Steam reviews got worse after robot's decision to remove Siege mode.

2»

Comments

• kn0ck is looking at recent, which is just last 30 days. if i were robot i would have expected this.

for them to get really good reviews, they need to delight either their pve or pvp players, and so far they haven't really done either. At least not enough to get above 65% positive reviews. (I gave it a positive review a few patches ago and was most helpful for 30 days, so I've done what I can)
  • CannaFizz said:
    With all due respect, I think the quotes I posted were pretty conclusive. The problem isn't that there wasn't enough positive feedback to Siege mode on the forums. They said themselves that, not just the player feedback, but the "server data shows that Survival is by far the most popular element of OMDU." The server data is objective and not open to interpretation like player feedback is. They're saying that Survival is the more popular mode because they can tell by looking at the server data and seeing that their servers are being used for it over Siege games.

I think you're missing the forest for the trees. Yes, it's no secret that many players, both Siege and Survival fans, left. And I'm not about to dispute any of the game's flaws. But when they say only a portion of their players are actively playing Siege, they're speaking relatively. If only a small portion of remaining players are involved with Siege, then it follows that the remainder of them are playing Survival. They have chosen to focus on the more popular mode.
    I agree if they would reveal the server data, that would end this dispute.

Sadly all data we have right now is the steamchart, which shows only the fact that player base is shrinking day by day. We have no server data to look further into. Your statement that there are less siege players than survival players is not based on the data you currently have in hand, but merely based on your speculation and your faith that ROBOT interpreted their server data correctly.

Again, I'm not saying ROBOT lied about their data or their server data is wrong. I'm just saying they may have misinterpreted their data. I've been working with data a lot. I know how easily it can be misinterpreted.
  • Lemons and oranges. Lemons got cut off -- the ones who liked lemons are complaining.
    So, yeah... that's expected.
  • AtrupeladorAtrupelador Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    kn0ck said:
    well, that is what happens when a group of unhappy people all do the same thing.  mob mentality, lots of impulse reactions, and cutting ends before even trying what is next. 

good thing for robot, those that are sticking around are doing it for the right reasons. 
    I can't say that they are. Robot tried to get moba money, failed, then decided to shoehorn their PvP game into pseudo-OMD3. Classic case of devs not giving a orc about initial fanbase, then not giving a orc about the people who tried out the new thing. They want the bigger, more profitable OMD1/2 fanbase back.

Siege is being removed for financial reasons, not game design ones. 

Do we REALLY want a F2P PVE GAME? I don't want to QUEUE for single player. It seems kind of retarded.

Do you think we're getting the well designed skull system from OMD1 and 2? NO LOL.

What about the loadout customization of those games. Not likely.

We'll get an awkward OMDU converted to OMD3 game that'll likely be worse than OMD1 and 2 due to its inherent design.
    Man.... you wish so bad that ROBOT fails. That's a shame. I am sure they will exceed every expectations for their TRUE fanbase. You can search for another game elsewhere right now. Peace.
  • I get that people that played Siege exclusively are going to be peeved, but Robot is one of the few companies that IMO doesn't engage in cash grabs. Robot looks even better when you start comparing them to some specific games like Elder Scrolls Online, which launched at $60 with day one DLC, plus plans for DLC expansions, plus a monthly fee, plus plans for a diablo style marketplace.
  • CannaFizzCannaFizz Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    CannaFizz said:
    With all due respect, I think the quotes I posted were pretty conclusive. The problem isn't that there wasn't enough positive feedback to Siege mode on the forums. They said themselves that, not just the player feedback, but the "server data shows that Survival is by far the most popular element of OMDU." The server data is objective and not open to interpretation like player feedback is. They're saying that Survival is the more popular mode because they can tell by looking at the server data and seeing that their servers are being used for it over Siege games.

I think you're missing the forest for the trees. Yes, it's no secret that many players, both Siege and Survival fans, left. And I'm not about to dispute any of the game's flaws. But when they say only a portion of their players are actively playing Siege, they're speaking relatively. If only a small portion of remaining players are involved with Siege, then it follows that the remainder of them are playing Survival. They have chosen to focus on the more popular mode.
    I agree if they would reveal the server data, that would end this dispute.

Sadly all data we have right now is the steamchart, which shows only the fact that player base is shrinking day by day. We have no server data to look further into. Your statement that there are less siege players than survival players is not based on the data you currently have in hand, but merely based on your speculation and your faith that ROBOT interpreted their server data correctly.

Again, I'm not saying ROBOT lied about their data or their server data is wrong. I'm just saying they may have misinterpreted their data. I've been working with data a lot. I know how easily it can be misinterpreted.
    I know you're not saying that they've lied. I still completely disagree with you.

I think this argument is at its end. Robot isn't going to release any more information and I don't think they're obligated to. No company is infallible and I'd never blindly put faith in them, but some things are meant to be taken at face value. There is no compelling reason to think they've in any way made a mistake. None at all. If this somehow makes me the stubborn one, so be it. I get wanting to see definitive proof with your own eyes, but sometimes you need to fill in the gaps with common sense. There isn't anything left to say on the matter. 
  • last time I checked (and I check freq) omdu steam had a steady 65% positive/total rating.
    right now it has 1115 neg, 2127 pos, 3242 total, = 65% acceptance. its the same....
    i know I just woke up, didnt have coffee yet, but what am I missing here?
    oh, you know, the same people being mad still.  should probably just go back to bed, nothing has changed here.
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    I believe they're talking about "recent" reviews, which add weight to reviews made in the last 30 days. There have been some negative reviews since last Monday's announcement, which has dropped that particular score. 
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
2»