Release 1.08 for PS4 - October 10
New: Chaos Trials Game Mode
Chaos Trials are a new and exciting way to play Survival. Players will occasionally discover "Chaos Keys" when playing matches in Survival, Sabotage, Endless, and Weekly Challenges (they have a random chance to be acquired after a match). These keys will have an associated challenge level (Apprentice, Warmage, Master, and Rift Lord) as well as random additional modifiers for playing a map within those difficulties.
Each time a team (1-3 players) defeats a chaos trial tier, their chaos key will be upgraded, adding additional modifiers into the mix. However, be careful, each chaos key only has three lives!
Chaos Trials are the most rewarding way to play OMD!U. They offer a chest after every victory including increasing number of skulls based on how far you get. Furthermore, Chaos Trials feature a leaderboard to track your best performance relative to other players.
Chaos Keys can be randomly discovered through playing other modes, by completing certain achievements, through daily login rewards, or via the Premium Shoppe and store.
New Feature: Fast Restart
A highly requested feature has finally arrived! We have added the ability for non-matchmade games to be restarted by the party leader (you cannot restart Chaos Trials or Sabotage games).
New for Sabotage:
- Temple Graveyard is now available in Sabotage mode!
- Frost Giants
- Minions Drop Grenades Buff: Causes player sent minions to have a 50% chance to drop grenades on death.
- Teleportation Staff: Drops a staff that will teleport enemies to a random location if they stay within its area for several seconds.
New: SkinsSkins have been added for the following heroes:
- Control resistance now reduces the magnitude of slows, rather than the duration.
- MANY achievements have had rewards added to them. These rewards are retroactive.
- Serpent Guardian (formerly a promotional item) has been added to War Mage, Master, and Rift Lord chests.
- Trigger parts no longer drop in apprentice and War Mage chests.
- Players may now re-roll each quest once per day, rather than a single quest.
- "Win 2 Sabotage Games" daily quest has been changed to "Kill 450 minions in Sabotage".
- "Win 5 Matchmade Games" daily quest has been changed to "Kill 1200 minions".
- Terminology for abilities has been updated to "primary attack, secondary ability, third ability, fourth ability, and fifth ability."
- Leaving a Sabotage game will now cause you to lose rank.
- Fixed a bug where Kobolds were 20% faster than intended.
- Quests have been added to the daily login reward pop-up on login.
- Quests now have minion icons and ability icons to better indicate completion requirements.
- Damage, coin, and combo fly-offs have been revamped! These fly-offs are much smoother and have a much smaller performance footprint.
- When players leave in non-Sabotage games, a message is now displayed, indicating that the game has re-balanced.
- Added a new "Battle Pass" section to the shop.
- Added a new "Skull" section to the shop (separate from gold).
- Many dashboard elements now have a higher resolution.
- Sabotage enemy mini-maps are now slightly more opaque.
- New loading screens have been added to the first three maps of apprentice and the first map of warmage.
- Explosion sounds have been updated. There's fewer duplicate explosion sounds; sounds are now more unique.
- New sounds have been added for when players teleport through portals.
Balance ChangesMedium Earth Elemental
- Health reduced by 20%.
- Infamy no longer reduces the damage of Deadeye's primary attack against a single target.
- Infamy splash damage lowered by 25%.
Developer Comment: This change was based on community feedback. Players didn't like that there was a trade-off to obtaining infamy stacks. As a result, the buff now simply adds area damage, rather than also reducing primary damage.
- Bouncing Bomb cooldown reduced to 9 seconds (from 12 seconds).
- "More Misdeeds" weaver upgrade no longer provides cooldown reduction for Bouncing Bomb. This was never intended.
- "Hip Shot" buff duration increased to 5 seconds (from 2 seconds).
Developer Comment: This change was based on community feedback. Players didn't like that Deadeye needed to use her dive skill off of every cooldown in order to maximize her damage. As a result, the buff now persists longer than the cooldown of the skill.
- "Outta the Way" roll speed increased by 50%. Distance remains unchanged.
- "Outta the Way" now provides invulnerability for its duration.
Developer Comment: This change was based on community feedback. Many players commented that Deadeye's dive skill didn't really feel like it gained her distance. In addition, many players noted that they were taking massive hits while diving, which is what the skill is intended to avoid. As a result, we have increased the dive speed and made the skill provide invulnerability while active.
- Devious Allure cooldown reduced to 12 seconds (from 15).
- Devious Allure cancel slow duration increased to 3 seconds (from 2).
Developer Comment: We have decided to make Devious Allure a more "attractive" skill to use. Many players are avoiding using the ability entirely right now, especially in group play.
