My Review.

KickedBynoobsKickedBynoobs Member
edited October 12 in General Discussion
OK, no off site links allowed, got it. Stop locking my threads and I will stop posting new ones.

Misc. Issues:
-arbitrary forum censorship and lying about community members by the developers 
-nonexistent or random matchmaking with ridiculous penalties
-artificially difficult chaos trials
-insane grind

Bugs:
-false "game cancelled prior to a successful conclusion" messages
-mercenaries getting stuck in the map or at spawn
-barricades magically being destroyed
-enemies magically getting to the rift
-indefinite "game launching" screens
-false "would black path" messages
-guardians magically floating away
-heroes getting stuck in the map
-broken AI related to barricades
-heroes falling through the map
-server connection problems
-waves will not start/end
-unkillable mercenaries
-inaccurate mini maps
-attacks not working
-broken guardian AI
Post edited by Harmonia on

Comments

• It could not possibly be the content of my review that makes you lock my threads could it? That would be a huge surprise (sarcasm).
  • What do you want they have already responsed?
  • HarmoniaHarmonia Member, Administrator, Moderator, Robot Entertainment, Featured Developer
    Hi Kicked,

Thank you for posting the content of your review here to begin a discussion about it with the community as we asked. I have removed your insult from the post and will remind you one final time that antagonistic comments about members of the community, the staff here at Robot, or the company itself are not welcome. You can refresh your familiarity with our guidelines for sharing feedback here. Continuing to be rude and confrontational can result in a suspension or permanent ban.
    Robot Entertainment | Community Manager
  • TrichouetteTrichouette Member
    edited October 12
    It could not possibly be the content of my review that makes you lock my threads could it? That would be a huge surprise (sarcasm).
    Do you really expect a link to another thread on another forum with absolutely no description or anything to be acceptable as thread content ?

-insane grind
    PvE F2P = Grind
    Sadly you'll have to deal with that.
    And it's not THAT insane.
  • rayleiraylei Member
    edited October 12
    It could not possibly be the content of my review that makes you lock my threads could it? That would be a huge surprise (sarcasm).
    Do you really expect a link to another thread on another forum with absolutely no description or anything to be acceptable as thread content ?

-insane grind
    PvE F2P = Grind
    they could have removed the grind since traps are the part of the core gameplaying of this game, and sell the cosmetics(UI, voiceOver, trap skin, Spell-effects, and minions skins, etc), Heros skins, and DLC, ya know?. 
    So this is how we add small words under our post/comments.
  • raylei said:

-insane grind
    PvE F2P = Grind
    they could have removed the grind since traps are the part of the core gameplaying of this game, and sell the cosmetics(UI, voiceOver, trap skin, Spell-effects, and minions skins, etc), Heros skins, and DLC, ya know?. 
    Or they could remove the Grinders.  ;)
    Keep it secret, Keep it safe.
    New? Here are some Game Tipz.
  • Lol, this thread xD. And someone call it review? rofl. Hardly bug report.
    And those grind/farm? It is part of f2p, you can buy everything. You dont know what how grindy OMDu was in beta. CT is too much rewarding for f2p, so no, there is very limited grind. CT should be hard and unfinishable. Traps are core part of game, but you can finish whole game with traps lvl 1, it is not mandatory to finish game. When you call for sell this and sell those, tell us how much did you spend for this and those.
  • SemiFantasticSemiFantastic Member
    edited October 13
    If you enjoy the game, there is no such thing as an "Insane" grind here.

By far, this is one of the most easiest f2p games out there. In just 3-4 months I've reached lvl 100, practically all my traps are T7. And I haven't spent a single cent in the game at all. Just spend like a few hours a day and you'll soon realise that there is barely any big grind at all. It helps if you just enjoy the game and not nit pick every little detail that irks you.

