Steam Overlay does not function in OMDU. Works on all other games in library.

SpamwagonSpamwagon Member, Master Founder, Early Access
I currently cannot make any purchases because the Steam Overlay is not functioning in OMDU.   

I verified that it is enabled on Steam, AND under the "Properties" section for OMDU itself.

Additionally, I started up the other 12 games I currently have installed.  The overlay is enabled for all of them - fires right up.   Go back to OMDU - no overlay.

Comments

• KulinaKulina Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Hello Spanwagon,

Please submit a ticket to the support by following the link below and they'll help you out:
    https://orcsmustdie.com/#!/en/support

Cheers!
    French Community Manager
  • SpamwagonSpamwagon Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Ticket created.  Thank you for the timely response.

One addition - the overlay DOES work when you are in an actual match.  When you are fighting mobs, laying traps, etc.  the Steam Overlay functions.

It immediately stops working as soon as you exit a match and go back to the "Hub" UI.  By "Hub", I mean the UI with the shop, workshop, profile, etc.  The area of the game you actually need the overlay to make purchases - it doesn't work.
  • SpamwagonSpamwagon Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Ok folks, got it to work.  It's a bit tedious, but here is the method that worked for me if it happens to you :-1:

If these steps do not solve the problem and the issue persists, we would like to direct you to a solution that worked for one of our players. He reported an identical problem with the Steam Overlay and was able to fix it by installing CCleaner and going through the following steps:

1. Uninstalled OMD!U 
    2. Delete the folder 'Orcs Must Die Unchained' located in Drive:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games
    3. Open CCleaner
    4. Go to the Registry tab
    5. Scan for issues
    6. Fix selected issues
    7. Install OMD!U
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Thank you for the update and possible fix Spamwagon!
    German Community Manager