Patch 2.1 - Premium Shoppe!

Release 2.1 – Premium Shoppe

Available May 16, 2017

New Feature: Premium Shoppe

We have a new feature for our most dedicated of players: the Premium Shoppe! This shop is available to players once they have received duplicate trap cards after reaching Tier 7. When this occurs, these duplicates will be converted to Gibs. Gibs can be spent in the Premium Shoppe on chests that have better odds for rare cards, exclusive vanity items, and more!

New Feature: Account Vanity

Players can now customize their in-game avatar and new background art to personalize the dashboard appearance. This can be done by clicking the account background in the top right corner of the dashboard and selecting from the available options. Additional avatars and backgrounds are available in the Premium Shoppe.

New Mercenary: Gnoll Breeder

This mercenary breeds teacup gnolls and trains them to attack heroes. Kill him quickly or he will keep releasing his teacup gnolls!

New Sabotage Map: Falling Folly

Falling Folly is now available in Sabotage.

New Sabotage Consumables

• Ability Disable Spell: disables a random enemy hero's abilities.
  • Drain Unchained Spell: drain the enemy teams' Unchained meters over time.
  • Crogon Hatchlings: summons a large army of small crogon hatchlings that spit health-draining and slowing poison at heroes that can stack up to 8x. 

New: Additional Base Deck Consumables

Players can now expand the base deck of consumables by completing achievements or purchasing them in the store. Additional base deck consumables are not stronger than other consumables, but they do have unlimited charges like other base deck consumables. They have updated card art, and minions and bosses also have updated in-game skins. We've made a special effort to make both the cards and skins look as cool as possible
  • Scroll of the Unchained – Obtained by using Scroll of the Unchained 200x.
  • Summon Tubifore – Obtained by using Summon Tubifore 100x.
  • Summon Swiftyhooves - Obtained by using Summon Swiftyhooves 150x.
  • The Bomb Spell – Obtained by using The Bomb Spell 50x.
  • Unstable Rift Spell - Obtained by using Unstable Rift Spell 75x.
  • Kobold Pups - Obtained by using Kobold Pups 25x.
  • Mercenary for Hire Spell - Obtained by using the Mercenary for Hire Spell 125x.
  • Bulgod – Purchased in the Store.
  • Mountain Trolls – Purchased in the Store.
  • Ogre Spudge Spell – Purchased in the Store.

General:

• In solo games, players have twice as much time during go-breaks.
  • Minions now have 10% less health in solo play and 5% less health in duo play.
  • Restricted Section (war mage), Crogon Keep (war mage), Stables of Eventide (war mage and master), and Falling Folly (master) have been made easier.
  • Throne Room (apprentice and war mage) has been made slightly more challenging.
  • Par times have been made significantly easier in apprentice and war mage difficulties.
  • Most apprentice maps have been made more challenging for 3 players.
  • Cliffside Clash (master) has been made easier for solo and duo players.
  • Mercenaries' difficulty now scales with map level.
  • Mercenary health and damage lowered by 30%.
  • Players can now cancel their daily Sabotage quest for a quest that requires Survival games instead.  This alternative quest will reward 75 experience.

Art and Sound:

• Heroes will now play defeat animations upon losing in Sabotage.
  • When heroes use their dance animation, they will now dance until stopped, rather than only playing their animation once.
  • The orcs have learned many new vocal reactions.

Sabotage:

• Sabotage game rewards have been increased. Players will receive more XP and skulls per match.
  • Sabotage will no longer re-balance when players leave. Unfortunately, this is a better alternative than having players intentionally leave matches to gain a competitive advantage.
  • "Summon Kobolds" now summons 12 kobolds (down from 16).
  • Early waves have been made easier on Restricted Section and Banquet Hall in Sabotage.
  • Later waves have been made more difficult on Throne Room, Orcri-La, and Baths in Sabotage.
  • Sabotage matchmaking will now pick easier maps than before.
  • The ranking system has been updated for Sabotage.  Players will need to replay their placement matches.  However, their previous progress will not be lost.  In general, this will result in a higher rank than before.

Endless Mode:

• Difficulty now scales with player count.
  • Now spawns Mercs in the repeating (later) waves.
Developer Comment: Previously, we intentionally encouraged group play by making Endless not scale with player count. However, the majority of players play Endless solo anyway, so we have decided to re-evaluate this decision. Sabotage has opened up additional avenues for group play making non-scaling not as important.

