Sabotage Spell Card Guide
Ive played a good amount of sabotage with all skill levles and ranks and in my experience here is how i rank the spell cards. A brief description is included for some traps. While this ranking will give you a general idea of the cards and how they are used, it is far more important to use the cards at the right time. A well timed "crappy" card will always beat a crappy timed "great" card.
In no particular order within each tier:
In no particular order within each tier:
- Dance - Stuns the entire team. It doesnt get any better than this.
- No Xp - Denies the entire team xp for its duration. I think people dont realize how important xp is in sabotage.
- Coin Disable Spell - Denies the entire team coin for its duration. This is never bad and is very impactful at every wave, with a slight dropoff in sudden death.
- Trap Immolation Staff -It blows up cades, it cant be bad. Please remember how cards are used is more important than the actual card itself.
- Trap Disable Staff -It disables all the traps, it cant be bad. Sudden death superstar.
- Stun - Despite being a freebee card, stunning someone is never bad.
- Bomb - It blows up cades, damages others, and mini stuns the carrier. This card alone has won/lost more games than all other cards combined. Highest impact card in the game.
- Polymorph Chicken - all but immobilized the enemy for a significant duration. Targetable, which is another big positive.
- Premature Unchained - you not only remove the enemies "oh crap" button, but make it more difficult for them to get another
- Minion Heal staff - It heals all the minons in its area, it cant be bad. Sudden death superstar.
- Mesmerization Spell - long duration, targetable. one of the best ways to get the enemy ranged heroes.
- Control Immunity Staff - Sudden death superstar.
- Long Cooldown - One of the strongest cards in the game, but it can be removed, it can be negated with unchained.
- Trap Disable Aura - Unlike the staff you cant dictate where it gets placed. Against ranged heroes this this is nearly worthless, but is pretty strong against melee.
- Primary Attack Knockback - can be kinda annoying. Enemies often are not as aggressive attacking when this effect is applied.
- More Aggro - can often surprise enemies. Makes it annoying.
- Drain Unchained - Unlike Premature unchained, this does not make it more difficult to fill the unchained meter. Recall that every time you go unchained its harder to fill the meter.
- Poison - Under normal circumstances this doesnt do much, but if the enemy is stressed, this can exacerbate the issue.
- Minion Health Boost Spell - Its never bad, but its also not that good/impactful.
- Coin Drain Aura - Ever since they changed it, its not bad. Easily avoided, but sometimes it cant be helped.
- Ability Disable Spell - Severely gimps an enemy for a significant duration. Devs, this should be a targetable spell.
- Hero Slow Staff - good when coupled with other cards or in certain situations. Otherwise useless if the enemy has dug in at their killbox.
- Clone - While you can steal any card they have, even a potentially weak card its ranked here because it provides intel on what hte enemy is planning to send your way. That info is very valuable.
- Minion Control Resist Spell - Admittedly I havent used this card a bunch, but based on its stats it seems to be in the middle of the pack.
- Unstable Rift - I would rank this higher, but most sabotage maps allow the minions to be routed to a single focal point so it doesnt matter that it spawns. Most maps the KBs are far enough back that the spawn points are all in front of the killbox, so again no worries if it isnt destroyed. The things that come out are a mild annoyance.
- Minion stealth - Its pretty good, but only on certain maps (basically its only reliable on banquet hall and gates of thuricvod). Because of its limited RELIABLE use, I rank it in silver.
- Primary Attack Heals Spell - would be higher if it actually worked properly. It only applies a small heal, so youre dmg will still go through, just at a reduced rate.
- No Aggro - Similar to More aggro, but No aggro can sometimes be beneficial as it allows the enemy to roam freely without fear.
- Minion Speed Boost Spell - Its just not that good. If you break through the enemy lines after casting, you wouldve broke through with anything. Considering Tar or v.tar is standard increasing the speed isn't very useful.
- Minion Speed Boost Staff - Same as the spell, but its harder to use. Its not very good, weirdly I still like this card tho.
- Minion Dmg boost spell- It doesn't really have downsides, but the upside just isnt that strong.
- Disable camera Spell - Short duration with a warning period. this spell is little more than a minor inconvenience. Devs, increase duration, remove warning time.
- Damage Aura Spell - Pretty easy to re-position and avoid this spell's effect. If paired with other cards ....
- Mana Drain - yea. This can be strong at the lower levels tho.
- Ogre Spludge - Unless you still get fooled by the game peekaboo, you shouldnt have issues with this trap.
- Double trap cost - It would be good, but you can sell what you just spent so unless youre a moron this trap has no penalty. The duration is less than the in-between wave time so why even bother.
- Slow Aura - Pretty annoying when coupled with other stuff or in very tight quarters, otherwise useless.