Special events, Holidays and etc.

SenatorBirdSenatorBird Member
edited March 24 in General Discussion
Hi,
As far as I am playing this game the only event i got to play was Chestnado, but I've read at the blog that for closed there were another one, for Halloween a long time ago.
My suggestion is to keep those events happening. I think it is so cool that some games have special-date events.
Lets say for example that for Halloween in Siege mode, caches boxes would be pumpkin heads and after destroy it we could get candies.
Xmas we could have gift boxes instead, and a different music in background.
Also to have some skins for those events, that could be buy-able or as reward after getting enough of some unique item for this event, It would be amazing. Imagine Hogarth as Santa-Claus, Black paw with a rabbit skin on Easter...
There are plenty of opportunities: Xmas, Halloween, Easter...
I think it would be cool to have it. It would probably be implemented after the game is completed.

For start:
We are ware that There are some "special" events every week created for Orcs must die TV like: Orcs After Dark; Meet your Match and we also have some featured Streamers.
While Playing Today some players made some kind of "pact" To make a "Solo single Q" this day, then someone suggested we had to have a Single Q day and It was suggested to be on Fridays.
So the suggestion is that all Fridays be the day of the Solo Q! Or maybe once a month. Robot could help us by making that players who follow this single rule get a boost on chests or rewards.
Come on guys, lets make it, 09/02/2016 be a Community event, the First Solo Q Day :D
Post edited by SenatorBird on

Comments

• Characters ALL random event! All siege starter deck event! (i guess they could be new modes) Custom gives reward event! Verse developer team event! Valetines Event! (Bionka love!) THanksgiving events!(caches turns pumpkin)......too many ideas! 
    So this is how we add small words under our post/comments.
  • Hi,
    As far as I am playing this game the only event i got to play was Chestnado, but I've read at the blog that for closed there were another one, for Halloween a long time ago.
    My suggestion is to keep those events happening. I think it is so cool that some games have special-date events.
    Lets say for example that for Halloween in Siege mode, caches boxes would be pumpkin heads and after destroy it we could get candies.
    Xmas we could have gift boxes instead, and a different music in background.
    Also to have some skins for those events, that could be buy-able or as reward after getting enough of some unique item for this event, It would be amazing. Imagine Hogarth as Santa-Claus, Black paw with a rabbit skin on Easter...
    There are plenty of opportunities: Xmas, Halloween, Easter...
    I think it would be cool to have it. It would probably be implemented after the game is completed.

For start:
    We are ware that There are some "special" events every week created for Orcs must die TV like: Orcs After Dark; Meet your Match and we also have some featured Streamers.
    While Playing Today some players made some kind of "pact" To make a "Solo single Q" this day, then someone suggested we had to have a Single Q day and It was suggested to be on Fridays.
    So the suggestion is that all Fridays be the day of the Solo Q! Or maybe once a month. Robot could help us by making that players who follow this single rule get a boost on chests or rewards.
    Come on guys, lets make it, 09/02/2016 be a Community event, the First Solo Q Day :D
    Oh chestnado event back in day when chests actually gave you something (most of time useless resource) :dizzy:

Halloween is going to be eventful, I hope.
  • I think a single queue day would be fun. Be interesting to see all the team match ups.
  • Yeah more events would be cool, even if it only gave you oak chests or something. Another thing they could do is give out tin chests for a day to winning teams in siege or something
  • Robot doesnt even know we exist. we're just lab rats
  • Does it means no solo friday? XD It was working earlier today, it was fun :D
  • Solo Saturday? Sounds catchier :p
  • Solo Saturday? Sounds catchier :p
    Can be :) depends more on the community XD haha
  • As long as we keep Taco Tuesday
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    Future events are a popular topic in Discord chat. Having a forum discussion about it is a great idea, too! Let me know what sort of other events or holidays you guys would like to see for OMDU.

As a serious follow-up, would you guys enjoy a random hero event in Survival? That's not something anyone has suggested in the past but it's an interesting thought :)
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • pjk2002pjk2002 Member
    edited September 2016
    I feel like the Holiday events would be awesome! Personally, I have always loved that atmosphere of Halloween, and Nighttime Siege maps, Pumpkin Cashes, Candy Cache Drops, special skins you get for some plausible achievement; it would be so fun! I can totally see Oziel in a Dracula skin XD He is already kind of a Vampire, right?

Edit: I originally just said "Candy Drops" and thought that might be weird, so put Cache in there to clarify
  • SenatorBirdSenatorBird Member
    edited September 2016
    raylei said:
    Characters ALL random event! All siege starter deck event! (i guess they could be new modes) Custom gives reward event! Verse developer team event! Valetines Event! (Bionka love!) THanksgiving events!(caches turns pumpkin)......too many ideas! 

Harmonia said:
    As a serious follow-up, would you guys enjoy a random hero event in Survival? That's not something anyone has suggested in the past but it's an interesting thought :)
    I think that is a awesome idea, it would also work for siege. If possible I think it would be nice for this event not to be mandatory for those who don't like it to play random heroes , but making the event to have some kind of incentive for those who participate on it would be sweet and it would bring more players to the fun.
  • Holiday themed bosses! Some ideas...

1.  A giant snowman that freezes people and could potentially have the same amount of CC as Tundra.
    2.  Cupid shooting love arrows where all of your attacks heal enemies for a certain amount of time, for the opposing team of course.  Or provides some sort of charmed effect.
    3.  A bunny that tosses eggs at the enemy or at the ground that leaves portal XP or some sort of random buff/debuff as he makes his way to the lane.
    4.  A giant Robot that does some cool electricity damage and shoots confetti at times (launch day)
  • SiopilosSiopilos Member
    edited September 2016
    Harmonia said:
    Future events are a popular topic in Discord chat. Having a forum discussion about it is a great idea, too! Let me know what sort of other events or holidays you guys would like to see for OMDU.

I don’t like this random hero event if my random hero is 100lv. If you can exclude lv 100 heroes it will be real nice.

Post edited by Siopilos on
  • with how far they re behind, it might as well be 4x everything weekend or scale it to how new you are. lvl 1-25=4x lv 26-50=3x lvl 51-75=2x
    From a drop of information can come a sea of extrapolation.
  • Having people level up through that would probably ruin some of the experience for them, particularly Survival side.  Leveling up too quickly will make maps that they should be able to do much harder do to traps not being upgraded, while the ones they were supposed to do are below their level.  

If anything, another Chestnado weekend would be nice.
  • oh yeah because everyone loves skulls 
  • StarPilotStarPilot Member, Early Access
    Meh, skulls are nice to have at least. Think of it this way, do you whine when you have too much water to drink or too much air to breathe? Probably not since they're a core part of existing. Skulls in this respect are a core part of the game's economy, so there isn't really such thing as too many skulls. The lack of being able to do anything with skulls outside of crafting does mean you've got nothing else to use them on, but that's something solvable by Robot by implementing some sort of skull-based store.