New Hero Ideas!- 13 Hero's with more to come!

Comments

• Hero Name/Occupation: Tiklik (Shaman healer)

Base Health: 150
    Base Mana: 175
    Base Damage: 6
    Base Regen: 2 health/sec, 2.5 mana/sec.

Primary Attack: Wand of sorcery: Low damage attack that heals for 20% of damage done, deals arcane damage.
    Secondary Attack: Healing spell: Casts a single target healing on allies, or if not targeting an ally it goes on himself for 5% max health/sec  for 3 seconds. Cool-down of 30 seconds. costs 30 mana.

Q Power: Shaman magic: Shoots a ray that roots and silences any enemy hit for 2.5 seconds. cool-down of 40 seconds. costs 20 mana.
    E Power: Nature's Blessing: resurrects a nearby ally that has fallen in battle for 25% of their health and mana. Cool-down of 240 seconds. costs 80 mana.
    L-ShiftJoyous Dance: Tiklik does a wonderful dance buffing nearby allies and minions for +10% movement speed and 2.5 health/sec. Toggle costing 5 mana a second
    Passive: Protective Aura: Allies near Tiklik gain +5 in both armor, radius of 2 trap spaces (heck if I know the units).
    Unique Trap: Same as Ivy.

Weaver Upgrades-

Lvl 3 upgrades
    :
    Magical Divinity: Increases the strength of Healing spell to 7.5% max health/sec for 3 seconds.
    Beautiful Dance: Increases the movement speed buff by 5% and grants 7 health/sec instead of 5 health/sec.
    Witchcraft: Increases life-steal from primary attack to 30% of damage done.

Lvl 6 upgrades:
    Professional Healer: Increases healing by 10%.
    You shall not die!: Decreases the cool-down of nature's blessing by 30 seconds.
    Shaman Sorcery: Increases root and silence to 3 seconds.

Lvl 9 upgrades
    :
    Gracious Dancer: Grants nearby allies and minions 5 protections but costs 8 mana/sec.
    Protective Shaman: Increases protections given by passive to +7.5. 
    Selfish ways: Increases primary attack damage by 10%.

Lvl 12 upgrades:
    Learnt from the best: Decreases the cool-down of nature's blessing by 20 seconds and gives the resurrected hero 50% of their health and mana.
    Helping Hand: Healing from healing spell is increased to 6 seconds.
    Elven Magic: Reduces the cool-down of Shaman magic by 10 seconds.

Note this hero is supposed to be very supportive not damage heavy.
    Good stuff here FuriousD, this reminds me of the 2 new bosses Grenwalde the Nature Lord and Lyzander the Resurrector thrown into one beautiful Hero mold. Seems like Tiklik and Bloodspike would be a great attacking pair!
  • edited July 2016
    JB96 said:
    They actually have art and such for a pride hunter boss, he looks pretty sweet, I forget which insider access he is featured in.
    That's awesome if you could do us all a favor and find the insider access so we could see it that would be super cool. :)

I think he's talking about this
    Edit: apparently it didn't go to the time stamp so it should be around the 43minutes 30 seconds mark
    For Tiklik go to around 9minutes 10 secounds

Also in that same video
    JB96 said:
    Hero Name/Occupation: Tiklik (Shaman healer)
    Good stuff here FuriousD, this reminds me of the 2 new bosses Grenwalde the Nature Lord and Lyzander the Resurrector thrown into one beautiful Hero mold. Seems like Tiklik and Bloodspike would be a great attacking pair!
    They talked about the retired healing boss (Tiklik) returning at a later date, as what I don't think the bulk of the community knows including me.

Bug finding penguin one more
  • edited July 2016
    Got feedback and suggestions (thank you) and this is what i got so far for my hero

Hero Name: 
    Aquarius The Unknown Warrior (She is dubbed as the "unknown warrior" for no one ever seen or knew about her kind.)

Bio: 
    She is a slime creature who survives by taking water molecules from the air and other liquids around her. The more liquid she consumes the stronger she gets. She can also control water and attack her enemies with it by shooting it out of her hands. 

Physical Appearance/Back story:
    As she is a slime creature she can take on any form. She preferred to take a form of a female warrior who found her and decided to raise her. She wears a light armor which she got from the warrior which is made out of fish scales which is water proof and stay on her body. Since she is a slime she is entirely the color blue except her eyes and hair which are a darker blue. She also doesn't have any organs meaning she doesn't have a brain. So she isn't that bright

Attacks: 

Left click:Bubbles : shoots water blobs at enemies.
      Right click:Tsunami : She spins around 3 times knocking them back and also dealing 30% damage to all near by enemies.
      Q: Liquid form: She becomes more liquid than solid. All enemy minions that walk by her slow down and all allied minions get no fire damage.
      E: Lust for water: Stuns all near by enemies and also 15% life-steal from each enemy. ( make them unmovable by controlling their blood and then steals some) 
       L-Shift:  Soak: Hits enemies with a wave of water which soak them which increase her primary attack damage by 5%.
     Will add more if people are still interested..
    Post edited by Cousin on
  • Cousin said:
    Well here is my hero idea hope people like it and it would be cool if it ended up in the game.

