Special events, Holidays and etc.

13»

Comments

• new event soon?
    Easter is coming.
  • HuskeyHuskey Member
    In the latest 'Mercenary' Insider Access, SixOkay told us to keep an ear out for something this week. Whether it be an announcement, patch or event, we do not know. 
  • SenatorBirdSenatorBird Member
    edited April 4
    Post edited by SenatorBird on
  • ProtoZealottProtoZealott Member, Early Access
    Not really an event so much as a sale. Will there be any actual in game events accompanying this? Would be interesting to have something like a community orc killing challenge, or something like that anyways.
  • Not really an event so much as a sale. Will there be any actual in game events accompanying this? Would be interesting to have something like a community orc killing challenge, or something like that anyways.
    Yeah  I was gonna wait a bit but I agree. When I ask for events I do ask for this kind feature like other games do... Would be nice... Community events would be great and give chests or traps cards in return... Easter event! Put a rabbit skin on swifty hooves XD and orcs with some skins too haha funny
  • HuskeyHuskey Member
    We will have to wait until Thursday to see what the 'Big announcement' is for OMD:U. Essentially the orc week is so far is just for people who don't own the series yet. I'm excited to hear what's to come Thursday!
  • nthornnthorn Member
    i prefer them to focus on core game right now
  • Well this is just a steam deal. I'm hoping for patch notes soon.

Also this isn't focusing on other games the orcs must die series is well know on steam. With this deal it's free marketing as well bringing in more players to play this game. Also if you keep up-to-date you would know that they are working hard on the mercenaries, premium shoppe and more maps. All hopely coming next patch.
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    Orc Week is just the beginning, guys! Keep an eye out all week for fun and exciting content :)
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • Is something special also going on on the first week too? :D something like double skulls for the first week, or since Easter is coming maybe a Easter map or even some community event like Slay X number of Orcs? :D  Or in the future anything like that would be awesome
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    We've had so many great reveals this week, maybe I'll sneak a little extra into the thread here :)

I am very keen to get events into OMDU and I have some ideas cookin' with our teams here on what those might look like. Obviously, we've been working *really* hard on Sabotage mode recently, so that means we have to wait a bit longer for fun in-game events. I can't say "soon" yet. But we're thinking about it and working on it.

You know what that means: it's a great time to tell us what you'd love to see for events! 
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • Community quests: Community all works on the same quest. 
    eg get a combined kill of 10Million kobolds and everybody who took part during this time will earn a reward (as previously mentioned in this thread). 

Holiday Vanity items: earn an item eg potion that gives an aesthetic effect for one game or a short period of time eg you glow, turn into an elf, look like a ghost. 

Item hunt: an item (eg a book, garden gnome) will be hidden in each map, collect a number of them to unlock a reward or maybe just an achievement. These will be in hard to access or find places within maps. This may just be part of the game and not event specific. 

Holiday themed weekly challenge.

Quest giver appears in a certain map each week. Find quest giver within the map to receive a quest. 

13»