Farewell From ShadeDev

ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
Hey guys,

As you may know, many people were affected by layoffs at Robot Entertainment, including myself.

I just wanted to take a moment and say "thank you" to all of you.  Robot Entertainment and Orcs Must Die will forever be a part of my memory.  The conversations I have had with many of you truly show the level of passion you have had for our work.

While I do not know exactly what will be my next road travelled, you can follow me on Twitter at @ShadeGameDev.

You guys are awesome.

-Doug (ShadeDev)
Doug Houserman
Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer

Comments

• Thanks, every since I first chatted with you on the gameforge forums 2 years ago you have been helpful to this fan base.
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • Best of luck to you.
  • Cheers! Best of luck, man. Pleasure chatting with you for the last couple years. :)
  • I feel sorry for you man, getting the boot just like that and at no fault of you own. I wish you luck on finding a new job.
  • verizonwirelessverizonwireless Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    Damn, you too? You were the most community oriented dev and always gave great insight into the game's development. I sincerely hope you find something better.
    Makes me think, if you're gone, and even nana got laid off, who's left?

• YuannYuann Member
    All the best!
  • 7531284875312848 Member
  • AxonyAxony Member
    Damn, you too? You were the most community oriented dev and always gave great insight into the game's development. I sincerely hope you find something better.

I think there are maybe 2 people left that keep the server running and that's it
  • deanparkrdeanparkr Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    edited April 2
    Axony said:

I think there are maybe 2 people left that keep the server running and that's it
    There are a number of people at the studio, there is another game in development. You can find the staff list on the Robot Entertainment website. 
  • apinapin Member, War Mage Founder
    If it's not April 1st joke so thank you and good luck
    First and only CZ&SK funsite of OMD series http://orcs-must-die.cz

• GorksterGorkster Member, Early Access
    Best of luck! Always appreciated the detailed engagement throughout the beta and beyond!
  • LorelleLorelle Member
    Bah.  The press release said the layoffs happened because they cancelled their new game. There was nothing about devs working on their old games being laid off in it.  Although I suppose we all knew what the truth was.

Farewell ShadeDev.  I guess that means there's probably only like, 0 developers producing new content for OMDU now.