Hero Name: 
    Aquarius The Unknown Warrior (She is dubbed as the "unknown warrior" for no one ever seen or knew about her kind.)

Bio: 
    She is a slime creature who survives by taking water molecules from the air and other liquids around her. The more liquid she consumes the stronger she gets. She can also control water and attack her enemies with it by shooting it out of her hands. 

Physical Appearance/Back story:
    As she is a slime creature she can take on any form. She preferred to take a form of a female warrior who found her and decided to raise her. She wears a light armor which she got from the warrior which is made out of fish scales which is water proof and stay on her body. 

Attacks: 

Left click:Bubbles: shoots water blobs at enemies.
      Right click: Soak: She hits her enemy with a wave of water which soak them increasing her attack damage
      Q: Tsunami : She spins around 3 times knocking them back and also dealing 30% damage to all near by enemies.
      E: Lust for water: Stuns near by enemies. 20% life and mana steal from enemy heroes. ( make them unmovable by controlling their blood and then steals some) 
    will add more later..
    -It's a slime huh? Since this slime knows how to shape shift perhaps try thinking of a way to have it as an ability as a passive.
    -Here's some simple example for a Passive, try to think if you could expand on it:
    1.Liquid Form- Resistance to physical strikes and knock-back
    2.Hydrogen Monoxide (H20)- Gathers mana at a faster rate then other heroes (faster mana regen)

-Newer Heroes have a left shift ability, was there an ability that didn't leave the drawing board?
    -Not sure which role you intended her to be, but, it seems to be leaning towards defense with 3 aoe attacks.
    -Her "Lust for Water" said it drains mana from nearby foes, not sure how'd you steal stored magic from foes with just their blood.
  • @empoleon666 ya That's it, also Tikliks mask will be returning, possibly on a much better looking model.
  • I think they need to focus on maintaining a playerbase before they start going apeshit with adding new heroes.
  • Cool thread. BTW if you look at any of the concept art for Brass from IA and other spots, she has the Blunderbuss as her primary weapon.
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    - B.B. 1984
  • @empoleon666, this is so glaring it's blinding to me, its not hydrogen monoxide, that would actually be hydroxide one of the ions composing water, but water is instead dihydrogen monoxide. Sorry but it just bothered me too much to not say anything.

Also since blood is the life of most creatures we can assume some of their energy(mana) could be stored there.

@Cousin, the idea is cool, I'd find it more intriguing if it took the shape of ivy, without remembering it was ivy that rescued and taught her early on. I would say it would be easier to steal health than mana for her.

Maybe add a secondary passive that activates near ivy that's idolic remembrance where she absorbs some of the damage ivy would take upon herself to keep her idol alive if ivy does become the hero that saved her.
    She should also have a resistance to stunning but not snaring effects.
    From a drop of information can come a sea of extrapolation.
  • @empoleon666, this is so glaring it's blinding to me, its not hydrogen monoxide, that would actually be hydroxide one of the ions composing water, but water is instead dihydrogen monoxide. Sorry but it just bothered me too much to not say anything.
    In terms of naming, I don't think you use mono, di, tri, tetra, etc for the first element. But hey what would I know :/
  • there are two(di) hydrogens atoms attached to one(mono) oxygen atom, but chemists don't use that nomenclature for it anyways when they can say water and everyone understands.
  • edited July 2016

• edited July 2016

• Vortex: Kinetic Mage
    r click: invisible punch; ranges physical damage essentially he 'throws' a punch and it hit an opponent
    l click: this way: pulls A target closer from range
    shift: speed shoves himself in the direction of the arrow keys pressed
    q: and lift off: throws an enemy or small group of enemies up and they have fall damage... not very useful on heroes
    e: black hole: sucks everything in and crushed it for a duration
    passive: kinetic shielding reduced physical and thermal(fire and ice: forms of kinetic energy) damage in correlation to max mana
    tier 1:
    a) adds minion knockback to invis punch
    b) mana regen increase
    c) speed shove shoves further
    tier 2:
    a) lift off now also adds a slight push away to targets flung up
    b) this way's range increased
    c) speed shove also shoves thing the opposite way of button press with in an aoe
    tier 3:
    a) kinetic shielding reduces ememy hit speed for physical and thermal based damage in small aoe centered on himself
    b) lift off's knock up and back increased
    c)  makes invis punch have a shockwave aoe 
    tier 4:
    a) black hole allows for allied teleportation to the allied rift
    b) black hole's aoe increased
    c) this way's knock towards is increased
  • edited July 2016
    Vortex: Kinetic Mage
    r click: invisible punch; ranges physical damage essentially he 'throws' a punch and it hit an opponent
    l click: this way: pulls A target closer from range
    shift: speed shoves himself in the direction of the arrow keys pressed
    q: and lift off: throws an enemy or small group of enemies up and they have fall damage... not very useful on heroes
    e: black hole: sucks everything in and crushed it for a duration
    passive: kinetic shielding reduced physical and thermal(fire and ice: forms of kinetic energy) damage in correlation to max mana
    tier 1:
    a) adds minion knockback to invis punch
    b) mana regen increase
    c) speed shove shoves further
    tier 2:
    a) lift off now also adds a slight push away to targets flung up
    b) this way's range increased
    c) speed shove also shoves thing the opposite way of button press with in an aoe
    tier 3:
    a) kinetic shielding reduces ememy hit speed for physical and thermal based damage in small aoe centered on himself
    b) lift off's knock up and back increased
    c)  makes invis punch have a shockwave aoe 
    tier 4:
    a) black hole allows for allied teleportation to the allied rift
    b) black hole's aoe increased
    c) this way's knock towards is increased
    Stop stealing my ideas!!!! u_u

