How do I delete chaos keys?

myrikhanmyrikhan Member
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Hi:

As the title says, how do I delete chaos keys I'm not interested in playing anymore?

One way is to lose 3 times. That's annoying b/c it takes too long and affects the win / loss numbers.

Comments

• There is no max for number of keys, so just collect them like trading cards.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    We've discussed this quite a bit and its a feature we are looking into.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • BragdrasBragdras Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Deleting a key should totally add it to the droptable for other players to find, kappa
  • abnoyabnoy Member
    Trade / Gift Option?
  • why would you wanna do that? you can spent it with your friends. I have more than 15 keys right now, but still looking for more. I wanna share and enjoy with friends :o
  • NyuuuuNyuuuu Member
    edited July 2017
    when you dont like the modifiers of one key you dont want it in your key selection ,so what can we do about it ?
    a fusion system where 2 or 3  keys can become a new key and a favorite key list 
  • why would you wanna do that? you can spent it with your friends. I have more than 15 keys right now, but still looking for more. I wanna share and enjoy with friends :o
    Because we literally generate new keys faster than we can get rid of them?

3 people doing a full key (or even only reaching T10) generates something like 8-9k gibs. It's insane. Eventually, people are going to have hundreds of keys. I'm at like 8 now, and I've got over 15k gibs to spend if I wanted more.

Not having a "discard" feature HAS to have just been an oversight. There is literally no reason for the option NOT to exist.
  • HypovolemicHypovolemic Member
    edited July 2017
    Nyuuuu said:
    when you dont like the modifiers of one key you dont want it in your key selection ,so what can we do about it ?
    a fusion system where 2 or 3  keys can become a new key and a favorite key list 
    This is a cool idea. Maybe it could work by blacklisting 2-4 modifiers from each key and then randomly choosing modifiers from what remains on the fused keys. The new key would have to restart from level 1, but it could keep the pick/ban list saved and randomly draw with those rules.

The blacklists people pick might also be a good source of data the devs to determine which modifiers aren't working well...
  • People have been leaving feedback for me saying that Keys should have some sort of reroll feature, either on the key itself or as part of something like this.It would allow people to finish keys at a significantly greater cost than just running them.

A Key list would be a good idea if the keys aren't capped and remain so, possibly inserting it as a vertical list on the left side that lists Difficulty and Key tier, then moving some sort of combination menu in the center between the leaderboard and the vertical key list.
    If a blacklist was to be used, you could force the player to use a key that has the modifier which encourages players to store a variety of keys and play keys until they get mods they don't particularly like as a balancing act. They would then fuse the keys and prevent 1 modifier from appearing in favor of others. 

I don't think it would be bad for the game economy or the players but there's likely things i'm overlooking.
    Archivist of the Order, feel free to ask me any questions you have!
  • HypovolemicHypovolemic Member
    edited July 2017
    mdragoon said:
    I don't think it would be bad for the game economy or the players but there's likely things i'm overlooking.
    One potential abuse is getting two keys to level 11, fusing them, and then basically getting another full key for free. But you could just make it so that a fused key starts at the max level of the keys it it was made from, so you'll never be able to get extra chests out of it.
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    I have passed along the ideas regarding a key list and key fusion (with the possible limitation on levels as per Hypovolemic and the option to blacklist certain modifiers, possibly for a price). Awesome ideas, thank you guys!
    German Community Manager
  • BeigeMidnightBeigeMidnight Member
    edited July 2017
    +1. trying to delete 10 rl keys/3 lives with kamikazes on eventide, nogobreaks on banquet, spawn protection on avalanche, 3x barricades on eventide and other hidden shitty modifiers with unkillable minions. boring
  • +1. trying to delete 10 rl keys/3 lives with kamikazes on eventide, nogobreaks on banquet, spawn protection on avalanche, 3x barricades on eventide and other hidden shitty modifiers with unkillable minions. boring
    You're giving up too easily. We literally just cleared Kamikaze on Eventide Fortress. 3x barricades there... yeah, that would suck, but some of these are pretty doable.
  • SpamwagonSpamwagon Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    I would still like to delete keys.  There are are number of "variables" that might roll up after beating one, that I don't want to play.  WON'T play to be honest - so I would like the ability to clean them off of my list.

Not sure why we can't do this yet.
  • SpamwagonSpamwagon Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Nice system, but some modifiers are just tedious and not fun, I WON'T play them.
  • ElvickElvick Member
    edited January 8
    why would you wanna do that? you can spent it with your friends. I have more than 15 keys right now, but still looking for more. I wanna share and enjoy with friends :o
    Because some keys have awful multipliers  from the get go and you'd rather do the other 20+ keys you have than that one? So why keep it? I don't want to start a Rift Lord Chaos Trial with Coin Drain. If it's added later on, fine I'll try. But if it's starting that way, no thank you. Particularly on big maps. Coin Drain in MP is even worse.

I would love to throw some of my keys into acid.