenaries and bosses) stop and look at the poster amorously.
Description: A poster of cute-as-a-button, super plushy unicorn babies. Even ogres cannot help but be enchanted!
Duration: 10 seconds
Number of enemies affected: all minions that are on the trap when it is triggered
Effect: A floor trap that will spin around when minions walk onto it and cause them to walk in a random different direction.
Description: This trap will leave the minions spinning. Enemies that walk over it are turned around without noticing and will take a while before they realize it and turn back around.
Health Points: 500
Effect: Creates a construction consisting of 2 walls, a floor and a ceiling, allowing players to place traps where they wouldn't be able to otherwise. The Plattenbau will take damage from minion hits and once it gets destroyed, all traps placed on it are destroyed along with it.
Description: Four walls, a new home, nothing more, nothing less! But watch out! Don't let it be destroyed in the chaos!
- Vanishing Curtains
Duration: 25 Seconds
Number of enemies affected: 30 at one time
Effect: Curtains are hung from the roof and when minions walk under they will vanish and stay inside the curtains for a time. Unless you count them as they go in and out, you will never know how many are inside the curtain. Players can enter the curtains and deal and receive damage while there, but they will be unable to see anything. Enemies inside the curtain are immune to damage from the outside. Once the curtains lift, all remaining enemies will be released and it will take some time before the curtains go back down.
Description: The Vanishing Curtains are a magical artifact that will surround anything and anyone they envelop in total darkness. Even minions desperately try to escape them. Nothing inside the curtains can be touched from the outside.
Limited to 4 at a time
Effect: A barricade that allows for traps to be placed on it as if it were a regular wall. However, it is so tall that you can neither shoot, see or jump over it.
Description: A wall.. sometimes with, sometimes without grafiti.. half torn posters are part of the basic set up.
- Pushy Poles
Duration: Extends and pulls back in on a 10 second loop.
Effect: Three steel bars will periodically extend from within the wall and block the path for players and minions both.
Description: Lock out your enemies... and yourself! Three steel cylinders will slowly extend from the wall and block the path for a short duration.
1.Explosives: Adds explosive effect to trap damage, because everything is better with explosions. May cause severe knock-back to smaller minions.(ideas by BrokenScience)
Tile system: Make the traps slightly less powerful when placing them on a "non-concrete" surface. (ideas by Cracka08).
Hero Unique Traps for Survival for those heroes who do not have suitable unique trap in Survival Mode:
Maybe more unqiues trap for each heros?
1. Bionka’s Rage: a 2x2 floor trap. It is a reversed orcish field promotion glyph(from insider!)! Instead of upgrade the orcs to a higher tier, it demotes the orcs’ tier! Light orcs become baby orcs! I hope they are cute! (for Bionka)
2. Icecube: a 0.5x0.5 floor trap, a "barricade" that slowly adds chill stacks to nearby enemies a the cost of melting it, not sure if it should reset or cease existing. (for Hogarth)(ideas by_the silent_H)3. Rage/Blood Fountain: a 1x1 wall trap, it buffs nearby hero with increased attack speed and move speed at the cost of taking increased damage. (for Bloodspike)(ideas by_the silent_H)
4.Overgrown Vines: a 1x1, wall, maybe ceiling trap, it grabs heroes,bosses and large units holding them in place for 5 seconds, target can still use all abilities and attack, recommended trigger range of an arrow wall, pulls them towards the trap.(for Ivy)(suggested by_the silent_H)
5. Void Wall: a 2x2 wall trap, it is expensive pulls minions in at varying strengths(so only a few are ever pulled in) enemies pulled(or launched) in die instantly, and always give souls.(for Oziel)(ideas by_the silent_H)
6 Tripwire: a 1x0.5 floor trap(2 versions)1) minions that cross it trip foward keeping momentum but are unable to change direction, have to get up afterwards, large minoin still trip but cause it to have to be reset
Or 2) minions still trip as in one, but it breaks no matter the size, but always activates adjacent traps.
(for Midnight)(ideas by_the silent_H)
7. Armory: a trap just like Bionka's orc promotion field, but it promotes Soldiers instead. (for a future released hero)
8. Decommission Trap: a trap just like Bionka's Rage, but it demotes Soldiers instead. (for a future released hero)
1 Hero/Boss Seeker-Spike: We need this one for the final touch for hero-killbox.
2 Hero/Boss Seeker Bear trap: (Poor Tundra) a floor trap that deals small physical damage and holds hero for short duration! It also reduce the hero’s armor. This is too OP (Suggested by JB96)
0-Slot Unique traps: They cost no trap slots just like Max's dummy.
1. Jedi’s cookies vase: Green people (orcs) love Jedi cookies. The vase lures green people for a long time until it runs of out of cookies. But, green people gets angry if there are no cookies left! They get desperate! Gnomish Repair Kit doesn’t work on it. Too OP!(Suggested by jediMidnight)
2. Max’s punch bag: Max has brought his annoyances to the next level. All minions want to punch this bag continuously! They hate the bag so much! But, minions gets blood-boiled and raged. They hits super hard after the bag is fully beaten. They guaranteed one-shot kill real Max! Gnomish Repair Kit doesn’t work on it. Too OP!
3.. JB’s Orc magnet: It is a trap like mosquito magnet and it looks like a bug zapper. Green people likes shinny stuff, and they yell “cool” then touch the cage. The trap shocks minions with high voltage. The minions takes heavy deadly lighting damage and fire damage because of the burn wounds. However, any hero who got too close to them will get shocked because there are some residue current on the minions. (RIP melees) The current flows to that hero and stuck on them for a long duration. Beware! This debuff can spread to teammate and get transfer over and over.!(Suggested by JB96)
Thank you for reading!
So this is how we add small words under our post/comments.
Post edited by raylei on