- 1st weaver upgrade now also provides 50% mana cost reduction to Blink.
- Final weaver upgrade cooldown reduced to 15 seconds.
- Blink now teleports you in the direction you are moving.
Developer Comment: Players have asked for the ability to more easily control the direction of Gabby's blink for a long time. Our argument used to be that we liked the skill ceiling associated with teleporting backwards. However, since we made her a starting hero, we decided to revisit the design decision. We hope this will make the ability more useful at all levels of play. Be warned, it can take a bit of getting used to if you are accustomed to the old functionality.
- AMBUSH! cooldown reduction weaver upgrade changed to 50%, rather than 5 seconds. This results in no effect on the power of the skill unless stacked with other cooldown reduction sources.
- In Your Faces cooldown reduced to 12.5 seconds (from 14).
- In Your Faces mana cost lowered to 45 (from 50).
- Absolutely Stunning Bolt cooldown reduced to 11 seconds (from 12).
- Absolutely Stunning Bolt mana cost reduced to 45 (from 50).
- Primary attack damage increased by 10%.
Developer Comment: Maximilian is simply weaker than many of the other heroes in the game. Since he is also a starter hero, we want to prioritize a few all-around buffs.
- Passive updated: Now gains 5% max mana with each battle level.
- Soul stack messaging has been moved to "Haunting Spirits".
- Fixed a bug causing Oziel to gain far too many stacks from "Vexing Surge".
- Fixed a bug where Oziel would not gain the full number of souls from certain weaver upgrades.
- Fixed a bug where certain effects would not trigger if a minion was killed with Haunting Spirits active.
- Oziel max soul stacks increased to 300 (from 75).
Developer Comment: We revamped Oziel in patch 2.3. These changes were oriented around making him more useful in modes other than Endless and Rift Lord levels. However, we also recognize that this has made the hero more generic. As a result, we made several changes based on community feedback: Bringing back scaling mana (but not damage) and increasing his soul cap to 300.
- Fixed an issue where Smolder's mana costs were higher than intended.
- Re-fire delay slowed by 10%.
Developer Comment: While this is likely a change that will have mixed reception, we have been struggling to make other ceiling traps (and other traps in general) compete with the Ballista. As a result, we are making a small nerf to the ballista traps and making many other options SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful. In addition, we have also made other ceiling traps more accessible on high ceilings by increasing their range.
- Vertical range increased by 1.
- Cost reduced to 500 (from 1000).
- Damage reduced by 5%.
- Cooldown lowered to 15 second (from 36).
- Health increased by 40%.
- Range increased by 0.25.
- Cost reduced to 750 (from 1000).
- Damage reduced by 5%.
- Re-trigger delay slowed by 20%.
- Damage increased by 10%.
- Charges increased to 30 (from 25).
- Vertical range increased by 1.
- No longer disables floor traps that do not deal damage.
- Trigger delay increased by 1 second.
- Buff duration increased to 24 seconds (from 15).
- Vertical range increased by 1.
- Damage increased to 400 (from 350).
- Damage lowered by 5%.
- Damage increased by 40%.
- Placement collision reduced to a 2 trap width (from 3). Effect area remains the same.
- Fixed a bug where Arcane Phaser would regain its charges during Go-Breaks.
- Fixed an issue where minions were getting stuck in walls regularly.
- Fixed a bug where Stunning Accumulator was affecting all minions, rather than flipped minions.
- Ring of Last Stand now properly provides 3 seconds of immunity. It was only providing 1.5 seconds before.
- Smolder's passive no longer knocks back mercenaries.
- Fixed a bug that was causing hero death sounds not to play.
- Fixed an issue where achievement rewards were not always shown.
- Fixed an issue where community events could be shown in the wrong language.
- Fixed missing icons for Poison and Homing keywords.
- Fixed an issue where bosses' drain life would continue functioning while stunned.
- Fixed an issue where post-game stats would very rarely fail to report.
- Fixed a bug causing Oziel's achievements for soul collection to not function properly.
- Minions will now be killed if they are knocked against the wall on Throne Room.
- Fixed an issue where firelings would not explode if the player is standing still.
- Fixed mismatching icons for Debilitation Resonator.
- Fixed several situations where the iMage could get stuck when spawning.
- Fixed an issue where ballistas would revert to lower-tier textures when disabled.
- Fixed an issue that caused minions to dramatically backtrack on Crogon Keep.
- Many ability tooltip fixes.
Endless games will cut off at 40 minutes. This short term solution will help mitigate the crashes that some players are experiencing that prevent earning rewards from Endless games. Our team continues to work hard on a resolution to the crashes.