Sabotage horrible matchmaking

So why does it feel that whenever I play sabotage I am placed with people that seem to have never played the game before and don't know what to do. I always get placed with someone who places stupid flip traps everywhere and just spikes! Like they don't know how to even make a killbox or know how to read the voice messages (Place a barricade here etc.)! I could spam "I need help here!" when on the other side of the map because a new gate has just opened and they will just be at the gate that isn't open anymore placing traps! There needs to be a system that ranks your INDIVIDUAL skill, cause most of the time people just get carried while doing their first Sabotage matches to get ranked. You could also make it so you need to have a certain amount of champions to play in Sabotage, as the default 3 champions (Blackpaw, Gabriella and Max) don't really do much apart from Max's trap discount.

Please can we have a proper matchmaking system so we get placed with people that are around our own skill level, player level, and have a certain amount of champions so they can actually really make an impact on the game.

Comments

• there is no solution for this, siege would have been alive if they could solve this two years ago...
  • Leshii79Leshii79 Member
    edited January 16
    В рейтинге могут происходить очень резкие движения и на это очень болезненно реагируют игроки. Например - вы можете выиграть 10-20 игр у игроков, которые стоят ниже вас рангом и система поднимет вам рейтинг всего на 1 позицию. Но потом вы проиграете 1 раз игрокам у которых ниже рейтинг (за счет сватовства или по другим причинам) и система резко опустит вас на 2 позиции. Итог: вы играли 1 неделя, за это время выиграли 20 игр, проиграли 1 игру и в рейтинге за 1 неделю вы опустились на 1 позицию. Мы то все равно, мы играем ради игры, а не ради рейтинга. Но остально это рейтинг очень важен и они сильно бояться проиграть. Поэтому предлагаю изменить систему рейтинга, что бы не было резких скачков в нем за 1 игру. Тогда возможно игроки не будут бояться, что за один проигрыш система опустит их сильно вниз и они будут получать удовольствие от игры, даже если они будут играть в команде с неопытными союзниками. Ведь это очень сильные эмоции - играть один против троих, хотя формально у тебя вроде есть тоже союзники и визуально вас тоже трое. Своих союзников можно видеть на карте, они где то бегают на карте и иногда кого то даже убивают. В такой ситуации игрок испытывает очень сильные эмоции и на самом деле мы играем что бы испытывать эмоции, а не ради рейтинга. Естественно, что положительные эмоции нам больше нравятся и выигрывать приятней чем проигрывать. Проигрыш против сильной команды заставляет нас думать, изменять тактику и свою игру и это тоже очень приятный и веселый процесс - разработка новых тактик. Поэтому мы не боимся проигрывать и наоборот ищем сильных противников что бы самим становиться сильнее. А европейские игроки очень бояться проиграть, очень часто выходят из матчей и т.д. Считаем что это из за рейтинга. Раз Рейтинг так важен для европейских игроков и им важнее подняться на 1 ступеньку в нем чем получить хорошую и интересную игру - то нужно сделать, чтобы проиграть свою позицию в нем так резко. 
  • RaNdOmKiLs666RaNdOmKiLs666 Member
    edited January 16
    If Sabotage gave better rewards, it'd most likely be played alot more. Maybe every win in sabotage should net you a riftlord crate or a large gib drop. Also sabotage should be locked until players reach account level 10, so you don't get noobs who literally just installed the game joining you and having no idea how the game works.
  • Согласен - для популярности саботажа конечно нужно ввести награды. Самый сложный режим, а наград нет. 
  • GustavoMGustavoM Member
    edited January 16
    I was gonna write a wall of text regarding matchmaking and how it can't be "fixed" -- but instead, I'll resume everything into one phrase:

You can't make a game able to "fix" people.
  • MerkMerk Member
    If Sabotage gave better rewards, it'd most likely be played alot more. Maybe every win in sabotage should net you a riftlord crate or a large gib drop. Also sabotage should be locked until players reach account level 10, so you don't get noobs who literally just installed the game joining you and having no idea how the game works.
    at account level 10 your still considered a noob, if anything it sabotage should be locked till account level 20-25-30ish or even 40 because by then you would know how to make a kill box ect and getting to 40 isn't really that time consuming.
  • RaNdOmKiLs666RaNdOmKiLs666 Member
    edited January 17
    Merk said:
    at account level 10 your still considered a noob, if anything it sabotage should be locked till account level 20-25-30ish or even 40 because by then you would know how to make a kill box ect and getting to 40 isn't really that time consuming.
    At least level 10s wouldn't be completely clueless compared to people who just installed it. Plus you don't want to alienate players from a game mode to much. I think R6 Siege requires your account to be 20, before being able to play ranked matches. So 20ish for sabotage would be the most fair i think.
  • Sabotage needs rewards, a Rift Lord chest every ~3 wins or so would be appropriate and would draw more people to the mode.
    The ranking system needs a season system where the ranks reset every so often, and rank decays for inactive players. 
    PvP modes provide variety and longevity to games like this, provide incentive to play them.
  • LorickLorick Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    Before that, sabotage would have to actually be fun to make rewards worthwhile.
  • Fortunately we all can speak russian and can read cyrillic, so all of as can understand what the russian sais.
    Realy, why we cant stay at english? This is orc what they are doing...

But back to topic:

Yeah your right. The rewards for Sabotage are to low. Due the longe quetime (hopfully they unlock the regions for shorter quetime) you get less games. So you cant get that much Skulls an XP. And then the Sabotagecards. Realy i have so bad luck and you get normaly so much crap. I just get orc and i have all of the endless orc cards from shop and achievments, so i cant get them anymore. But Cards still stay orc ( i dont want to speak from picking in game, because this is even worse).

I have suggested a Season-Model quit a long time ago. It would solve so much problems. You get rewards for your effort in the Season. After a season the ranks get reseted, so everybody has the same chances at the beginning, quicker matches and so on.
  • P1XEL14 said:
    Fortunately we all can speak russian and can read cyrillic, so all of as can understand what the russian sais.
    Realy, why we cant stay at english? This is orc what they are doing...

Печально, что вы не знаете русский язык и не умеете пользоваться переводчиком.  Но зато все русские с рождения знают английский язык, ведь именно поэтому на форуме так много комментариев от русских.