User Interface:

• Video playback now loads much more quickly in the launcher.
  • Unit keywords have been added to the card backs of all Sabotage minion consumables.
  • The leaderboard score calculation is now broken down on the post-game screen.
  • Some Weavers have been streamlined to be shorter and easier to read. No balance changes have been made.
  • The tactical map in Sabotage now shows the area of staves your team has placed.

Hero Design:

Bionka:

• Damage reduced significantly.
  • Make Dem Stop weaver upgrade now slows by 40%, rather than stunning.

Bloodspike:

• Increased Brutal Axe's damage by 16%.
  • Increased Maiming Blow's damage by 10%.
  • Increased Health by 8%.
Developer Comment: We are considering larger-scale changes for the future, but in the mean time, we want to make sure that Bloodspike is dealing enough damage and is hardy enough in battle.

Dobbin:

• Rich Vein Weaver upgrade to coin bags lowered to 1.5x coin (from 2x).
Developer Comment: This weaver upgrade is mandatory and by far the best option as it stands.

Cygnus:

• Damage increased by 12%.
  • Rift Shard cooldown decreased to 30 seconds (from 35).
Developer Comment: Cygnus has fallen behind in damage, win rate, and play numbers. We think a buff is warranted here.

Hogarth:

• Reduced the mana cost of all of his abilities by 15%.

Midnight:

• Prowl now costs 15 mana to activate.
  • Prowl mana cost per second reduced to 10 (from 13).
  • Prolonged Prowl Weaver upgrade now removes the activation cost, rather than reducing the sustained mana cost.
Developer Comment: We didn't wish to change how powerful Midnight is, but we did want playing Midnight to require a little more thought as far as when to use Prowl.

Oziel:

• Damage increased by 10%.

Ivy:

• Modified "Natural Knack" weaver to provide 25% cooldown reduction, rather than 4 seconds of cooldown reduction. This results in a small nerf to up-time during normal play and a large nerf to up-time when stacking cooldown reduction.

Tundra:

• Modified "Freezer Burn" weaver to provide 3% cooldown reduction per projectile hit, rather than 2 seconds.

Minions:

• Dynamite Archers:
    • Increased the collision area of the dynamite, making them easier to detonate by shooting them. This does not affect their radius for hitting heroes.

Traps:

• Boulder Chute and Icicle Impaler:
    • Damage no longer scales with distance.
    • Now deals significantly more base damage.
      Developer Comment: The requirement to manually fire the trap is what makes this trap unique. However, this trap also needs to be placed on high ceilings to be effective. This makes them too conditional to use. We are okay if these traps remain fairly niche for those that enjoy a power boost from manually firing the traps, but we felt there should be more incentive to use them.
  • Ice Vent:
    • Number of charges increased by 25%.
      Developer Comment: This trap should be a core part of ice killboxes, but its performance is currently underwhelming, hence the change.
  • Cursed Ground:
    • Now ticks 12% faster
      Developer Comment: Ever since we increased minion speed, this trap has fallen behind in usage. This should help this trap gain an extra hit on enemies.

Guardians & Big Game Hunting Traps:

• Now have a damage cap for rare, high-damage situations.

Additional Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a bug where Hunters could attack players from further away than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where minions could be knocked through the wall using triggered maces on Throne Room.
  • Kinetic Reclaimer and Heat Activated Trigger's internal cooldowns behave properly.
  • The trigger volume for Overload Trap has been corrected.
  • Temple Alarm Gong is now properly resisted by Earth Elementals.
  • Fixed several issues with melee attacks missing or feeling unresponsive.
  • Many achievement bugs have been resolved.
  • Fixed a bug where dancing was not dispelled by Freedom Trinket.
  • Fixed many minions' vocal reactions.
  • Fixed an issue where too many minions would spawn in Sabotage sudden death.
  • Mercs will no longer die when spawning.
  • Mercs now have anti-stuck behavior when they spawn. 
  • Fixed an issue that prevented receiving Stinkeye's Tears of Oasis on barricades.
  • Several descriptions have been updated for consistency and clarity, without any functional changes.
  • Guardians now display their unique skills rather than their at home benefits.
  • Added a pop-up dialogue when players fail to connect to the post game stats screen.

Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
Post edited by Harmonia on

Comments

• edited May 16
    Important Note:

Following the update, sabotage ranks will not display until players complete 5 Sabotage matches. Don't be alarmed! After completing the 5 placement matches, you'll be redistributed according to your previous rank and performance in the placement matches.

For players that were previously using the French and German language version of OMDU, please follow the steps in this article to reset your preferred language.
    Post edited by Harmonia on
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • Before everyone asks:

But what is the conversion rate for gibs?? 

:D
  • Nice jobs guys & girls,

that look very nice, looking foward to the premium shop and all the change
    • It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
  • [...] Heat Activated Trigger's internal cooldowns behave properly.
    But heat activated trigger doesn't even have an internal cooldown listed in-game.  Does this mean an internal cooldown is being added to it? 

• When will the damn weaver upgrade for Zoey that changes her magic school not flicker the screen each time she gets a kill, it's seriously obnoxious and this issue has been reported multiple times for several months, get it together already, either remove the effect and put a sound instead or just remove any sort of effect altogether.
  • The stream was unclear do the gib chests drop uncommons?  If so, please change that.  They also showed getting things that they already capped out and losing about 80% of their gibs.  That is ridiculous.  You said that this would be a fix for the RNG BS that was currently in the game but it seems like more RNG BS.  Please just put controls in to limit cards for traps and parts that we have already maxed.  I am happy that you put in more to buy with gibs.  Please make it so I dont have to waste all of the gibs that I ever receive trying to get a tier 1 quarter pounder.

I hate playing bloodspike and only do it to get chests.  I don't think that low damage is his problem.  His damage arc feels that it is very narrow which goes with his chopping motion.  I don't want all of the melee heroes to be cookie cutter copies but this gives him a real disadvantage to his peers.  My suggestion is giving him a three stage primary attack animation that goes: right hand vertical chop, left hand vertical chop and finishing with both hand horizontal slice in a wide arc and adjust damage to be appropriate.

Thanks for adding falling folly.  Please add academy sewers, confluence, crogon keep, and some of the eventide maps.  Also please remove gates of thuricvod.  That map is too rng dependent on who gets the most or best heavy minions that spawn on the sides.  I am tired of both winning and losing matches based on the random roll of the dice rather than player skill and cooperation.
  • uhm I think they mentioned gibs chests will only contain rares and epics... not a 100% sure tho... Also, yeah it sucks it's RNG but it's a form of "re-rolling" for a loss... it's better than nothing, honestly...
  • So, when are we going to see an actual rework for Bionka (or, at least, some bigger, more substantiated changes)? 'Cause if you just continually nerf her damage, then she's no longer actually going to be playable (or, at least, any fun to play), especially at the higher difficulties. As it stands, I've already lost interest in playing her for any reason outside of solo farming chests with her, and even then, she's one of the only heroes that I'm even capable of not getting a perfect rift score every single match, depending on the map. (Not that I care most of the time since I only need a single star to get her chests, but I'm just pointing it out.)

• "Falling Folly is now available in Sabotage."
    "Sabotage matchmaking will now pick easier maps than before"

So you added in fairly difficult map w/ limited kill box options, and then program it to have a low chance of actually picking that map?  The map selection already seemed highly biased on not selecting the harder maps.  

As for Cygnus I'm not sure that buff will help much since his role seems rather confused with itself.  He is a sniper w/ chain lightning, mid-ranged dps w/ his primary attack, mid/close range trap support w/ pylons, and melee range healing/mana supplier.  To top if off, he is slow moving w/ low health making him easy prey for archer and hunter type units whenever he stops to cast a Rift shard
  • This all looks awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on the Premium Shoppe and play some Falling Folley!
    The new Knoll Breeder and new consumables look rather fun to use and I like how we can get permanent consumable cards from using the them more often, it gives incentive to keep using good cards even if you are ahead because there is a goal to work towards now. I want to see what their unique card and in-game skin looks like! Especially for the bosses.

Absolutely glad to see all of the user interface changes. Could we get some clarity on this one though "Unit keywords have been added to the card backs of all Sabotage minion consumables." Is this what I posted about when I mentioned adding more clarity in my post on the minion cards?

Overall pleased with all the hero changes, although I still think Oziel could use a full rework.

