Special events, Holidays and etc.

Comments

• luffyy said:
    oh yeah because everyone loves skulls 
    pretty sure you get more than skulls out of chests.  crafting materials, potions, scrolls, heroes, you know, all of the things that you could use to upgrade your play.  sounds pretty reasonable to me.
  • StarPilotStarPilot Member, Early Access
    luffyy said:
    oh yeah because everyone loves skulls 
    pretty sure you get more than skulls out of chests.  crafting materials, potions, scrolls, heroes, you know, all of the things that you could use to upgrade your play.  sounds pretty reasonable to me.
    Well I've been getting far more skulls lately than shortly after the open beta wipe, probably because I have most of the minions and traps now. Pretty sure when a duplicate is picked by RNG it just turns them into skulls.
  • Too my understanding that is correct as well, but the intent of the day was to allow "new players to catch up" meaning they wouldn't have enough things to duplicate and get skulls.
  • SenatorBirdSenatorBird Member
    edited October 2016
    Halloween is coming... Since the game is on development and a huge rework, i want to suggest something... If you devs have some time and if you plan to release the new version of the game before Halloween could you please make for us an special event for Halloween?
    Maybe an new map, some kind of creepy castle, with a new featured boss (a big ghost, vampire, Frankenstein, zombie, whatever) and maybe on this featured map minions could be dressed with Halloween themed monsters...
    Maybe this might be the best time suggest something like that, since you guys are developing new stuff...
    And consider think about something for Christmas pls.

@Harmonia, @sixokay what do you think? :3 
    Post edited by SenatorBird on
  • rayleiraylei Member
    edited October 2016
    Bosses: Headlesshorseman, Yeti!!!, Bigfoot, Dracula, Mummy,  Bettlejuice, Frankenstein's monster, even Death itself etc...
    Jack-o'latern kobolds bombers or fire spirits...
    Candies treat powerups!
    Dress up orcs! 
    Candy Generateor trap!
    Void Wall Trap!!!!!!!!
    Dress up minions. Events minions, zombies, bats, blackpaw's wolfs,Leprechauns from the Traits, and skeletons, etc...
    Time to use Pumkinhead Max and Witch Gabby?
    Dance moves in Thriller
    Thriller backgound music

Halloween special Map:
    Catatomb: Defend against the bosses and the minions above in the greatest tomb in the middle middle of a vast 
    cemetery of the Order.

So this is how we add small words under our post/comments.
  • Ok Robot... So far no special event since that chestnado and the Halloween event for closed beta.

At xmas at least we got some limited time skins, which was nice

Next week, March 29, it will make One year since OMDU is on Open Beta, and was released on steam!
    I think this is a really nice moment to make a special event or some sale, right?
  • JuicyJuicy Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    When's orc week?
    Wiki Contributor: Juicearific - Got a wiki suggestion? Let me know.
    Welcome to Juicy's Midnight Assassination Service. You grab em, I'll stab em.
  • Juicy said:
    When's orc week?
    They should make it next week to celebrate 1 year of open beta of omdu on steam :D plus release the premium shop patch o/ would be nice with something special, maybe more chests this week or some sale on gold :D or anything special
  • Harmonia said:
    You might want to check back tomorrow. We might have something cool planned. Just sayin'.  ;)
    Oooooh Nice! Ty for sharing.
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    edited March 28
    I spoke too soon on this. We have something really cool planned but it's not happening tomorrow. Sorry, guys. :(

Post edited by Harmonia on
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • Harmonia said:
    I spoke too soon on this. We have something really cool planned but it's not happening tomorrow. Sorry, guys. :(

"/
    Np @Harmonia at least it is good to now that something is coming. I was just guessing this week would be nice to have something specially because it has been a year it was released on steam :D

I guess this "something really cool" will be soon?
    Again ty for sharing tho :D
    Harmonia said:

Gifs on point atleast. That poor pupper looks so sad.
  • rayleiraylei Member
    Juicy said:
    Harmonia said:

Gifs on point atleast. That poor pupper looks so sad.

So this is how we add small words under our post/comments.
    ...D= . Cannibalism is not OK.
  • BukrekBukrek Member
    @Harmonia is that suprise for us? by the way you are the best :)
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    edited March 29
    Aww. Thanks, everyone. I really do feel bad about the goof. I try very hard not to say the word, but there's really cool stuff coming soon!
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • Harmonia said:
    coming soon!
     B) I'm very, very patient.
    The Box O' Vox | Orcs Must Die! Twitch Streamer | Twitch.tv/AndrealVox
  • HuskeyHuskey Member
    edited March 29
    Looking forward to the "cool stuff" that is to come. I'm assuming it's not the same as the Premium Shoppe, as that was already announced. I hope it will add some additional content to endgame players as well as extra rewards. I was really hoping that for completing achievements, we were going to get some rewards, whether it be skulls, specific cards, or chests.

Since you did think that is was tomorrow, I'm assuming the content is complete or nearly-completed. Is by the end of next week a safe assumption?
  • It could be an april fools event.

So I'm hoping for a Max skin. Max as an Orc.