Bionka now useless?

NippleWizardNippleWizard Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
Bionka without her damage is now bad to the point of unplayable. Her cc isn't enough to support her low damage. With enemies being able to run past that you will never catch up to due to their speed against her slug self.

Comments

• ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    Use traps that stop things from running past you.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • put her behind a tar trap... that should do the trick..

• I agree on some level though. She was pretty OP but now I have no real desire to use her ever anymore.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    I still find her very strong.
  • I've not seen her before the tweak but right now let's say that she hit like a truck. In multi-player having monster funneling into one space with bionka and hogarth let's say nothing ever get past those 2. My buddy play with bionka and from my perspective she is like a mini killbox if she is in a squeezed place. Don't even want to think her before the patch ... People say she is slow .... we have consumable and speed pad to compensate her slower than light travel.
  • CruelerCrueler Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    I personally feel like she still does well, but there are problems.

She used to be the only reason I had a Loadout that used unchained traits. The massive nerf to her unchained, and unchained in general make most of her talents useless. She really doesn't develop as a character during the match. She never really gets anything new. You basically get the option to upgrade Slows or Health. You obviously will pick slows to counter her new weakness, because you aren't going to die anyways, because you didn't pick Hogarth.

She used to be insanely fun because she could be one of the fastest characters with the 50% movement trait and another 50% movement weaver while unchained. Now there are no reasons to use unchained traits. Just another way to feel bad when you get something that should have been useful.
  • I solo 5* this week's challenge with her, and found her the easiest with it. Now I'm the first to say one example doesn't negate your point. But using her and seeing her still insane damage output compared to everyone else, I couldn't say she's useless. She's great at a choke point with a V.Tar in front of her. I like to put a grinder behind her as well to soak up any loose things that get by. I feared she would get over nerfed, but she really hasn't. She does struggle in solo multilane maps, but she kinda did before the nerf as well.
  • NippleWizardNippleWizard Member, Early Access, Apprentice Founder
    Everything she does Dobbin seems to do better.
  • Bad MonkeyBad Monkey Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    edited February 3
    I don't normally play as her solo, but my friends and I play as her during co-op, and we all find that she is still very useful and worthwhile to play. And this is coming from someone who has had her as his primary Hero from the beginning.

Speaking of Dobbin, I'd love to see him get a replacement for his tunneling (Mineshaft) ability. Something more useful and actually used in co-op play. I'd rather see him dig a hole that minions stumble into, and have to get back up to continue walking.
    Post edited by Bad Monkey on
    I totally agree with this. It's an ability which usefulness isn't what it used to be.
  • TimeMasterTimeMaster Member, Early Access
    Dobbin tunnel opens lots of possibilities for coordinated play, so don't underestimate one of the best skills of the game.
  • JacowboyJacowboy Member, Early Access
    edited February 3
    Yeah Dobbin's tunnel is a deceivingly useful ability. Also, Dobbin is already incredibly well "endowed" in the abilities dptm. Consider that he's the only hero to have, for all intents and purposes, TWO passive abilites... He has one of the best ability kits in the whole game, no need to tweak him.

Edit... actually, Zoey also kinda has 2 passives, but not as evident =P
    I just used dobbin in endless and his tunnel was a great asset to the team. Bionka on the other hand I still feel is underpowered given her speed of a slug. I think its only fair to pack a huge punch if your speed is crippled.
  • Dobbin's mineshaft is amazing for soloing as you need to jump between lanes or back to the portal quickly.
  • HypovolemicHypovolemic Member
    edited February 3
    Tunnel is fantastic, especially in a team. Though, they should make it indestructible again. Now that PvP is gone.
  • Bad MonkeyBad Monkey Member, Master Founder, Early Access
    I should have been more clear. I was speaking in terms of co-op with Dobbin.
  • CruelerCrueler Member, War Mage Founder, Early Access
    I have mixed feelings about Dobbins tunnel. I think most maps are designed to be beaten without it, so I'd honestly much rather have another ability. I think it's more useful solo or in endless, but at least in coop games, often I don't even make a tunnel because it just isn't necessary. Sure it might make things a little quicker, but I'm already used to running to that place with other characters. It's also more useful in coop games where you have an unreliable ally that you might have to back up at any notice when you normally shouldn't have to.
  • iAndyiAndy Member
    The only issue I have with Bionka now is she's sort of a boring character. Being op was kinda the only reason I ever played her and now that she's closer to the level of other characters, she's now the 2nd to last I'd pick on a level I've done all the hero chests on.