Release 1.8 - Patch Notes

Comments

• TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    It used to be like that, endless would give better chests depending on how far you would reach. 
  • DrathmarDrathmar Member
    edited February 20
    I agree strongly on something needed for endgame, The daily chest isn't much to keep me going and rarely gets me an upgrade. So i get it in 1 or 2 maps and I'm done for the day... 20-30 min of play time. Generally speaking, playing to farm skulls just in case there's a good daily deal provides little motivation for me.

For the endless.... it might be nice if all endless stages reset their 5star chest every day or every other day. However doing the same endless stages over and over gets old so I'm not sure about it, but atleast it would raise the endgame 12 RL chests per week limit.

However I was thinking more about quests, opening up a whole new tab on profile page that gets 5 new quests a day and can have 10 or so quests on it for various things to do, especially quests that might force us to change the trap load outs or try different things.
    • "electrocute 1000 minions"
    • "incinerate 1000 minions"
    • "send 1000 minions out of bounds with physics"
    • "send 1000 flaming minions into the water to cool off"
    • "all team members achieve 13x combos"
    • "complete 100 levels of RL endless"
    • "Complete 100 rounds of endless with a particular hero"
    • "Complete certain stage using less that 50% of trap count"
    who knows it be weekly quests, and raise the bar to 10,000 or 100,000 minions and get a chest every 25% or 50%.

Also Please make some rather hard (especially if everyone got the same set of quests every week), and that would also give you a good gauge of what the end game players can do with your current patch balance. (or even what % of players can achieve it) Winning 7 or 15 matches isn't exactly a real challenge.

Post edited by Drathmar on
  • iamlexiamlex Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder

- What is the point of the Steam trap?  It seems basically worthless especially since they don't take damage from it.  Wouldn't they at least take fall damage?  I could see it being useful if it had a lower cooldown.  Maybe I'm missing something.
    Mobs take extra damage while in the air. 4x damage, IIRC.
    Wow, where did you find that information?  It isn't listed in the trap.  Thank you so much, that's a hugeee deal!
    certainly more hilarious
    And that's what it's all about.  I often setup slightly less optimal combos because they make me chuckle every time.
  • @ShadeDev I think you missed a pun/Easter egg with Temper. You could have referenced the band The Temper Trap and called his healing ability "Sweet Disposition"
  • GorksterGorkster Member, Early Access
    The downloads are real :D
  • Can you guys reset the map leader boards? I'm seeing some ridiculous scores from some people I regularly stomp on the weekly challenges and if they utilized bounty generator exploits to get them then their scores will be unapproachable for anyone who follows.
  • SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    Can you guys reset the map leader boards? I'm seeing some ridiculous scores from some people I regularly stomp on the weekly challenges and if they utilized bounty generator exploits to get them then their scores will be unapproachable for anyone who follows.
    There's only a single score that's 'ridiculous' on the entire NA leaderboards and that's the one by JameXuan on Rift Lord Eventide Fortress for 62 million.  Yes, that was certainly done using the bounty generator bug that got fixed today. Every other score that I can see is lower than what is technically possible with just a legit combo build.
  • ShadeDev said:
    We know you've exhausted ways to get cards.  We are working on solutions, but at the moment, you still get daily quests and log in rewards to gain chests.

We are working on new ways to obtain chests that aren't so tedious to grind and have greater replayability.

Except these new quests are extraordinarily specific and allow limited options on which maps to accomplish them on.  Previously we were supposed to use a certain play style (e.g. focused on accumulating gold) or achieve a certain amount of the task (e.g. accumulate wins), which let us choose whichever maps suited us.  With very specific monsters to kill, we have to search the maps to see which one even has those monsters and play those maps exclusively until the goal is achieved - so, you know, more grind and fewer options.  I would personally prefer "kill 100 large minions" over "kill 15 fire ogers" because then I can choose the map I want to play with confidence that there will be at least some of the required targets.
  • iAndyiAndy Member
    edited February 21
    In regards to temporary end game stuff, why not add a system like the sub cards from subway.. you play 10 different levels that you have fully completed with all characters and you get a chest, and it's repeatable?
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    The Bionka change and minion attack range changes are real.  The other changes are only text fixes.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • ScizSciz Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    edited February 22
    ShadeDev said:
    The Bionka change and minion attack range changes are real.  The other changes are only text fixes.
    Ugh. I left out a couple that I knew were only description fixes, but looking back at 1.7 and 1.6, I think the ambush trigger is the only one here that was ever actually listed that I overlooked.

