Wish list: A difficulty above Rift Lord

I remember taking a survey sorta early on, that asked among other things "What would you like to see the Dev's allocating more time to work on" (or something similar to that). Right now what I'd what to see most is another difficulty, something in the 75-100 recommended level range. We've gotten some new maps, and right now we have several maps that are only seen once, such as Temple Grounds, both Thuricvod's, etc. It seems like we have potential candidate maps for a new difficulty as well.

Comments

• ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    Always a possibility!

We have a lot of REALLY cool stuff being worked on.  I can't wait to share more in the future.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • Yea, at this point I'm at about level 67 I think, and only have one tier 7 trap, and still find many maps on rift lord to be easy. I can imagine that for those at higher levels with better traps, rift lord wouldn't be sufficiently challenging. There's always Endless, but it takes a while before those start being challenging, and then it mostly just feels like creature and buff spam. I wouldn't mind having a go at higher challenges myself either, my chest income is pretty low now that I've beaten every map with multiple characters.
  • GorksterGorkster Member, Early Access
    @shadedev such a tease :P
  • StatboyStatboy Member
    I'm at lvl 78 and trying to beat maps with every hero, but I'm putting some restrictions on myself to have more fun. Such as Ballista's only or no barricades on Rift Lord maps.
  • Statboy said:
    I'm at lvl 78 and trying to beat maps with every hero, but I'm putting some restrictions on myself to have more fun. Such as Ballista's only or no barricades on Rift Lord maps.
    I enjoy finding ways to beat maps with no barricades too, when I think it is possible.
  • Careful what you wish for folks, while Siege was apparently 'too hard' it was removed entirely......
  • rayleiraylei Member
    the Wall endless is harder than Rift lord
    So this is how we add small words under our post/comments.
  • StatboyStatboy Member
    @raylei I just tried the Wall on Endless, at lvl 78 with Max I was only doing 14 damage per shot. It had no effect, I made it to round 3. My usual strat of bringing nothing but expensive traps to endless won't work here. I actually need to rely on killboxes early, its nice that this game has challenged me again.