Brass Rework Suggestion Thread

RaNdOmKiLs666RaNdOmKiLs666 Member
edited December 2017 in Suggestion Box
I already posted the below in the Brass Feedback discussion, but since this is regarding a rework/improvement, rather then just their thoughts on Brass's current state i thought it seemed appropriate to have an ideas thread on how she could be rework or improved. Feel free to post your own rework suggestions. 

I have a few (alot of) suggestions on how to improve/fix Brass.

The first turret weaver should increase HP and attack speed by 30%, because there's no incentive right now to pick anything other then the cost reduction for the land mines. 

The second turret weaver should give a 50% damage resistance against melee attackers, in addition to the AoE damage.

The third turret weaver seems fine, no changes needed.

The fourth turret weaver should give a 50% damage resistance against ranged attackers to the turret in addition to the mana/Health regen. 

Lastly the base turrets range and lock-on speed should be increased by 100%, additionally the turret should focus archers over all other enemies.

All the scrap weavers except the +50 scrap capacity should just be replaced with other upgrades.

I have thought up replacements for the scrap weavers (except the tier 2, because that's useful).

Tier 1: Bombardier: Increases Cannonball blast radius by 25%

Tier 3: Improved gun powder: increases Blunderbuss and Cannonball damage by 15%

Tier 4: Armor Piercing Rounds: The blunderbuss can now penetrate through targets and hit up to 3 enemies behind them for half the normal damage. Additionally APR completely ignores physical armor, dealing full damage.

Lastly brass bombs should have a 1s detonation delay when tripped by enemies. This is to maximize damage potential against hordes of enemies.

Anyway this is how i'd rework/improve Brass. Thoughts?
Post edited by RaNdOmKiLs666 on

Comments

• I have thought up replacements for the scrap weavers (except the tier 2, because that's useful).

I'd change the tier 3 upgrade, having a magnet around brass to recover the scrap doesn't look that useful, how about a small health shied boost when she picks a scrap? or even health recovery (like 20 hp) it would only work on scraps picked up, not generated.
    and tier 4 upgrade, since a scrap each second doesn't look all that great, having at least 2 scraps per second might be better.

the upgrades you gave to the turret might be a bit too broken, making the turret way too tanky.

But then i still haven't played Brass, i'll share a better opinion once i unlocked her.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    I find the Tier 3 Upgrade Scrapuum (the one that autopicks scrap) to be almost a must. Most useful upgrade she has so far (leaving aside the OP combo of upgrades for the cannonball)

I have been playing Brass mostly since the patch, and I use her as a midrange hero, pretty offensively, Not having to get much closer than the range of the placement of the Brass Bombs (mines) make that upgrade very very good. It has a range of about 2 blocks, which is quite a lot.
  • NarkhNarkh Member
    edited December 2017

I find the Tier 3 Upgrade Scrapuum (the one that autopicks scrap) to be almost a must. Most useful upgrade she has so far (leaving aside the OP combo of upgrades for the cannonball)
    Yeah, I definitely agree, it shouldn't be hard to see why, as she is otherwise a bit squishy and without that upgrade it takes a lot of time to get to every piece of scrap out there. It also happens to be a build path suggested by Robot in the initial Brass reveal post:

Offensive Build: Brass Bomb Cache > Stunning Cannonball > Scrapuum > Cannonball Coming!

I assume you are taking Brass Bomb Cache t1, since it reduces the cost of Bombs by 10, while the 2nd weaver gives you +5/pickup, so it is generally more effective considering you are mostly(if not only) spending scrap on Brass Bombs.
    Exactly, I use that build. I outdamage most heroes easily with it.
  • Maybe the scrapuum could be merged with the scrap capacity weaver. The tier 1 and 4 scrap weavers are mostly useless compared to the alternatives in those tiers, which is why i'd completely remove 3 of the 4 scrap weavers.
  • BrasegapokBrasegapok Member
    edited December 2017
    For some reason, i feel like Brass should use mana as well as scraps, mana will be used for the cannonball shot and gears, because right now i never find any use of my gears since the scrap is used for the mines and repairing/upgrading the turret and the gears usually are used at the start of a game to help the player, but since having to recover scrap before being able to use the gears makes the use of gears less efficient.
    Making a mana cost for the cannonball shot should prevent that massive ability spam when brass gets unchained because right now she can stop a whole wave with her cannonball shot while unchained, which looks pretty silly in my opinion. 
    Also because there are already too many heroes that do not need mana to work with, the mana drain modifiers kinda loose their interest in the game.
    You can also use the gear that has 0 cost though.
  • A lot of these seem to be over correcting to me.  She's not that bad as she is.  There are definitely some things that need work, but I believe the only thing I can think of that needs significant change as oppose to just tweaking is the ability to move the turret.
  • @Teck
    probably the reason of why there’s not a way to move a turret is because of the many informations it has: for the example, stinkeye’s totems are just replaced by new ones, but Brass’s turret has HP and Tiers to keep as it’s being moved, and i’m not sure if just changing the position of the turret would allow it to work out in the end. 