Much obliged for the intel. I hate to keep inadvertently stepping on your toes with this stuff, but my efforts to use my powers for good keeps turning up this data that's getting lost in the shuffle somewhere.
    Post edited by Sciz on
  • GhengisJohnGhengisJohn Member
    edited February 22
    SeanPoe said:
    Can you guys reset the map leader boards? I'm seeing some ridiculous scores from some people I regularly stomp on the weekly challenges and if they utilized bounty generator exploits to get them then their scores will be unapproachable for anyone who follows.
    There's only a single score that's 'ridiculous' on the entire NA leaderboards and that's the one by JameXuan on Rift Lord Eventide Fortress for 62 million.  Yes, that was certainly done using the bounty generator bug that got fixed today. Every other score that I can see is lower than what is technically possible with just a legit combo build.
    Well if it's so easy to replicate your scores then resetting them shouldn't be a problem right? So why object? Even if you didn't use the bounty generators, it would just clear out some of the people who might have. And since some of the maps have been adjusted they're not the same challenges anymore are they? So why keep the old scores? A lot of the heroes have been adjusted, so they aren't even the same. There is really no valid argument for not resetting.
    Post edited by GhengisJohn on
  • SeanPoeSeanPoe Member, Early Access
    SeanPoe said:
    Well if it's so easy to replicate your scores then resetting them shouldn't be a problem right? So why object?
    Well, first of all I didn't even think you were talking about my scores because you said the person you were talking about had low weekly scores and I've had the #1 weekly score for 6 weeks in a row. I also never objected to anything.  I was only pointing out that there's only a single score on the entire leaderboards that was obviously done with the bounty generator bug.  I know that because I have the top score by a very large margin on multiple maps without using it so I have an idea of what's legitimately possible.  Also it was impossible to get a high score with the bounty generator bug while simultaneously getting 5 stars (meeting par time) because it took too much time to stack the coin bonus up enough to make par and get a high score (at least 10-12 minutes minimum extra time to get 3mil coin).  Most of my scores were set with 5 stars so it would be impossible for me to use that bug to set those scores.  I also took screenshots of the stats page for all my high scores (showing the time, coin bonus, total combos, max combo, etc.) so I could easily prove that my scores were done legitimately.

But anyways, if i was to make an argument for why the general leaderboards shouldn't be reset right now, I would say it's because scoreboard participation is already incredibly low.  I know most people (myself included) would not be willing to go back through all those maps to set new scores because 1) there's no reward for it, 2) takes an enormous amount of time, 3) actually costs skulls because you need consumables, and 4) every score up there except for JameXuan's single score can be beat right now so wiping would be entirely pointless (combo generator part will increase the max possible score for all maps by 20-40% compared to scores set in 1.7).  The only benefit of a wipe would be because certain scores might not be possible to achieve anymore while simultaneously getting 5 stars because of the updated par times.  But the leaderboard is about score, not stars, so that doesn't even mater.

Also here's a screenshot showing my time and coin bonuses on Rift Lord Maximum Security (5 Star) just to show you that these scores are possible to get without that bounty generator bug.  Only 129k of my 4.349m score came from coin. 

• GhengisJohnGhengisJohn Member
    edited February 22
    SeanPoe said:
    SeanPoe said:
    Well if it's so easy to replicate your scores then resetting them shouldn't be a problem right? So why object?
    Well, first of all I didn't even think you were talking about my scores because you said the person you were talking about had low weekly scores and I've had the #1 weekly score for 6 weeks in a row. I also never objected to anything.  I was only pointing out that there's only a single score on the entire leaderboards that was obviously done with the bounty generator bug.  I know that because I have the top score by a very large margin on multiple maps without using it so I have an idea of what's legitimately possible.

This is fair. That said I haven't been taking screens every week but here's a couple where I don't even see you. No offense. But I wasn't talking about you specifically, it's just that you answered me.

Though I feel like you have a fair point that participation is low and jacow made a good point that they'll all be wiped eventually anyhow so actually I shouldn't sweat it.

Though I appreciate seeing how much of your score was gold. I can run through the map and make a comparison.
  • SeanPoe said:
    SeanPoe said:
    Well, first of all I didn't even think you were talking about my scores because you said the person you were talking about had low weekly scores and I've had the #1 weekly score for 6 weeks in a row. I also never objected to anything.  I was only pointing out that there's only a single score on the entire leaderboards that was obviously done with the bounty generator bug.  I know that because I have the top score by a very large margin on multiple maps without using it so I have an idea of what's legitimately possible.

This is fair. That said I haven't been taking screens every week but here's a couple where I don't even see you. No offense. But I wasn't talking about you specifically, it's just that you answered me.

Ghengis, keep in mind that weekly challenges are usually not great for scores, I don't see how they prove a whole lot, mostly i run them for the chests and I'm done. Several weeks I didn't even bother to run it solo.

All the other stages I endlessly refine my loadout as i play through the 15 heroes. Maybe you should try refining your trap set a little instead of just deciding it's all coin "exploits" There are a few with some exploits used, but not THAT many.

As far as replicating them, if they were erased, yes we could, but for 30+ stages it's time consuming and no reward and rather pointless. I'm more curious how new parts will effect top scores.... if i ever get them of course

• The Reaper KingThe Reaper King Member, Early Access
    Does anyone know what was included in the update today?
  • Steam achievements functionality, that is the primary thing I have seen.  If you had earned any achieves, just logging in now will update your steam client to the current progress.  However, partial progress on accumulation achievements are still only tracked in game.  So the 12/100 guardians placed stat will show in the game client tracking, but steam will stay locked until the achievement is complete in said game client.
  • The Reaper KingThe Reaper King Member, Early Access
    Thank you!