Sticking together as a community

FatManShotYouFatManShotYou Member
edited September 2016 in Community Showcase
I know that a lot of people will be uninstalling Orcs Must Die Unchained when they remove Siege and honestly cannot blame them. One thing we need to remember though is that WE kept this game alive for years, this community was passionate and provided feedback regularly and that cannot be reset. I have no doubt this game will die without more communication from the devs and after this massive gut punch to the bulk of their players trust in them will be very difficult to achieve.

Our feedback regarding the removal of siege and the reset to everything is not welcome and in this day and age the consumer has more information readily available than ever before to make smart purchases and when you scam half of your community reviews will reflect it. Long gone are the days where underhanded tactics are possible without the average consumer knowing about it and therefore taking their business elsewhere. The direction that OMDU is going means nothing when you don't communicate it and faith will only go so far especially when you shatter that faith right beforehand. 
This is just my opinion on the removal of siege and the reset of everything. Take what you will from it.

Back to sticking together as a community. This community has many awesome people in it, there are also alot of people who I dislike but you know what is funny? Despite them being wrong and their point of views being asinine at best they at least care enough to try to change the game and provide feedback astonishingly often and that is not to be taken lightly. I have seen many games where the playerbase is tiny and the forums are dead at best but not OMDU, we stay active and provide plenty of ideas and support. Even someone with the wrong attitude adds to the narrative of a conversation and that is the most important thing to remember when it comes to arguments. There are a few people who certainly did not help and provided nothing but hate but at least they added something even if it was trash and having people who care enough to contribute to a game is the most important ingredient to a successful community. 

The point here is that we have not failed the devs, the devs have failed us.

In light of this statement I urge the people in this community to continue to play together even after OMDU, do not let this be the end of our community of siege players. I would hate to see the community we have grown together to be another casualty of the upcoming changes. My steam id is "FatManShotYou" same as in game and will accept anyone from the OMDU community who wants to add me. 

I'll be playing siege up until the servers go down and I hope to see most of you in game!

Senior Officer of PRIDE
Master Exploiter
That one loser from PRIDE
That bad PRIDE member

FatManShotYou

Comments

• kn0ckkn0ck Member
    edited September 2016
    I remember Edged added Fatman to our party when he was starting to get good. He's like this dude is good on offense, add him.

I was like alright sure. 

Kind of missed pushing with this fatman. After he joined pride and things in my life went to orc I started arguing with all of pride for a while (even though I agree with most of what they argue lol).
    Only played a few games with him, but I actually had support when pushing against good players. Only a handful of people I played with can actually work off of my aggression on ivy, and our pillager is god knows where deathmatching boxes or something, sometimes popping in to maybe make power plays but doesn't have Edged's midnight timing and fucks it up horribly lol (reliving nightmares of solo pushing in the kobold open tournament now).

Was a ton of fun TBH, he was a bit of a troll but not the malicious kind that is unnecessarily harsh or is overly rude.

I think you, me and Shodan, R'lyeh could have made a troll club if I wasn't so aggro a bit ago lol. I know Zinwrath would have joined it, could have gotten him out of Zinwrath (Elite) guild possibly. 

I was debating on making a guild called kn0cked (Up) or something stupid. No point now that the devs are killing the game though.
    Rip the dream.
    Post edited by Harmonia on
  • nah I suck
  • nah I suck
    Possibly best Bionka in game atm lol. Can't recall what you played aside from her but your Bionka is solid.
  • FatManShotYouFatManShotYou Member
    edited September 2016
    kn0ck said:
    nah I suck
    Possibly best Bionka in game atm lol. Can't recall what you played aside from her but your Bionka is solid.
    I spend 87% of the game lining people up to knock them into an insta death spot, 11% of the game looking for an invis midnight to bounce and kn0ck off and 2% of the game dancing the cat daddy in the rift room.

I suck.
  • I spend 87% of the game lining people up to knock them into an insta death spot, 11% of the game looking for an invis midnight to bounce and kn0ck off and 2% of the game dancing the cat daddy in the rift room.

I suck.
    Did I ever show you how to easily bodyblock people on unchained fortress? The gap people often jump over, when you position yourself, can be used to cause an instant kill via suicide. Honestly that is the best orc ever.

I've died waiting for people at times. The best time to do it, is when you're hogarth (because he's fucking huge), and running away. Quickly turn back and stand a little over the edge so they can't land.

It's a psychological weapon, in that when people are chasing you, and they jump, they don't expect to instantly die via body blocking.

Try that orc dude, it's so worth it. I do it on ivy sometimes.
  • CaileenaCaileena Member
    edited September 2016
    Hey, agreed there are some greats in this community, and I hope to play with them in other venues. I made this public group on steam so we can still chat and game together if you're interested www.steamcommunity.com/groups/omdusiegevets 

So sad to see siege go :'(