A way to automatically place a trap at a nearby (valid) trap slot if the player tries to place a...

GustavoMGustavoM Member
edited January 2 in Suggestion Box
...trap in a invalid location. That'd be great for traps like the boom barrel and the trip wire.
Oh, ad a "Highest top score of (current wave) table" at every wave in endless would be great, as well. Something that is displayed at the end of every wave. Like

(Wave ends -- countdown starts for the other wave)

(Highest wave score table is displayed)

First place -- Dude: (something) score.

Second place -- Dudette: (something) score.

Third place -- Ddudue: (something) score.

Comments

• sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Thank you for the suggestions! For the "score tracker", did you have something in mind akin to count downs as seen in some speed runs or e. g. Super Rude Bear or Super Meat Boy?
    German Community Manager
  • sashimiak said:
    Thank you for the suggestions! For the "score tracker", did you have something in mind akin to count downs as seen in some speed runs or e. g. Super Rude Bear or Super Meat Boy?
    You've got me there. I'm not really familiar with both games. Yet, If you allow me to give you more details... something like "You scored (points) in this wave!" is displayed with very big letters. And fades out slowly, followed by a quick fade in and out of... "...and the first place scored (points)" "...the second best scored (points)"... and so on, so forth.

I can even make a quick video showing you exactly what I have in mind, if you allow me to.
    I think I get what you mean, thanks for clarifying! Feel free to make the video if you feel like it, visuals are always a good addition  =)
    German Community Manager
  • GustavoMGustavoM Member
    edited January 5
    Well, it's definitely very intrusive and not as flashy as it would be (pretty sure you guys can come up with a better approach), so... there you go.

Take it as a "so basic it's almost a scratch" visual example of my idea. :bleep_bloop:

Oh, and allow me to add a third suggestion to this, as an extra addition to endless; something that records whoever the first (current) best player was doing around the map and displays it as a "ghost" for players to see while playing. Something for new players to get a some sort of "indirect guidance" -- and to also add an extra "feel" of competition to it.
    Thank you for the video and the additional suggestions! I find this idea really interesting for score hunters. 
    German Community Manager
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    I would very much like it if the score would actually be used for something more than just the leaderboards, some kind of rewards from score would make the idea more viable and worth it. 

Without any incentive or motivation to play for score, I don't really see the point of it.
  • This suggestion is meant to make endless feel more "competitive", per se -- and not to add more rewards to the game. Then again, I'm sure something can be added to this -- like a "score streak!" of sorts that rewards the player with a small sum of skulls if the player (that does not have the 1st best score) manages to make a better score than the 1st best player consecutively in 5 ~ 10 waves or so.

And the incentive/motivation for this will be simply the (extra) competitive feel. And to make endless feel a bit more "arcade-y" -- which is also nice.