I never saw a reason to spend money to get traps at all. All the chests you need, are easily obtainable without cash. Just spend a little time. That's it. That's what F2P is all about. Spend your time on them. OMDU does it nicely. Rewards long playthroughs. Doesn't punish anyone for not spending at all. Just use money on cosmetics.
  • Kicked - I've seen your posts in the forums for a while now.  You seem like a very angry person.  OMDU is not a perfect game, but it's pretty fun.  There are only two really big flaws with it from my perspective and one of those is just a personal pet peeve:

- blue screen of death when playing endless mode (ending games and losing all rewards)
    - Trophy for spending 200MM coin requiring people (real people with real lives outside of OMDU) to play for years if they want the platinum trophy

Your "misc. issues" are laughable.  You bring the first one on yourself.  The rest don't ring true for me.  It's too bad you haven't been able to enjoy the game as much as I have.

As to your "bugs", there are occasional glitches while playing, but none are consistent enough to ruin the game experience.  I've had the "early leavers" penalty a few times because the game disconnected me after a match ended and it was mildly annoying, but it hasn't happened in a long time so it appears as if Robot did fix that.  The only really game breaking "bug" in the game is the blue screen of death issue IMO.

• raylei said:

-insane grind
    PvE F2P = Grind
    It's a PvE game, they contain grind. How do you expect to keep your players once they're done with the survival if there is no grind ?
    Cosmetics is great for PvP games.
  • TeckTeck Member
    I already responded to all of these before so I won't bother again, but I'll summarize by stating that I don't agree with the large majority of these claims as being actual problems.
  • Harmonia said:
    Hi Kicked,

Thank you for posting the content of your review here to begin a discussion about it with the community as we asked. I have removed your insult from the post and will remind you one final time that antagonistic comments about members of the community, the staff here at Robot, or the company itself are not welcome. You can refresh your familiarity with our guidelines for sharing feedback here. Continuing to be rude and confrontational can result in a suspension or permanent ban.
    I don't attack people unless they attack me so that is not my issue, that is the fault of whoever attacks me. I suggest you ban people consistently for being insulting, not arbitrarily.
  • KickedBynoobsKickedBynoobs Member
    edited October 21
    The misc issues are subjective so I will not bother arguing about those, but the bugs are not. I posted videos of all of those bugs, and some of them are very serious and game breaking, but when it became clear the developers were not interested in fixing them, I gave up and deleted the videos. Apparently asking the developers to fix serious bugs which have been around forever is way too much to ask.
  • Teck said:
    I already responded to all of these before so I won't bother again, but I'll summarize by stating that I don't agree with the large majority of these claims as being actual problems.
    Too bad, they exist.
  • Can you guys ban this guy already? It's drivel.
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    We generally prefer not to suspend or ban players and while we don't always agree with the tone used by some of the more outspoken fans of the game, criticism and feedback are important for us to improve the game. On that note, I would like to remind both sides of the argument here to please try and stay polite and on the topic of the review and the points mentioned therein. If this thread derails into us blaming or accusing each other it will have to be closed again and I would prefer not to do that since this is obviously important to Kicked.
    German Community Manager
  • Fcseven said:
    Can you guys ban this guy already? It's drivel.
    It's fact.
  • sashimiak said:
    We generally prefer not to suspend or ban players and while we don't always agree with the tone used by some of the more outspoken fans of the game, criticism and feedback are important for us to improve the game. On that note, I would like to remind both sides of the argument here to please try and stay polite and on the topic of the review and the points mentioned therein. If this thread derails into us blaming or accusing each other it will have to be closed again and I would prefer not to do that since this is obviously important to Kicked.
    You ban people arbitrarily. Not just me, but players like K-Tof who was banned for asking too many questions.
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Your temporary suspensions on Steam and our forums were a direct result of your disrespectful behavior toward other members of the community as well as repeated infractions of both Steam's Discussion rules as well as the Rules & Guidelines of our forum. Similarly, your permanent ban from the Steam forums is a direct result of you continuing in this manner after your suspension ended. Insulting and or slandering community members and staff you disagree with is unacceptable. Let this serve as your final warning to stick to our rules & guidelines or you will find yourself removed from our official forums here as well.
    German Community Manager