Suggestion to the level-system

Hey everone!

I have been thinking for some times about this, and I want to hear your thoughts on it! See, for me it feels kinda boring getting to the highest level in the game. Sure it was cool the first month, but then no more than that. So like in other games, you get some kind of "prestige".
So after level 100, you will get a badge/star/skull or whatever you want to call it, that has the symbol of "you have been level 100".

For now, I will just call this "prestige"

Then you start from level 1 again BUT your damage wont reset and wont get higher as you level up once again. To me that could be an awesome idea to keep some 'lategame' players playing OMD!U. Because having nothing to do in the game, will at some point make players quit the game. I know it's a small thing, and it's only a think that's a "showoff" that doesn't do anything at all. But for me, that would keep me motivated to keep playing the game, because of the feeling of leveling up without an end.

So what could be an idea for this "prestige"? Well, since Orcs Must Die has this little classic skull that has been in all 3 Orcs Must Die games, you could give the player that little skull right next to the player-level with the number "1" inside it. And when you get to level 100 once again, you would gain the number "2", and so on and on.

When resetting to level 1 after the "prestige", having the badge tells the game that you are still level 100 in the games eyes, since that's the highest level in the game. What I mean by that, is that you'll always be level 100 even though you reset to level 1. That will keep the balance in Sabotage.

So overall, this is an idea of infinite levels to the game that will make it a little more fun for people who has everything maxed out.
If you have any questions, please ask me and I will try my best to reply as good as I can.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Comments

• sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Thank you for taking the time to post this! We've actually gotten a few similar requests, so I'll pass this along to the Design team so they can add it to the other ideas! :)
    German Community Manager
  • Could be cool to have something like a badge for reach lvl100 and that system from 1 to 10 after it :). Keeping all bonus from leveling but something more to do with larger experience and keep progressing system after level 100.

Another kind of reward can be good too since lvl100 player use to have all traps tier7 and don't need more skulls :).
  • Could be cool to have something like a badge for reach lvl100 and that system from 1 to 10 after it :). Keeping all bonus from leveling but something more to do with larger experience and keep progressing system after level 100.

Another kind of reward can be good too since lvl100 player use to have all traps tier7 and don't need more skulls :).

Personally, I'd love to have a badge like that but, I don't think it would help with the replayability of the game  itself. Like Sou1Reaper said, another reward would be more beneficial. 
    I think the bigger problem is that skulls and trap parts (or gibs) become completely obsolete at one point. And I know that skulls can be traded in for consumables which is good in theory. But, I have no reason to use/buy the consumables because I have no reason to play the game. What I mean by that is, consumables are hugely impactful throughout the game, because they make it easier, but the problem is that the difficulty is irrelevant; there is nothing to gain from winning a match. To my knowledge, I believe that the staff at OMD are working on the Premium Shop which is music to my ears :D
    I know that this topic is a tangent, so I'll just summarise it by saying that a prestige system would only be effective if it was implemented in conjunction with something else. By itself, it wouldn't have a big enough impact on the community to attract players back.

P.S: I really like playing OMD and although it still has a long way to go, I'm looking forward to what the future offers. Thank you for all the hard-work and continued improvements to the game :) 
  • ToyPrinceToyPrince Member
    edited January 23
    [Please delete]