Release 2.6 for PC and PS4 - Patch Notes

Comments

• vrmlbasicvrmlbasic Member
    edited December 3
      However, due to its size, it is rarely able to be used.
    Why not adjust the maps so that large traps are more usable?

BTW, why is it that the CoinForge in particular is so difficult or outright impossible to use on many maps?   As it shares its wealth with the team, it's the "bro" version of the Power Generator, but the PG is usable everywhere while the CoinForge isn't, and that makes it hard to be a bro.
    We hope that this change will allow players to begin substituting in other gear, when using these traps.
    A "straight" buff to a game element to make it more attractive to players?   I like this plan.

• yobbobear said:
    @Harmonia from patch notes "Sorceress's Kinetic Pulse achievement would not reliably track progress." You mean Gabriella not "The Sorceress"
    She will always be "The Sorceress" in their hearts.
  • Lorelle said:
    yobbobear said:
    @Harmonia from patch notes "Sorceress's Kinetic Pulse achievement would not reliably track progress." You mean Gabriella not "The Sorceress"
    She will always be "The Sorceress" in their hearts.
    She will always be "The Sorceress" in the code.  ;)
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • MashpotatersMashpotaters Member, Early Access
    Harmonia said:

Maximillian:

• Can now place Decoys for free, instead of receiving a 25% bonus to their health.
      Developer Comment: Similar to the Deadeye trap affiliation, we wanted to give Max a little more incentive to use this under-valued trap.

I don't get it. You're trying to give Max a little more incentive to use his decoy by removing the best incentive there was to use the decoy with him. It's a limited use trap. You can only place 10. That's it. Their value is tied to how long you can make 10 decoys last in a match because it's the only trap that becomes a complete waste of a loadout slot once you go through them. Making them free for him at the cost of the bonus health does not help. I mean, they only cost 255 for him. If bonus health wasn't enough incentive to bring them as Max I don't know why you'd bring them after that change. Less health and free so you can run out of them faster.

I guess you can at least put down all 10 at the start of the match for the lulz. That's incentive right there.
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    WithaZ said:
    • Dobbin has a dye added to the Winter chest.

I play on PS4. I have not come across this "Winter chest" at all.

I did see this show on television and they said "Winter is coming". Did they in fact mean to say "The winter chest is coming to OMD!U on PS4"? 

Thanks.
    The Winter Chest is a special seasonal chest similar to the Endless Summer chest. 
    German Community Manager
  • Harmonia said:

Maximillian:

• Can now place Decoys for free, instead of receiving a 25% bonus to their health.
      Developer Comment: Similar to the Deadeye trap affiliation, we wanted to give Max a little more incentive to use this under-valued trap.

I don't get it. You're trying to give Max a little more incentive to use his decoy by removing the best incentive there was to use the decoy with him. It's a limited use trap. You can only place 10. That's it. Their value is tied to how long you can make 10 decoys last in a match because it's the only trap that becomes a complete waste of a loadout slot once you go through them. Making them free for him at the cost of the bonus health does not help. I mean, they only cost 255 for him. If bonus health wasn't enough incentive to bring them as Max I don't know why you'd bring them after that change. Less health and free so you can run out of them faster.

I guess you can at least put down all 10 at the start of the match for the lulz. That's incentive right there.
    +1 to this.

All the more reason to ignore this trap. Removing the trap count limit is the only way to make the decoy justifiable for that one trap slot.
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    Harmonia said:

Maximillian:

+1 to this.

All the more reason to ignore this trap. Removing the trap count limit is the only way to make the decoy justifiable for that one trap slot.
    Harmonia said:

Maximillian:

+1 to this.

Honestly, I think free decoys are overpowered, but decide for yourself.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • ShadeDev said:
    Out of curiosity, do many players use Naptha when playing characters besides Smoulder?

...oh, any plans to bring back the Smoulder-specific trap placement dialogue?  
  • How many people pick decoys with Maximilian?

Because I never have, now it is going to be stupid not to bring them along in shorter matches.
    Newer players will use decoys a lot more because you get it early on and Max is one of your only Heroes. It is going to be key to their loadouts.
  • jajejijojujajejijoju Member
    edited December 4
    ShadeDev said:
    Harmonia said:

Maximillian:

+1 to this.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great trap to stagger waves or kite minions. I used it a lot back in OMD2. But the decoy trap has been made next to useless, regardless if it's free or not, in OMDU especially in endless or in higher levels of chaos trials where a single minion is enough to detonate it.

It really doesn't matter if the aoe damage from detonating the decoy is twice that of a boom barrel. It's the trap count limit that makes it an easy pass for a lot, if not all save newbies, of players. If the trap would be changed from the "10 only per match" limit to "can only place 10 or even 5 at a time," then it would definitely be worth the 1 slot that we have in our already very limited loadout.

EDIT: How do you collapse the previous quoted replies?

• EDIT: How do you collapse the previous quoted replies?
    Just delete them. Click on it and delete what you want.
  • KjubyKjuby Member
    When will it come out?
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    Kjuby said:
    When will it come out?
    Tuesday for PS4.  Wednesday for PC.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • Very cool to see a new character materialize like this, I betta get to grinding skulls! Other than that, some interesting changes across the board.

I'm going to miss jumping around with Bloodspike as he attacks. Not so much with the others, but with him it somehow reminded me of playing the old school Castlevania games. Felt fitting too, just a little bit of EXTRA CRAZY to the character.
  • I like that you start thinking about those triggers. It is good start, but definitelly far from finish. Original idea was to make extra combos, as far as you can see, not many player like it.
    Triggers should prioritize and do extra dmg to selected minions and not to only shoot to those selected and do nothing to others. For example heavy trigger should prioritize large minions and do extra dmg to them and if there is no large minion in range, trap should do regular dmg to other minions. You just cant lose all dmg trap do if no large minion is in range.

I like your buff to low use traps like those with manual triger.

Decoy is powerfull as Shade said, i saw how many times decoy saved first and second wave in CT 10 and more. Decoys are valid strategy but not only one, you are free to play without them.

Big game zapper - dmg increase doesnt help if there is no good place for him.... If it could be placed on wall also, it would be something else.

I use powergenerator a lot, so if you are nerfing them, it would be nice to introduce some substitution. Generators are still main source of coins for wave 6+ where coins are very limited. Maby hard Moneybags or coin kobolts in maps?

• Is the secret 40 minute time cap that auto ends your game still in place? You know, the one that makes endless mode completely useless and broken? Fixing an unbeatable game should be the first priority. 
  • Is the secret 40 minute time cap that auto ends your game still in place? You know, the one that makes endless mode completely useless and broken? Fixing an unbeatable game should be the first priority. 
    They are still working on it. They mentioned it on the live stream.
  • Really hate the power generator coin reduction. Being my last big hurdle to complete this game, this will be a huge reduction in grinding out 200 million. Any plans to cut “Empty Pockets” to a more reasonable level?
  • Have to agree with DanTheManGum.  Been playing this game in PS4 since July and I'm at 97% trophy completion.  Only needing Empty Pockets for the platinum.  Since July I've only gotten  to 25% on my empty pockets tracker.  The Power Generator Nerf really hurts.  Makes me not want to play anymore
  • So, the most time consuming thing about this game; ie the 200 million coin gets nerfed by making the power generators almost as useless as the firecracker trap. How about this, the reason everyone ruins online portion of the game, by placing power generators everywhere, is because of this trophy:  empty pockets. If you want the true fans of the game to continue playing it, then make a weekly challenge that starts you out with a few million coins to get rid of this trophy.