Guardian Potion Consumable

NarkhNarkh Member
edited December 2017 in Bugs & Technical Issues
With the new guardian system it was advertised that the new Guardian Potion would give not one, but two free guardians to the loadout. However this doesn't seem to be the case. Instead, the player is able to bring two Guardian Potions at the same time, while the Endless Guardian Potion gives only one dose. Even as a player who bought the endless guardian potion using the login reward money I find that disturbing. I can only imagine that the ones, who spent $ to buy it are pretty disappointed.

At the same time I'd like to note that the consumable's primary effect has become pretty much useless, as it is usually saving the player ~250g or say 2k gold on the latter waves, which is very, VERY underwhelming.

It would be great to get a replacement for that nigh useless effect or/and get some more of the endless consumable cards collectible in the game.

Edit: The normal guardian potion lists "Survival Limit:1", while the endless one lists "Survival Limit: 2". Confusing. Didn't try with normal Guardian potions, but it seems fishy.

Comments

• TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    It's most likely an oversight, a bug.

Both potions are inteded to have the same effect.
  • 2 extra guardians was actually a good thing for endless, where you may have to change guardians frequently.

And it was an advantage for those who spent real bucks to get the unlimited potion (1500c it's the most expensive item indeed) over the ones who just spend some disposable skulls over the consumable.

Sad to see it was a textual bug.
  • Hey, so I've had an infinite Guardian Potion as part of my loadout for a while. With the recent change to how Guardians work the patch notes stated the following: The purchased guardian potion consumable with unlimited uses now provides TWO free guardians (up from 1).

However this has not been my experience. Whenever I use it, it only provides a single free guardian for me to place, in addition to the very first guardian that is placed, which is free for any player. Whether I wait until the first guardian is placed to use it, or use it at the very start, the third guardians price is inevitably 250 coins.

Is anyone else having this issue? Are there people that can confirm that their infinite Guardian Potions do give them 2 extra free Guardians? Or is this functionality as intended and the patch notes as well as the in game text is just wrong?

I have also tried using the potion multiple times, even dying in between, which has not worked.
    I'm on PC.
    Any clarity given to this would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • NarkhNarkh Member
    edited December 2017
    This seems to be meant for the bug forum section. I have reported the issue there a little over a week ago.

Post edited by Kulina on
  • KulinaKulina Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Hello guys,

I merged your 2 threads ;)

The team is working on this issue, but we don't have any new information to share yet. I'll make sure to give you an update as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience it might cause and keep on slaying!
    French Community Manager
  • Kulina said:
    Hello guys,

I merged your 2 threads ;)

The team is working on this issue, but we don't have any new information to share yet. I'll make sure to give you an update as soon as possible.
    Thank you. And sorry, I didn't dig deep enough into the Bugs & Technical Issues board to see that there was already a thread about it.

Good to know that it's a known issue that's possibly being fixed in the future anyhow.
  • Any new information on this issue?

I think if unlimited guardian potion give 2 extra guardian (if fixed), then it's a very good buy, otherwise it's waste of gold.

So at least let us know if it's intended or bug/oversight?
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Hey there! The description of the Infinite Guardian Potion will be updated with the next update to better explain what it does and how it is supposed to work. Apologies for the wait and the confusion!
    German Community Manager