New Daily Quests

Comments

• I ditto all that's been said.  The worst of these quests, however, are the fact that they're completely anti-team for those of us that often play with a set of friends/family.  Before the patch, we would often get together and work on our daily challenge together.  That's impossible now, as our challenges are not likely to be aligned in a way that more than one of us can make any progress toward the daily in a single map. 
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    As Harmonia mentioned, we agree.  We are investigating fixes.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • jbeeneyjbeeney Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    Is there any way to implement some type of quest tracker so you can see your progress in game? 
  • CruelerCrueler Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    I think you guys really need to look at the quest system for how important it is for how boring it is.

This system is seriously the most important end game option. Once you have competed every map with every hero you own, the most important thing you can do is get your one chest a day and 500 skulls.

You are not being rewarded for having fun with the game playing what you want to play. You just log in to get your daily log in reward and try to finish the quest as quick as you can and then log out.

Reminds me of like Candy Crush or something. Oh no! You are out of playing time today you cannot gain anything! Would you like to purchase a chest with real money to actually make progress? Please check out our store for traps you can buy! Today we have Spike Trap, Tar Trap and Big Game Hunter Spike wall!

I know I probably come off sounding rude, but I do care about the game. It was fun when I was new to it for a while. The game has major flaws that the developers aren't really showing they actually care about.

-Rare Traps aren't used much because they are too rare.

-Can't enjoy the game the way you want because of game timer. So what if I want to spread my traps around the whole map and pick off enemies just before the Rift? If I don't leak I shouldn't be losing a star, specially since some heroes just suck more than others.

-Who besides like the 5 people who try for top leaderboard positions actually care about them? Stop putting so much time into them specially when the score system is hardly understandable to begin with. It actually made me upset that every time I click on a map I have to see the leaderboard before I can look at the mini map.

-No Content to play. Why not give me a 1 in 10 chance to get a certain part completing a certain map with 5 stars? I still have not got a stunning accumulator. Me being unable to RNG this part is not making you money, it's making me quit this game because I'm nearly out of options to find it. If I had stuff I wanted to work for, I'd be willing to spend money on hero skins (or Trap Skins) if you actually offered them for sale.

Can go on for days. You guys really should have been able to put out more within the last 2 patches. Such a shame. Perhaps my idea's aren't the best, but it's pretty clear yours are worse, so find a way to fix it on your end please.
  • SourSour Member
    edited February 25
    Haven't read other post in here so if this is a repeat sorry. Not a big fan of the new quest. If we were going to have to kill one type of mob we should really be able to share credit for the kills from other players and traps. Also if we could get map info on if they spawn the mob we need and how often. I normally do 1 or 2 maps a day just to complete quest and I've had the kill 15 archers for like 3 days now because I'm only getting credit for 2 to 4 of them per map and most of them don't spawn in the early waves. 

I think kill quest with different types of traps would be more fun then kill specific mobs but don't make it like kill 50 mobs with fire traps. It should be something like kill 50 mobs that have been set ablaze by fire traps or kill mobs with freezing traps or while freeze by those traps. Stuff like that. Get 50 physic kills. Good dailies in games should have some type of synergy and shouldn't take more then 1 to 3 games to complete and doesn't discourage group play.

I guess one more side idea would be if your quest could scan your collection before it gives you the quest and sometimes gives you ones that say hey use this trap in a game or something with this trap. I think with the new trap system it is easier to play around with different stuff and as long as it isn't like kill a large number or mobs you will not feel bad bring a random rank 1 trap with you into a map for a daily. Just make sure it never gives people quest for traps they don't own unless it let them use it for that day while they still have quest.
  • Honestly the new quests kind of make me feel like I am grinding in WOW all over again, that was part of the reason I left that game for awhile.  I like the idea of map suggestions but the traps not counting is a deal killer for me, I just don't care to play the quests anymore; there is no point trying to get something you can only achieve by chance, IF your traps don't kill steal from yourself.  I haven't even bothered with group play as someone could ninja the kill from me....way to bring back all the things I hate about WOW to a game I have and would spend more money on. 
  • orzoorzo Member
    New quests are awful and further pigeonhole you into playing very specific maps. Having them broken on top of that makes this patch challenging to enjoy. 

But at least we have Temper back?
  • PogePoge Member, Early Access
    Could you consider to disable new dailies until you fix problems? Hate to say but you will lose a few players each day because of those badly designed quests, and they won't back even if you find best way to fix them.
  • OmenemOOmenemO Member, Early Access
    veav said:
    So, a minor followup on my own post.  I've stopped playing because of the quests.

It's weird, right?  The game's not any less fun than it was before.

