Release 2.6 for PC and PS4 - Patch Notes

Comments

• Jackbenz1990Jackbenz1990 Member
    edited December 7

All that said, is anyone else on PS4 getting server disconnects in endless that kill the game?  I can't seem to get through more than 5-6 waves and then all the enemies glitch out and I get a disconnect/retry error.  Is this already a known thing?  
    Yea, they fixed it so that we can’t even farm banquet hall anymore on endless for the coins.  They are ruining the game for the casual gamer, all for the 300 or so that play sabotage.  They “fix” the power generators but can’t fix endless that ends at 40 minutes?  This is all a power play to keep their numbers up on player population.  
    The problem with the blue screening has been there since the beginning, probably OMGH and Bernie pointed out this first, don't recall. 
    The 40 minutes stop wasn't established to stop players from farming coins but to ensure that after 30-35 waves you would not lose the highscore and the skulls coming from actually completing the match.

Get informed guys. XD

Anyway i NEVER use powergens and ALWAYS have money to waste so i really don't understand what you complaining about.
    Apparently you aren’t informed. The blue screen isn’t even the problem right now. The servers aren’t allowing to go past a certain amount of time after the update. Mostly you get to wave 5 to 7 and then it boots you out without any reward. Thanks for jumping in on the discussion with old facts tho. Appreciate it.
    @Onewolverine1 ; Happy you appreciated.
  • BragdrasBragdras Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    The current number of slots IS what causes the lack of diversity, not the other way around, and then the design of traps.

Why would anyone ever bring a decoy over a spike trap in any situation at all? It's an extreme example considering decoys are literal garbage since they're both utility AND have a laughable limit of 10 per map, but the choice is obvious, even if spike traps were half as effective, hell, a quarter as effective as they currently are, they'd still be a clear winner over it, same would go if we still had the old anti-projectile floor trap that existed back in Siege, even if that thing was in the game, had infinite health, no down time and would cost nothing, it wouldn't be worth bringing due to how limited slot availability is.

Barricades should at least be their own slot that don't even count to begin with, since maps are basically designed with them in mind, that'd at least be one slot that frees things up a tiny bit.
  • Maybe a nice trade off would be to have increased trap slots and slightly buffed minion health to compensate when playing solo.  It's hard to experiment with people (especially randoms when you don't want to blow the match just to play with strategies) but solo it does feel a bit limited.  Or maybe make an option when solo to emulate 2 players (allow two rows of slots) or 3 players (3 rows) with minion strength changed according to current rules.   Even pve bots that you can swap between and loadout would be rad, you'd just need the ai for them to fight.
  • @MildObstruction Appreciate the detailed response and just FYI that lazy comment wasn’t directed at you. It was towards some of the people I’ve been in matchmaking with who place power generators and go AFK
  • edited December 8
    @Onewolverine1 You missed the entire point of convo.

Endless isn’t the most effective for gold and neither are power generators.

I earn more gold per minute in a few specific maps which I’m not going to mention to you, just out of sure kindness of not helping you wolverine. 

I can make about 1 million gold every 32 minutes without the use of power generators, no bounty generators and no El Dobbin. 

I was going to eventually open up and share my info, until I saw you’re response.

Now you will just have to find out on your own.

Have fun beating this score Wolverine. maybe you could use those op power generators. They sure will allow you to hit those x15 combos solo

Rift Lord
    Survival Mode
    1 player  
    Crogon Keep
    Score - 59,666,848
    Post edited by xOrcsMustGetHigh on
  • Bragdras said:
    The current number of slots IS what causes the lack of diversity, not the other way around, and then the design of traps.

Barricades should at least be their own slot that don't even count to begin with, since maps are basically designed with them in mind, that'd at least be one slot that frees things up a tiny bit.
    I thought the same exact thing about Barricades actually. 

I would agree with the rest of your post. This line from ShadeDev makes me wonder though:

"We actually believe this has the opposite of the perceived effect."

Not sure if the wording is intentional or not, but the word "believe" makes it sound like no one on the team has actually tested the idea.

In terms of trap design:

For me, it's not just Barricades, but certain traps get a guaranteed slot, and this is primarily due to game/trap design. The fact is, you need to bring in a fire trap for the majority of the game, as it is one of the very few things that catch runners, which ultimately leaves me with 5 traps to work with.

The second part of it is that traps don't always combine well, which leaves me to rely on the same traps frequently. Tar (or Viscous, depending on things), gets a guaranteed slot in my loadout because it simply works with everything else. 

At Rift Lord, Ceiling Balista gets a guaranteed slot because it's the most attractive of all ceiling traps. This is due to one thing and one thing only - it's range. Ceiling traps have a tendency to be ridiculously expensive, and personally I don't find the majority of them to be appealing because of their range. You could always say "hey you don't have to bring a ceiling trap" which is true, but not very intelligent in utilization because you're not trapping ceilings, which will hurt your damage output.