Buuut... good ideas for the abilites :p ... although I 'd change some things:

The RC sounds too much like Oziel's, so maybe something that looks more like a transparent wave, with some cool visual effect, and thus the name would be "Zen Wave"

For LC I'd use a "Karma Pulse": Which would be a small ranged AOE in which he hits the ground with his staff and it pushes away everything that's near him, be it minions or heroes, with some damage.

On Q I'd use your "speed shove" idea, but only forwards or backwards (doing it to the sides wouldn't be too useful) and also, maybe call it something more fancy... how about the "Dance of the Wind"

On E you put the "Heavenly Claw", which pulls an enemy towards you and casts a very short stun on him (something like a third of a second).

And shift would get the "One with Everything" which would, as you put it "suck" everything around the hero (oia medium range) towards him (while spinning his staff on one hand above him, like helicopter blades), while dealing damage, also applying the same short stun as the Q, which would in effect make it a radial Heavenly Claw, with a long cool down of course, like Zoeys ultimate.

I like the idea of you passive, but I'd go with something else: "Glide of the feather": Which would be basically OMD2 Gabriella's glide, but you can direct it a little bit, almost like tundra's snowball. It works by keeping space pressed while jumping, and yes, you can attack while gliding, but only with the Right Click.

As for the Tier Upgrades, I dunno... I'll think about it later =P

Edit: Btw, if it's not obvious, he should totally look like an asian monk, and he should be young and carry a staff, one that ends with a huge ring on top, with smaller rings inside it, that chime a little when he moves or attacks (although he only cojures his attacks with it, he doesn't hit directly with it)... sort of like Cygnus' eastern counterpart basically... With a huge bead collar around his neck and chest, shirtless, and some tattered pants that end mid femur. No shoes, or wooden sandals... oh and some rings and bracelets around on his arms
    Post edited by Jacowboy on
  • I didn't steal it you go some of this from my ideas for reworking smoulder, saying it would be cool on another character so I went ahaed with an idea for it. Honestly, I love the idea of mages. Fire, ice, void, earth, necro, blood, chaos. Void and chaos being my favorite, with blood and necro coming behind only because i think they'd be detrimental to the psychy of those who used them if they actually existed. And yeah the ult was supposed to be a long cool down... also your lc idea is like gaby with an actual push. also kinetic wave to me seems like a version of one of ball and chains moves so I didnt want to copy it.
  • edited July 2016
    Yeah no I was joking... anyways, I sort of changed the name to make it more Kung-fuey =P

Oh and yes, I'm putting in my Gabby wish-list in this character since the devs don't want to change her  B)
  • eh, I prefer western mages, they are a bit more engaging in personality... less reserved by stereotype. 
  • Yeah but there's a bit too much white on the roster =P
  • So... How about Vortex = re-skinned Melee Max from previous games?

Weapon: OMD2 Bladestaff
    Primary Attack: Same as OMD2 (slash).
    Secondary Attack: Same as OMD2 (radial wind blast with damage and knock back).
    Ability 1: The "Get Over Here" pull thingy.
    Ability 2: The AoE range-dependent damage and knock back idea from @JeremiahTemple ;
    Ability 3: Summons a Tornado that does some damage, but mostly flings minions/heroes around. Like a roaming AI Haymaker.

(I like Dance of the Wind / Speed Shove for Ability 3 too.)

Not as out there as the whole kung fu thing, but there might be a better chance of getting it added to the game...
  • @Jacowboy, I don't really pay attention to colour as much as I do culture. It's fun when your character has a slightly cocky side or crazy one. I mean we could do a mideastern person as vortex, they tend to be prideful people. And so both of you are twisting it to a wind mage... so basic like the prime elements.