Community traps ideas suggestion thread!

Comments

• We need parts too!

Since it will have more tiers than t7:

Parts that allow ceiling traps to be placed at walls
    Parts that allow wall traps to be placed on ceiling and floor! op

We need dart spitter and all old traps to come back and then new traps!

• Don't forget floor traps on the walls and ceiling.
  • Here's what I imagined lately as good traps to add :
    The Lava Bucket : Would work as boulder chute and Icicle impaler, 1x1 roof fire trap, not very exciting but in the spirit of what already exists

The flamethrower : 1x2 roof fire trap, not much to say, you know what's a flamethrower :) 

The Power Grid : A 1x1 floor trap dealing electric damage upon several enemies (as the brimstone or the cursed ground), the trap would look like some electric arcs between electrodes in each corner of the trap
    OR/AND The Electric Bath : same description than above and working as a tar trap, slowing a bit enemies but dealing less damage

The mouse trap : Well it's kind of a spike wall but on the floor : 1x2 or 1x3

The Arcanic Teleporter : a trap that could be placed only twice with two uses : 
    -first one, on floor, the first trap placed is the entrance, the second one is the exit, the trap needs to reload after 10 small minions or 2 heavy minions or a combination of both. 1x1
    -if placed on wall it could be used as a teleporter for players (as dobbins tunnel) but it could be deactivated by enemy heroes (as power generators) or even used by enemy heroes

I'd like to like some visuals but i'm too bad drawing, so I'll let your imagination make it real ;) Hope that gives you some more ideas, and see you later in game.
  • Bionka decoy: A direct upgrade from the normal decoy with a twist. It works the same for most enemies, but for orcs and such, they get a different effect. Any orc that gets in range gets mesmerized one by one, and gets a slow debuff that lasts for a short amount of time.

Alternatives: Decoys for other factions (like the order), a sorceress decoy (basically a normal decoy but with the mesmerize effect) and a fat decoy (The 'expensive' version of the normal decoy, minus the mesmerized effect. Also comes with max commenting on how they should have found a different person to take his place.)
  • Hey   , i have some new Trap ideas going on my head  , wanted to share them :)

1.Piranah Floor Trap - a Floor trap , Same size as Tar/Brimstones etc...
    its a small pool of Hungry Piranahs that Slow and eat enemies , some combination of Grinders and Tar as a floor trap

Simple but very cool - imagine u have few of them on the floor and u see small piranahs jumping around  in a pool trying to catch some orcs ! 

2.Black Hole / Void Trap - this one im still not sure about , the idea is to get some kind of Black Hole that can do some crazy things like : Sucking enemies into it  , making them disapear  .
    or maybe imagine u can put it anywhere on the map just like Unstable Rifts! but instead a big Orcish/Alien hand will show from time to time and Grab enemies to the VOID ! this can have high cost and cooldown . 
    it can also be some kind of a portal that sucks enemies into it, then after few secodns another portal will show in the air throwing those enemies to the abyss , lava , water , sharks and so on ...

3.The Deadly Meal - this one is my favorite ! it can get real funny , its a big Bowl trap(just like the one the Cook gurdian have) with the Orcs favorite Meal combined with Poison - the idea is , the Orcs see the Meal , stop for second  , eat it and keep running, then they slowly start getting wierd effects on them ! it can either be Buffs or Debuffs - one orc can die instanly exploding and damging others , the other Orc can feel sick , FART! and make a poison cloud on other orcs! , but it also give them buffs like a Speed bonus , More health , Shield and so on!

this is just some idea popped in my head  hope u liked them ^^

• i have another cool idea for a trap that can be really awesome!

Wood Totem Trap - 
    so you know those maps where you dont have a good place for cieling ballistas? how about a big Totem that you can place like 1-2 of them on each map , and those wood totems let u place Cieling Ballistas on them !  , this way you can make some crazy killing rooms
  • BangorBangor Member
    Acid Oscillator
    Wall trap that sprays acid back and forth like a garden sprinkler. Shorter range than arrow or spitfire wall, but covers a wide area.
    Size: 1x1
    Area: 2x3
    "Acidillator? Ascillador? Forget it, I'm gonna call it 'Jeff'!" -Maximilian, the War Mage

Acid Gusher
    Floor trap that looks like the tip of an oil well. Sprays acid up from the ground when triggered, covering a large area (something like an inverse Overload Trap). Enemies directly on the trap take full damage, while nearby enemies take half.
    Area: 3x3
    Count: 6
    And up from the ground came some bubblin' gunk. Acid, that is. Green gold. Territories Tea.

Acid Fall
    Ceiling trap that pours a three-second waterfall of acid when triggered, damaging enemies who pass underneath it.
    Size: 2x1
    Area: 2x1
    Duration: 3
    Don't go chasing acid falls, please stick to the flip traps and the spikes that you're used to...