Third, a lot of the traps simply need to be re-evaluated. The Flip Trap is a great example, as I never found it to be appealing while leveling up with its atrocious 15 second base recharge time. You get a runner to hit that trap? Have fun waiting 15 seconds for it to recharge, since by that time the majority of the wave is gone. It does have its uses on specific maps, but I mostly ignore it. 

In terms of game design:

The RNG factor which you implemented to acquire traps obviously affects their usage. What do you think is going to be anyone's go-to traps for the majority of the game? The things you acquire in Apprentice. Since you can go a significantly long time without even seeing one of the rarer traps (I got my first Coin Forge at Account Level 97), this clearly does not facilitate a lot of experimentation.

Second, consider the act of experimentation in the first place - editing your loadout; trying to spend time figuring out the proper position, only to see that it fails; potentially losing the match and not getting much reward for it; all the while having to sit and watch the loading screen times, the failed messages, and the various menus that come before and after the match.

That second part is far more important, because if you don't think people don't care about that, my guess is that you're going to find that you're out of touch with the consumers in this industry. Most people have only the goal to complete things and most don't actually stick around that long to follow-through with it. The reality is, by wanting people to "experiment more", I believe, you're simply catering to the very few who wish devote their lives to this game.

You want your evidence? Go look at the trophy % completion rate for unlocking War Mage - 19.4% currently. That is over 80% of your customers (that have the trophies sync'd with PSN) who have not even got to Account Level 8. Food for thought.

The point of it is it's not just about trap slots. In my opinion, you can nerf or buff whatever you want, but because of these reasons, you'll still see players stick to the same traps regardless (unless you go overboard with said nerfs/buffs).
  • Im now having an issue with Endless mode.
    I would normally play the Baths on endless to farm some skulls. Get to around wave 6 and it crashes as though ive lost Server connection. Checked internet all fine reload game and happens again and again.
    Decided to go to The Wall and do endless got to wave 19 lost and was stuck on the loading screen just before it tells you coins earned/spent screen. 
    Im playing on Ps4
  • @Onewolverine1 You missed the entire point of convo.

Endless isn’t the most effective for gold and neither are power generators.

I earn more gold per minute in a few specific maps which I’m not going to mention to you, just out of sure kindness of not helping you wolverine. 

I can make about 1 million gold every 32 minutes without the use of power generators, no bounty generators and no El Dobbin. 

I was going to eventually open up and share my info, until I saw you’re response.

Now you will just have to find out on your own.

Have fun beating this score Wolverine. maybe you could use those op power generators. They sure will allow you to hit those x15 combos solo

Rift Lord
    Survival Mode
    1 player  
    Crogon Keep
    Score - 59,666,848
    This was entertaining.  I too, along with others on here can spout accolades of greatness, but like myself most people will either not believe it or simply not care.  This game is tedious at best.  This rant fully unhelpful to the issues at hand.  Impressive as your leaderboard status may be, people play games for different reasons.  Power generators might not be the best method to gaining coin but they certainly do help.
  • Onewolverine1Onewolverine1 Member
    edited December 8
    Lol xorcsmustgethigh. Really?? “This is what I can do in thirty minutes. Blah, blah, blah. Ps please look at my leaderboards score as I need social acceptance in this game.” This is not proof of anything. Trophy hunters don’t care about your leaderboards, at all. Mentioning 15 hit combo really doesn’t do anything either, I have that trophy. I have PROOF. Good day tho. Thanks for helping with nothing except your advertisement on the leaderboards.
  • @Onewolverine1

You are the one whining about the powergen nerf and provoking another player to PROVE what he can do.

He simply did.

If you weren't so irritable you would just see that two player already told you that powergen aren't even helpful toward getting that achievement nor, overall, helping you in the game.

Why getting upset if he tells you there's another way?

No brainstorming new ideas, no creating new trap layouts and of course let’s not learn new methods to maximize combos which in turn will give you a lot more gold if optimized properly and have a good weaver rotation.