It's not weird, and it is less fun than before.  A week ago there was a pretty good chance I'd be able to get a daily chest in less than half an hour.  Today my quests look like this:

http://imgur.com/a/MnYS0

I'm not at the point of quitting, but after 3 completions of the master Frostbite I'm no closer to completing any of my daily quests. 

What makes OMDU fun is the synergy between traps, heroes and multipalyer.  Now I'm actively discouraged from completing that quest with traps and other players.

I've ragequit for the night and will see what I get from my reset tomorrow. Needless to say though that my playtime has decreased drastically as a result of the new daily missions.
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    edited February 27
    Poge said:
    Could you consider to disable new dailies until you fix problems? Hate to say but you will lose a few players each day because of those badly designed quests, and they won't back even if you find best way to fix them.
    I don't think the system is something we can just turn off, but the team is looking into some changes as we said earlier in the thread. I'll see what we can do, though.
    Post edited by Harmonia on
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • iAndyiAndy Member
    edited February 27
    I think these type of quests are fine for things like weekly or monthly quests but a lot of people want to do dailies in 30 mins to an hour tops.  And I liked being able to queue up for random maps for the dailies to get some random multiplayer fun in. I've had some of the new quests take over 3 hours with how few some of them spawn and missing the kill shot. I think if you add monthly or weekly quests, they should be this type of quest but with higher kill counts and have any type of kill count (even from other players).  Requiring them to be a kill-shot by your character actually makes multiplayer less inviting. 

I find the boss ones pretty easy but the ones like 10 shield trolls (it may have been less, but it felt like a lot), or kobold sappers- I put traps out specifically for those. It doesn't bother me too much but I can see others being annoyed by it.
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    You should give everyone a free chest everyday until this mess is fixed.
  • OmenemOOmenemO Member, Early Access
    Is it possible to increase the amount of resets we get each day as a bandaid fix until the next patch?
  • LemartesLemartes Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    So just tried to do my daily 500 skull quest.

Kill lysander 3 times, didnt get credit for the 3rd kill.  Not sure how as I was unchained and made sure no traps were around him.

But thats it for me.  Will be quitting until the quests get fixed, and even then I won't spend on the game unless you hand out a nice amount of skulls for this mess.

This new quest system was designed to slow progress and you know it.  Instead you are losing players everyday and pretty much put the final nail in the coffin.
  • This is by far the best combination of daily quests that I got since the patch. Being able to complete all three in just two matches (shark island) means more time to actually do the other maps that you feel like playing or do some farming with your remaining hero chests.

I think completing all three dailies should be limited to two or three matches the most. Going beyond that number would certainly take out the fun players get from the game.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    Lemartes said:
    So just tried to do my daily 500 skull quest.

Kill lysander 3 times, didnt get credit for the 3rd kill.  Not sure how as I was unchained and made sure no traps were around him.

But thats it for me.  Will be quitting until the quests get fixed, and even then I won't spend on the game unless you hand out a nice amount of skulls for this mess.

This new quest system was designed to slow progress and you know it.  Instead you are losing players everyday and pretty much put the final nail in the coffin.
    It was not designed to slow progress.  It was designed to encourage players to farm varied content, rather than 1 or 2 levels over and over. 

We will fix it.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • Warcracfter4Warcracfter4 Member, Early Access
    edited March 2
    @ShadeDev if you wanted more varied player experience why not(the names are example names):

Globe Strider Hero:Win X different levels(It will have the names and difficulties of each one completed so far completed for it shown in the level select so you know which ones you have already done for it(these reset once the quest is done))

Champion of the Unchained/Order:Win X Order/Unchained enemy levels(Simply put forces people to play against one of the factions)

Butcher of the Order/Unchained: Kill X Unchained/Order enemies

Unpicky Defender:Win X games in the random group finder.

There's a lot of ways you could have done it without forcing people to grind 1 specific level(which from what you said is the opposite of what you wanted)

Edit: for Champion of the unchained/order and Butcher of the order/unchained is for the completing the opposite factions kills/levels(why would you be the champion of the order by KILLING the order it would make no sense.
  • KlaumbazKlaumbaz Member
    I want to chime in that the new daily quests are a problem.

First, there is absolutely no indication whatsoever of what levels to do to pick off the exact mobs required. It is not reasonable to expect me to keep a dictionary in my head of which levels have mountain trolls or fire fiend warlocks (and, in fact, this information is not particularly tracked by players, so looking it up on Google yields nothing either). This is just sloppy and frustrating.

Second, getting dailies that require levels that I have not even attempted is obnoxious. 

The previous dailies were better (with the exception of "win 7|15 matches"). These are an unwelcome downgrade.
    Ditto. New quests had good idea, but are really bad upon implementation.