As someone who has spent over $1000 on your game...

SpamwagonSpamwagon Member, Master Founder, Early Access
I HATE the price points in this game.

Essentially, EVERYTHING is too expensive.   I have spent quite a lot of money on your game, but I will not spend another penny until I see some kind of positive change in your price scheme.  It is currently vicious.

I spent 300 bucks today on gold to get rift lord chests -  90% of it was gibs.  When I went to premium shop to spend them - 75% of that was gibs.  Essentially, I have spent a POT of money for NOTHING - just treadmill fuel.

Guess what, I don't like that - and I am guessing, anyone spending a worthwhile amount of money on your game will be angered as well.

I LIKE the game a LOT - I WANT to spend money to support you, but currently it is a truly crappy experience.

Comments

• SpamwagonSpamwagon Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Spending money on your game is currently NOT pleasant.

I recommend fixing that.
  • GustavoMGustavoM Member
    "Goddamnit!I'm a veteran, with all the traps unlocked/upgraded ingame, spent money on rift lord chests and all I got is GIBS?What is this nonsense?"

"And the battle pass is just a... little boost?!Holy guacamole, I was expecting a 500% skull bonus gain per match. PER MATCH!This is such bollocks."

Gee... really makes you think.
  • Considering the chests are all RNG, you're better off buying the skulls and then buying from the deals everyday if you missing very few traps
    I like mostly survival and am looking to five star the rest of the RL maps that I need. I don't want to focus CT until those are done.
  • xombobxombob Member
    I do agree that everything is very expensive but thats how it seems to be in pretty much every "free" game.

However Im not sure what you expected to get out of the chests if youve already maxed out so many traps. Better off buying from daily deals or just playing to get the free chests.
    I didn't expect so much push back on this.   I am pointing out a weakness in the system here.   Paying money into the game becomes less and less attractive as time goes on - meaning it is INHERENTLY a reciprocal function.

I.e.  Value = 1/Aggregate Money Spent

That is VERY VERY bad.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    I understand your point but I'm curious about what would you like to see in the game to spend money on.

I agree that the battle pass doesn't feel that worth it, it falls quite short to be something that you subscribe to every month because of the benefits and extra/special rewards but at the same time it feels a bit too expensive for a small boost which is very accentuated if you are higher level, making it only feel worth if you are going through the game as a new player.

You probably spent more than most of the players, and I wonder if there is even that much premium content. I don't think you need even half of that amount to buy everything available through gold plus one year of battle pass.
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    You would be better off buying Skulls and just getting the traps you really want from the deals store.  Or better yet just play some chaos trials - you get a ton of skulls.  One of my gaming friends who has been playing about 1 month already has a full T7 deck just from Chaos Trials.  Has only spent 5$ on a weekly pass once.

I have spent about 200$ on this game over 2 years - have 80K Skulls and all but 1 trap at T7.  I'm so far ahead now I doubt I will ever have to spend again.  Most of the money I spent went to skins - so really there is no reason to spend other than supporting a game you enjoy.
    TimeMaster and Lemartes - Thank you so much for your pleasant responses. I appreciate it.

Here is the issue.  I have a handful of traps I haven't T7'ed, and a handful of traits/guardians I haven't acquired.  I thought, "Well, I will just spend some money to shore that stuff up - I mean, how bad could it be?  The game is designed so that folks that just get one chest every 15 minutes of playtime or so are supposed to be able to get all the whatnots.  I am just skipping ahead."

NO.

I opened OVER 100 rift lord chests and got NO further ahead, had no upgrades of any kind.

The system in place is BROKEN.  I will not give another penny until it is fixed.   I spent $300 bucks just a day ago and got butkis.  No thanks man.  
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    edited July 31
    @spamwagon  - Ya that really sucks.  The RNG of chests really doesn't make it worth it, and the gibs store is a big pain with more RNG.  If you ever want to group up MSG/Friend me in game and we can run some chaos trials.  My guild has about 8 pretty active players and most evenings you can get a group for chaos trial farming.

@Donnerstag  - Ya most FTP rely on whales - as spending will 100% give you an advantage in the arena/game.  not so much here as the devs didn't want to go pay to win - spending is more for cosmetics it seems.  This does create a problem though - since no pay 2 win = no big spenders = this game needs a large playerbase who will buy the odd skin - which it doesn't have...