And even more appealing is that if you could move it, you get the advantage of being able to repair it/upgrade it from a safe distance to the ennemies, and you would also have the possibility to freely change the turret position in the way it gives you a better advantage everytime, but now you have to choose wisely it’s position or else you get punished by being forced to dispell your fully upgraded turret.

the way i see it possible to move it around would be by having no cooldown when you have to create it and a really long cooldown (depending on the tier of the turret) and a casting time when you have to move it, this way, you will need to be extra cautious to where you place the turret. Dispelling the turret removes the cooldown and removes the cast time, this way you still get punished by having to place it and upgrade it once again like before.
  • @Teck
    probably the reason of why there’s not a way to move a turret is because of the many informations it has: for the example, stinkeye’s totems are just replaced by new ones, but Brass’s turret has HP and Tiers to keep as it’s being moved, and i’m not sure if just changing the position of the turret would allow it to work out in the end. 

And even more appealing is that if you could move it, you get the advantage of being able to repair it/upgrade it from a safe distance to the ennemies, and you would also have the possibility to freely change the turret position in the way it gives you a better advantage everytime, but now you have to choose wisely it’s position or else you get punished by being forced to dispell your fully upgraded turret.

the way i see it possible to move it around would be by having no cooldown when you have to create it and a really long cooldown (depending on the tier of the turret) and a casting time when you have to move it, this way, you will need to be extra cautious to where you place the turret. Dispelling the turret removes the cooldown and removes the cast time, this way you still get punished by having to place it and upgrade it once again like before.
    I gathered that, but I wouldn't care if it reset to zero just to have the ability to move it.  I don't think that's a lot to ask for.  Actually, I would EXPECT that considering it could be OP in certain situations if you could swap it freely and keep all the upgrades as well.
  • i'd like a different upgrade than the 1 scrap generated each second, i'd like to see brass reloading a little bit faster her shotgun upgrade in order to do more DPS and to be less exposed before being able to attack again, would it be too powerfull?
  • Honestly, I'd like to see her able to build more turrets. For example: she can build a maximum of three turrets, the first one being free. This way she can set them up in different lanes, upgrade the one that will take the most damage, but still be free to move the others around the map. When playing as a team, having more will also make the healing upgrade more useful as each hero can hold a lane and fall back to the turret when in trouble. Then Brass can run over to assist them/heal the turret as needed. I'd also like to see a range increase, just so they can hit the archers. As for the bombs, I feel like they're too powerful and simple. I mean, her primary and secondary attacks are already extremely powerful, so adding in an ability that just deals extreme damage, killing everything hit, is redundant. If the bomb's damage could be decreased, but have an effect such as a slow, stun, bleed,burn, etc... couldn't you utilize them more for combos? My ideal case would be an upgrade tier where you can choose what effect it'll apply. As an engineer, Brass should be flexible and be able to "design" her weapons as she goes along to better fit the needs of the map, right? 
  • @Absolrei ;
    if i remember well, they had first designed brass to be able to manage up to 3 (correct me if i am wrong) turrets, but they changed it to one instead because it wasn’t really effective, useful or something like that. 

Are you basically asking to bring the older version of brass in the game? I honestly don’t think that managing that many turrets is a good idea, maybe 2 instead and make it so that they cannot be close to each others from at least 3 blocks just so they cannot kill whole waves by themselves? 

• @Brasegapok
    I actually didn't know that was the original intent for the character. I see what you mean, however. It certainly would be pretty hard to maintain all three turrets, though I think that I still would've enjoyed it. That being said, I do like the idea of having 2. That way it's easier to manage, Brass still gets more combos, the healing weaver will be useful in supporting teammates, and she doesn't have to rely on her bombs as much. As for separating them, I think it would work either way, though perhaps a damage reduction if the same enemy is being hit by both of them? That being said, I'd still love to see her bombs reworked to add a debuff to minions rather than pure massive damage. After reading the initial design plans though, I'm glad they didn't go with a chain reaction as that would waste so much scrap...
  • Did anyone picked Tier 4 weaver where cannonball recharge is reduced and then spam it during unchained? It is OP
    Never been so digital