Buff The Concussive Pounder?

RaNdOmKiLs666RaNdOmKiLs666 Member
edited February 16 in Suggestion Box
I've been playing around with this trap lately, but the combinations i've tried using with this trap are less effective then i thought they'd be. I tried using tar + wall blades + concussive pounder and honestly the tar on its own has almost the same efficiency as with the concussive pounder being paired with it, which brings me to my point.

The concussive pounder kind of sucks and i think it's due to the stun time of 1.25s being far to short, i suggest doubling this to 2.5s and letting the trap deal minor damage like the push traps do, but also increase the cost of the CP from 350 to 400, which cost wise would still make it it cheap enough to be spammed in kill boxes in combination with other more expensive traps.

So what do think? Should the CP be buffed or not? 

Buff The Concussive Pounder? 10 votes

Yes the concussive pounder should receive buffs
20%
tyraelplRaNdOmKiLs666 2 votes
No, the concussive pounder should stay how it is
80%
TimeMasterinsidehouseyobbobearDaTeddyBearcyberfailzorZeroStasToyPrinceDontPan1c 8 votes
Meh/don't care
0%

Comments

• No, the concussive pounder should stay how it is
    Concussive Pounder is definitely one of the better ceiling traps:
    -super low cost.
    -fast recharge (5s! at t7).
    -parts it can slot.
    -combo generator being fulfilled by its own stun effectively providing a +2 combo in your killbox.
    -the stun provides a huge damage boost to other traps.
    -affects both light and heavy minions, which is invaluable.

It is a great trap and it's destined to be used more now that Cursed Ground's been fixed, since it wildly boosts its damage.
    I see myself slotting it very often in my killbox.
    Going above that 1.25s stun WILL stunlock light minions with the proper killbox.

I've been playing around with this trap lately, but the combinations i've tried using with this trap are less effective then i thought they'd be. I tried using tar + wall blades + concussive pounder and honestly the tar on its own has almost the same efficiency as with the concussive pounder being paired with it, which brings me to my point.
    It's no wonder it makes no difference... wall blades are a burst trap, they activate once anyway, how about you use a continuous trap like Grinder or Cursed Ground, or ANY kind of burning (it affects already burning minions too, boosting a tick) and maybe combine it with physics, you'll see the difference.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    No, the concussive pounder should stay how it is

It's no wonder it makes no difference... wall blades are a burst trap, they activate once anyway, how about you use a continuous trap like Grinder or Cursed Ground, or ANY kind of burning (it affects already burning minions too, boosting a tick) and maybe combine it with physics, you'll see the difference.
    Or use the Pounders before the burst traps, so it stacks them up and it will hit more of them.
  • Yes the concussive pounder should receive buffs
    Ok i tried using the pounders with v.tar, cursed grounds and grinders. It seems to work more effectively now. Thx.