Glad to see a boulder chute and icicle impaler change!
    Great bug fixes all around, although, I don't see anything about earth elementals earthlings spawning back up on walking paths after being thrown into lava/pits/acid. I thought this was going to be fixed this patch, because even if minions can't get pushed through the throne room wall, the earthlings will still spawn in the rift room if a larger earth elemental is hit with the giant swinging mace.

Overall, really great patch! Excited to try everything out when it's released!
  • Asbyn said:
    So, when are we going to see an actual rework for Bionka (or, at least, some bigger, more substantiated changes)? 'Cause if you just continually nerf her damage, then she's no longer actually going to be playable (or, at least, any fun to play), especially at the higher difficulties. As it stands, I've already lost interest in playing her for any reason outside of solo farming chests with her, and even then, she's one of the only heroes that I'm even capable of not getting a perfect rift score every single match, depending on the map. (Not that I care most of the time since I only need a single star to get her chests, but I'm just pointing it out.)

The nerf, I'm fairly sure, stems from Bionka having such a high win rate in Sabotage. Since all the Sabotage maps can be boiled down to a single lane which Bionka can camp while her teammates do support work. I actually think falling folly which forces a 2 lane strat will do more to nerf Bionka
  • Before everyone asks:

But what is the conversion rate for gibs?? 

:D
    maybe in a blog post, coming soon?
  • edited May 12
    For the new endless supply of spells/minions. Will we still get them being dropped after we get the unlimited supply?

So happy to see our feedback being put to good use     :)
    Post edited by EffingWorms on
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • I still don't get how Hogarth is in the state he is in. He is so difficult to solo rift lord with due to his abysmal damage.
  • Omg finaly.That was so awful every sabotage game pick ivy, tundra, bionca if not you lost.I realy hope this will increase diversity of heroes.
  • Statboy said:The nerf, I'm fairly sure, stems from Bionka having such a high win rate in Sabotage. Since all the Sabotage maps can be boiled down to a single lane which Bionka can camp while her teammates do support work. I actually think falling folly which forces a 2 lane strat will do more to nerf Bionka
    Falling Folly will be a 1 lane strat.  You can put barricades up to force the lower spawn to follow the ledge and the two lanes will meet at the back wall across from the rift.  From there Ivy (who will be standing at rift w/ endless mana) will proceed to spam knockback forever at the single file units thus repeating the same nonsense we have on the other maps.
  • Great changes, I hope the gib update alleviates my missing cards and parts!
  • chuckbert said:
    Statboy said:The nerf, I'm fairly sure, stems from Bionka having such a high win rate in Sabotage. Since all the Sabotage maps can be boiled down to a single lane which Bionka can camp while her teammates do support work. I actually think falling folly which forces a 2 lane strat will do more to nerf Bionka
    Falling Folly will be a 1 lane strat.  You can put barricades up to force the lower spawn to follow the ledge and the two lanes will meet at the back wall across from the rift.  From there Ivy (who will be standing at rift w/ endless mana) will proceed to spam knockback forever at the single file units thus repeating the same nonsense we have on the other maps.
    Yeah should be interesting to see how camping the rift affects strats. I know ice amulet spam has worked pretty well in survival. 
  • edited May 12
    Now that there sabotage is a mode that people take more seriously than what I think it was intended there are some nerfs in heroes and abilities that are necessary. The sad part about those nerfs is that every hero is unique in something that makes him excel with certain abilities and power, the nerfs simply make this less and less unique, making the heroes excel less. the best example is Bionka what really makes her unique is how she excel in doing damage and with every nerf it seems she will excel less and less on that therefore being less unique.
    Post edited by SenatorBird on
  • edited May 12
    Now that there sabotage is a mode that people take more seriously than what I think it was intended there are some nerfs in heroes and abilities that are necessary. The sad part about those nerfs is that every hero is unique in something that makes him excel with certain abilities and power, the nerfs simply make this less and less unique, make the heroes excel less the best example is Bionka what really makes her unique is how she excel in doing damage and with every nerf it seems she will excel less and less on that therefore being less unique.
    That is probably the biggest letdown in his upcoming patch to me.  No change to the sabotage daily nor any change to card rewards for winner/loser.  We are clearly trying to hard at this mode to win which is causing problems for hero balancing, yet I feel obligated to continue to use whatever means necessary to win.  If I were alone it would be one thing, but in a party w/ 1 to 2 other pug players I'd feel like i'm screwing them out of their daily wins if I were playing for fun.