Sound turns to screeches, not sure the cause. (answered)

RiicochetRiicochet Member
edited January 10 in Bugs & Technical Issues
I've not found a common factor for this bug, other than it only happens in OMD!U (though the bug effects my discord, sometimes) and I've owned the headset for over 2y. The could be the headset at fault, but I'd like to ask about the bug first.
It has never happened in any other game, or while listening to any program.
It happens during waves and rarely fixes itself but has happened. 
I've even tried to recreate it but over 8-10 hours of play, it happened maybe 5-8 times; unsure exact, by half way i was learning to ignore it.

If it's easier to just say it's the headset, I'll get a new 1, but if the new does it, then what!?
Post edited by Riicochet on

Comments

• sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Hey there! Thank you for posting, I'm sorry to hear about the issue. What you describe could unfortunately be related to a number of things (sound card, headset as you suspect, software issues, etc.). Is there any way I could get you to submit a ticket with our support and tell them about the trouble in as much detail as possible? (how long does the screechy sound usually persist, how do you normally fix it if it doesn't go away on its own, what hardware do you use?) Anything might help support in figuring out what is going on.
    Apologies for the trouble.
    German Community Manager
  • sashimiak said:
    Hey there! Thank you for posting, I'm sorry to hear about the issue. What you describe could unfortunately be related to a number of things (sound card, headset as you suspect, software issues, etc.). Is there any way I could get you to submit a ticket with our support and tell them about the trouble in as much detail as possible? (how long does the screechy sound usually persist, how do you normally fix it if it doesn't go away on its own, what hardware do you use?) Anything might help support in figuring out what is going on.
    Apologies for the trouble.
    So, while writting your requested ticket, the headset has done the noise while not in game for the first time...
    Guess I need a new headset, many apologies. 
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    No need to apologize! I'm glad you were able to find the cause so quickly though, albeit it's not good news.
    German Community Manager