Sabotage QA Thread

2»

Comments

• - We couldn't let the player decimate minions, because the enemy team used those minions to score.
    you had account level scaling before, surely this can be solved by scaling the damage done to minions in siege.

- Every hero in survival needed to be effective at clearing waves, which is different than in siege, where you want heroes to have different roles.
    make some heroes siege only, and some heroes survival only. You don't have to make all heroes suitable for both modes.

- In Siege, we wanted to make hero abilities have lots of counter play options, which only makes skills have less punch in survival.
    again, adjust the cooldown/damage so that the same "in your face" from max will deal different damage and have different cooldown in siege and survival.

- In Siege, making combat fast made the game too frantic, but survival players wanted fast combat.
    why would this be a problem? siege and survival have different minion waves. the time for each siege wave was a fixed number while survival needs all minions to be cleared to advance into next wave. The survival pace can be totally adjusted by adding or removing minions from waves.

- Trap upgrades and trap parts couldn't be used in siege because they severely imbalanced the game.
    and we had no problem with that? siege traps are all level 1 traps without physics. it was working fine

• @ShadeDev , would you answer some of those unanswered questions pls? :D
    Questions Not answered yet:

Q: How will the controller setup work?
    Although @Hypovolemic have something in mind it is not officially answered.

Q: Sabotage will reward specifically ONLY sabotage cards?

Q: If new trap, guardians or gears are added in the future how players that played every hero and maps are gonna be able to get those stuff, by playing sabotage?

Q: How is a commercial release is gonna affect the game? By that I mean what is gonna be different with the end of Beta and the beginning of the commercial release?

Q: New Achievements with Sabotage?

Q: At maps that have more than one gate, Does cast minions come from random gates or players have to choose where they are gonna come from?

• KylenolPMKylenolPM Member, Robot Entertainment
    edited April 10
    @SenatorBird
    • Q: Sabotage will reward specifically ONLY sabotage cards?
    • Yes. Except the XP daily quest is replaced with a Sabotage daily quest for a chest. That chest is a Survival chest for your current bucket.
    • Q: At maps that have more than one gate, Does cast minions come from random gates or players have to choose where they are gonna come from?
    • Sabotage minions summoned by players spawn from any door that is or has been open. So once a door is opened the first time, it's free to spawn summoned minions. Players don't choose which door they come from.
    Robot Entertainment | Game Designer
  • HypovolemicHypovolemic Member
    edited April 16
    Hey @DaTeddyBear and @SenatorBird, I didn't see anything in the patch notes about controller support, so I posted a guide with my configuration hacks here:
    http://forums.orcsmustdie.com/discussion/12672/how-to-configure-full-controller-support

A couple things are a bit awkward but everything important fits.
  • KylenolPM said:
    @SenatorBird
    • Yes. Except the XP daily quest is replaced with a Sabotage daily quest for a chest. That chest is a Survival chest for your current bucket. 
    Based on that response,
    Q: How is a Sabotage only player going to obtain sufficient trap rewards to maintain an appropriate trap level for their account level?
  • ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    chuckbert said:
    KylenolPM said:
    @SenatorBird
    Based on that response,
    Q: How is a Sabotage only player going to obtain sufficient trap rewards to maintain an appropriate trap level for their account level?
    They can't.  They'll need to play survival.
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • i win 5 game in a row but i still at the same rank... and sometimes i win (or lose) a rank only with 1 win/lose ... how the rank system work ? o_O
2»