Tall Wall
    A barricade that's high enough to allow for a wall trap on each of its four sides.
    Count: 4
    "It's a wall. That's tall. What part of this is confusing you, Max?!" -Gabriella, the Redeemed Sorceress
  • Thumbs up for the "Tall Wall", because i had the exact same idea! This would be so nice! 
    Also i had these Ideas, but i didnt found this article here when writing it. Please someone extract the idea and put it on the list :P 

http://forums.orcsmustdie.com/discussion/13457/new-trap-thinner-wall-trap#latest
  • A "Shock Beam" That deals damage every 0.2 seconds for 5s, with "infinite" range like the bowling ball, and with a cooldown of 10s or so.
    Kinda like Stinkeye´s old laser passive, but penetrating enemies and with cooldown. 1x1 size, to place on walls. Would be cool
  • GustavoMGustavoM Member
    Can we have a "Ice Scorcher", please?
    Title.
  • TheetisTheetis Member
    How do you exactly want these to exist? Like, a Floor Scorcher that just throws ice instead of bursting very hot air, fire and ashes? I can't even imagine how you want an AoE Ballista. That'd be more of a bazooka, and it doesn't really fit OMD at all. Interested in Pain Saw though. I suppose it would emerge from the floor and deal damage for some time before going on a cooldown. I think it should do small damage in lots of portions, kinda like how Max's main attack works - is very fast but doesn't do much damage
  • empoleon666empoleon666 Member
    edited July 5
    Ice Scorcher: already I see a roadblock, is there enough magic in this universe to make a trap that shoots gas so cold that it burns? (aka, name would have to change, perhaps something like "Ice Hatch"). Now how would it work? does it shoot ice shards? does it eject a very cold fog? or something else?

AOE Ballista: sounds like an interesting idea. the most basic concept could be a regular ballista that shoots bomb arrow but takes more time to load (longer cooldown). Taking it one step further- it could be enhanced with fire somehow and lay down an area of fire for a short durration

Pain Saw: well didn't see that the brackets connected with this, but, I'll just say my idea for a "pain saw" afterwards. so from the brackets, pretty much it comes out of the ground and slices up anything that comes into contact, simple, but the animation for it to appear is anything but simple. going off the Haymaker, a wooden circle could pop up and blades would emerge before spining rapidly to deal low to moderate damage in a short amount of time.

Now the first thought I had with this saw was a 0.5 x 1 trap that pops a pretty large saw up from it's cavity to slice minions vertically.

Now for some simple complaints: you could of gave some sorta of ideas (like with the brackets for the "Pain Saw") in the description for the traps instead of having other people and the devs try to figure out the design and function based off a name (as simple as it may be). Not to mention you created another thread even after asking for an "Ice Scorcher" in the large Trap suggestions thread.
    Theetis said:
    a Floor Scorcher that just throws ice instead of bursting very hot air, fire and ashes?
    Yep. Imagine a "blue-ish" wind coming out of it with a few snowflakes gently popping out, as well. A "ice breath" of sorts.

Theetis said:
    I can't even imagine how you want an AoE Ballista. That'd be more of a bazooka, and it doesn't really fit OMD at all.
    Well, this game has orc pirates. And pirate ships. And pirate...cannons. Maybe a "Mini ceiling pirate cannon"? Shoots slower than the ballista, yet deals small AoE damage.
    Theetis said:
    Interested in Pain Saw though. I suppose it would emerge from the floor and deal damage for some time before going on a cooldown. I think it should do small damage in lots of portions, kinda like how Max's main attack works - is very fast but doesn't do much damage
    Actually, I was thinking of something like a chainsaw emerging from the ground and spinning its saw for a while. Low damage, yet very fast.

• LunaSlingLunaSling Member
    My LOL thoughts:

Ice Scorcher 
    - basically the normal scorcher with flames recolored to blue. I'll support this new trap because it gives more variety to floor traps that don't only hit right above. I mean, currently floor scorcher is the only one that can. If possible, having scorchers of every elements is good too (just give them different names like: Underground Tasers, Sunken Mojo

AoE Ballista - Borrow the weapon of the TNT archer and put it on a ballista. It will be extremely fun if the bomb arrow doesn't detonate immediately... I'll give my support on this too.

Pain Saw - As a Haymaker fanatic, seeing something similar is good... however, Haymaker is all about knock-back. Without physics abilities, I think this will find itself in the cold dark corner where the Overload is located. On the other hand, if it performs like a floor Grinder, I think it may be more worthwhile.
  • In general, more elemental traps would be nice. Now that Chaos Trial are a big part of the game (especially for end-game players), we need to have options for when we get the armor modifiers. Also, when we get the expensive traps modifiers, it's good to have a lot of worthwhile traps to use. I'm not against not using wall traps when they're too expensive, but I need a good variety of floor and ceiling traps to compensate.
    I'm not against traps which function the same but with different elements (like the wall blades and the wall charger, for example) or work the same but in a different place (a "constant damage" trap such as Grinder that goes on ceiling would be nice, we currently have none of those, making ceiling traps arguably worse on maps where you fight soldier, with their damn shield).
    Also, long time OMD players would certainly love to see some old traps make a comeback !
    And give every hero a special trap!
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    Fake Walls / Pillars would be awesome.

Would prolly break the game though and make everything trivial having access to every trap in every location.

I think  the Electrical Floor trap sounds really good - and Lightning is lacking right now.

Adding an Acid set to the game would be great as well.
    Something like "flip trap on steroids" that works on large minions (to make it feel unique?) but with 60 seconds cooldown.
  • The only charge based physic trap I can think of right now is a paper fan mounted on on the wall and shoots a gust to knock back light minions. Also one of the primary features of large minions is that they don't get knocked back, or if they do, it's very little. Btw, must you open a new disscusion for every trap idea you get instead of posting it in the big trap suggestion thread?
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    I merged some trap suggestions into the big thread. Thank you for all the ideas guys, keep them coming!
    German Community Manager