The answer really should be to remove the RNG from Gold Bought chests - make sure they only drop cards you need.  I would have no problem buying a few chests when a new trap comes out if they did this - but as it stands now I will never spend on chests just to get 99% gibs and then exchange those for even more gibs (at a steep loss).
  • Spamwagon said:
    I HATE the price points in this game.

Essentially, EVERYTHING is too expensive.   I have spent quite a lot of money on your game, but I will not spend another penny until I see some kind of positive change in your price scheme.  It is currently vicious.

I spent 300 bucks today on gold to get rift lord chests -  90% of it was gibs.  When I went to premium shop to spend them - 75% of that was gibs.  Essentially, I have spent a POT of money for NOTHING - just treadmill fuel.

Guess what, I don't like that - and I am guessing, anyone spending a worthwhile amount of money on your game will be angered as well.

I LIKE the game a LOT - I WANT to spend money to support you, but currently it is a truly crappy experience.
    three hundred united state dollar can buy lots of games in steam client in valve 
    The concept of Gibs, premium shoppe, etc. was discussed prior to release.  

The inherent ERROR is still there.   No service offering should become less valuable the more you spend on it.
  • ProtoZealottProtoZealott Member, Early Access
    Spamwagon said:
    The concept of Gibs, premium shoppe, etc. was discussed prior to release.  

The inherent ERROR is still there.   No service offering should become less valuable the more you spend on it.
    It was, quite extensively, and I personally abhor it and refuse to spend another penny on the game in it's current rng fiasco form. Although if you were around for that, I guess I have to ask.. WHAT, did you think was going to happen when you bought the chests to begin with? It's like putting a bunch of money in a tray, setting it on fire, and then complaining about how BS it is that all that's left is a bunch of ash.  

That's why instead of throwing money at it, you boycott it, you refuse to pay money as it's how you get the point across. Buying the chests with money just keeps the system in place.  
  • PIBMPIBM Member
    I was expecting that GIBS purchased chest would only provide you with content you do not already have. I've just recently started accumulating gibs, and was really looking forward to be able to start purchases with them. It also gives you a reason to upgrade those traps you never use (since you don`t want to accumulate more mats for those!).

That would be such a simple solution...
  • dankeddanked Member
    So for the prospective of a new player on the PS4. I downloaded the OMDU Plus Pack. That's valued at 20$. I swear their trying to do everything to get me not to spend more money on this game. Lol what I mean if that's a 20$ value that's a joke I got next to nothing special out of the bonus gold and skulls I started with. It's a fun game I do enjoy. I think it's probably Worth 20+$ if it's wasn't a ftp game. And I would like to help the developer but all the dlc on the PS4 are not worth the money especially the ultimate pack in my opinion. But hopefully they got some smart people crunching the numbers showing the pricing to be a good value. But as it's stand as much as I like it unless there a great flash sale I will save the money.
  • For me the most rewarding thing to purchase have to be unlimited guardian potions. While they do feel kind of pay to win, you still can buy them with skulls and, especially if you plan to play endless, they can pay for themselves pretty fast if you get just a little bit further with their help. That said, I really dislike buying most of the potions because they get consumed so unlimited potions feel nice. Also, most potions are really annoying if you get them during sabotage instead of an actual spell you'd want to cast. But guardian potions are pretty useful on some maps. Plus, you gain a nice regeneration for that life.

These really encouraged me to spend some money and gold because they felt worth the money I put in, especially compared to regular and skin chests.
  • xciencexcience Member, Early Access

i want to give about 20 bucks because I feel the game is worth it. the only thing at that price point that I think is worth is is the hero pack. but Im well beyond that point now.

I think the vein of this whole thread is that if there is a chest you can buy for currency It should have gib chest quality items in it. People may say "pay to win" but honestly if someone wants to spend 1000$ and upwards on a ftp game I say "thank you" they are only keeping the doors open for us poor players. the real challenge is to never taylor the game specifically to the whales and alienate the rest of us.

I think that all games should have a price point of what the devs value the game at. for instance say robot values each copy of the game at about 40 bucks or whatever then once a player spends that amount they instantly become a patron/vip. these players could get some weekly bonus if they log in for their support.

what im getting at is I want to give you some money but I want some lasting value associated with it.

By all means - don't respond ROBOT.

Continue to ignore the gorilla in the room.

Perhaps it won't hurt as bad later when you pretend that noone warned you about this.

Pretend away, but I am just going to make sure everyone knows - 

THE MORE MONEY YOU SPEND ON THIS GAME, THE LESS VALUABLE YOUR MONEY GETS.