[Suggestion] Let the user define as many loadouts as he wants

Currently you are only allowed to define 14 loadouts.

As there are 30 maps, that's a bit scarce. Considering different loadouts depending on the hero you choose and different ones for sabotage, I need more space for loadouts. A simple scrollbar would be enough.

I promise, I won't create (30maps * 19 heroes * 2 game modes = ) 1140 loadouts.

Comments

• sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Do you guys usually use vastly different loadouts? I'm curious about this since I mostly have three or four basic loadouts (for maps with useful spots for physics traps, one for ice heroes, etc.) and I just switch out one or two traps as needed. 
    German Community Manager
  • sashimiak said:
    since I mostly have three or four basic loadouts (for maps with useful spots for physics traps, one for ice heroes, etc.) and I just switch out one or two traps as needed. 

I'm in complete agreement, I have the set loadouts and change a few traps according to the maps. Personally, I feel having too many loadouts is confusing because they look quite similar. I assume other users would like a loadout for each hero? 
  • NarkhNarkh Member
    From my point of view the number of loadouts is fine. I am keeping a loadout for every hero, with some covering multiple heroes, as many things overlap. Think I'm using around 10 overall. For most maps I change 0-3 traps, as I want to keep cades, tars, scorchers and a wall trap (wall blades for me).

Then obviously you have to swap more for for certain CTs, but it still takes less time to modify the loadout yourself, than it would take to browse through more presets, be it dozens of precise presets or 20-30 presets that still require modification after picking.
  • Well if I always have to change my loadouts, I get confused and sometimes change the wrong one which breaks the whole system and after a whole day playing I only have 7 messy loadouts left (I know you can make changes temporarly!). That was the point I decided to change my loadout strategy.

The loadouts for one map can differ vastly (I have aracane setup, physical setup and fire setup - comes handy for chaos trials!).
    I mean, it's nice if you need less, but it wouldn't hurt you if there was the possibility to have more.
    In terms of programming, the change should be very minor.

It would be very comfortable to just choose a loadout with 2 clicks and don't need to care about anything.

@Narkh Why do you think it would take much time to pick something out of a list of 90 items? Every country selector has like 190 items and is much more inconvenient as the countries are usually not prefixed with something like continent.
  • NarkhNarkh Member
    @Stonecrusher Keeping your example of 90 loadouts - how do you imagine to name them precisely? I imagine it will be MapName-ChampName initials for the survival maps and I can see that working. Preparing those loadouts and changing them after a patch would drive me insane ^^.

But how do you adapt those loadouts to include changes for various CT modfiers? It wouldn't really be enough to get 90, would it?

I'd say the game needs more urgent work in other areas.
  • For me, loadouts are mostly about saving the traits I want for each hero.  I'm almost always changing my traps every game depending upon mode (sabotage vs. pve), map and/or chaos modifiers.

What I would *really* find useful would be to have different "part loadouts" for sabotage vs. pve.  For example, I would prefer to have my T7 boom barrel rollers use the self improving coils when I play Endless mode and use braided coils when playing sabotage.  It's too much of a PITA to keep changing parts on a trap every time I want to play a different game mode.  Having a "parts loadout" would allow us to develop better killbox strategies for specific maps too I think.
  • I play a lot of survival and endless. CT will always need manual editing.

Name scheme would be [MAPNAME(7)]_[DamagetypeOrStrategy(1)]_[Arbitrary(12)].
    P for physical, F for fire, A for arcane, G for gold and so on.
    I won't categorically go through all the permutations but save them as needed the most.
    I'd also love a feature to save a new loadout in choosing screen before the game instead of just in the profile edit screen.
    I have a set of standard traits and if they change, I'd put it in the arbitrary space (maybe with charname).

I hate searching through all my stuff just to realize during game what I forgot to bring and what was futile.

I seem to like starting sentences with "I" today.
    I am not a native speaker.
    I am sorry.

I don't think removing the limit for loadouts will be much work. In my experience if you program something like this it's already done with recursive functions. Only thing is to add a scrollbar in the GUI and a ridiculously high limit like 1000 to stop people provoking crashes.
  • Don't think "infinite loadouts" is necessary, but sure could use like 6 more slots, so don't need to wasting time to swapping traits between melee/range, magic/physical heroes, and maybe can make some fun loadouts like "super - overload", "super - quarter pounder"

Berninhell : If "parts loadout" is online, then people won't need to grind for multiple copies of parts anymore...
  • KenBear said:
    Berninhell : If "parts loadout" is online, then people won't need to grind for multiple copies of parts anymore...
    It would be fine with me if you had to slot parts for each loadout, so in my example, my two different "parts loadouts" would effectively require me to assign all four coils to the boom barrel roller.