You seem to be an pro at these combos you speak of. Why not prove your point and show us how much coin you can generate with your method on banquet hall endless?  Screenshot that and let me see if you can rack up 600 k in 27 waves....  Like to see a pro do this with these combos you speak of....  remember no use of power generators.
  • @Jackbenz1990

Oh, it’s you again. So, here we go with being misinformed again. Let me clear this up. He stated he could get a million coin in 32 minutes. He then wanted to post his leaderboard stats of 600000000000000, in which, bravo.  This proves nothing.  Showing this score equals nothing, score isn’t coin. And certainly he didn’t do that in 32 minutes, so not exactly seeing the correlation.  2 people may have told me here it isn’t the fastest way to earn coin, but not exactly seeing videos  of the combos being better.  I yet again appreciate you coming back to talk. 
  • Well said Jack, long time no see...

why would I care about farming gold anyways? I have the plat for this game.
    And have many more plats than you supposed “trophy hunters” 

Please nerf this so I can obtain the trophy and not play your game anymore, is what I first saw from you Wolverine most of your posts have been crying for nerfs or complaining or arguing with other fellow people who also try to help.

the information I provided was intended to originally help out all of you players that are concerned for nerfs, not to gloat or promote myself as I do not stream anymore. I’m not obligated in anyway to help you, i was just trying to point you people in the proper direction of obtaining the trophy in a faster way but you are too close minded to realize it. 

Guess thats what I get for trying to help. Atleast mildobstruction seemed like a reasonable person, you on the other hand not so much.

Gg

This was entertaining.  I too, along with others on here can spout accolades of greatness, but like myself most people will either not believe it or simply not care.  This game is tedious at best.  This rant fully unhelpful to the issues at hand.  Impressive as your leaderboard status may be, people play games for different reasons.  Power generators might not be the best method to gaining coin but they certainly do help. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    He was unnecessarily called out, so he obliged.  You being upset about this for no reason sounds a lot like jealously. 

This was entertaining.  I too, along with others on here can spout accolades of greatness, but like myself most people will either not believe it or simply not care.  This game is tedious at best.  This rant fully unhelpful to the issues at hand.  Impressive as your leaderboard status may be, people play games for different reasons.  Power generators might not be the best method to gaining coin but they certainly do help. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    He was unnecessarily called out, so he obliged.  You being upset about this for no reason sounds a lot like jealously. 
    Jealousy not jealously.  Grammar and spelling are important.  You even saying anything to me is pointless seeing how the point I was making is lost to you.  Your opinions on any subject mean nothing to me so don't waste yours, mine, or anyone else's time with needless retorts.  Thanks though.
  • Wow such hostility from the what can we nerf today community. My bad, he didn’t have auto spell on like you do.

McPayne has a 100% valid point about me being unnecessarily called out when I was simply trying to help you people complaining for nerfs. He wanted to see combos, he got the Crogon Keep Delight!
  • Wow such hostility from the what can we nerf today community. My bad, he didn’t have auto spell on like you do.

McPayne has a 100% valid point about me being unnecessarily called out when I was simply trying to help you people complaining for nerfs. He wanted to see combos, he got the Crogon Keep Delight!
    Wow.  Another pointless tirade that proves nothing except you can spout greatness.  The entire point is that people's opinions of this update differ as do people's opinions in what works best for them.  I'm happy you enjoy your placement in the leaderboards.  I could personally care less.  I'm sure that if I modded I too would be as highly placed as you are.  Thanks though!!  GG
  • Onewolverine1Onewolverine1 Member
    edited December 8
    Well said Jack, long time no see...

why would I care about farming gold anyways? I have the plat for this game.
    And have many more plats than you supposed “trophy hunters” 

You have one plat. At least on that profile. Unless you have to have multiple profiles to make yourself look good, I’m not seeing how one plat is hard to obtain. Or is that another way to “brag” about more accomplishments that mean nothing to anyone other than yourself.... “I’m on the leaderboards, look at crogon keep. I have all these plats.”  Uhh, you have one. You still have proved nothing, about coin generation.  You talk, with no validity. Your high scores mean nothing, it isnt coin which you said you could make in 32 minutes.  The only reason you liked the power generators nerfed is because you have the plat and you don’t want other people to succeed in their goals.  A bit selfish, but you seem to be that type of guy. Once you come back with proof that something works, talk to me. Crogon keep delight, smh, really??

“I have more plats than anyone”.  -goes looks and sees one.  Smh.  
  • Tommo81 said:
    Im now having an issue with Endless mode.
    I would normally play the Baths on endless to farm some skulls. Get to around wave 6 and it crashes as though ive lost Server connection. Checked internet all fine reload game and happens again and again.
    Decided to go to The Wall and do endless got to wave 19 lost and was stuck on the loading screen just before it tells you coins earned/spent screen. 
    Im playing on Ps4
    Can we get an update on this issue? 
  • SprainySprainy Member
    edited December 8
    I feel like after since the patch, Cygnus became weaker.. his damage output feels to be lowered. I less often get "critical" hits, as in where the damage shown will be in yellow and almost double instead of the normal dmg. When rift lord was active, this used to be constant.. this no longer seems to be the case. Now, it may just be me.. but it does make me very curious.. ??  :'( (PC player)