RELEASE 2.7.1 FOR PC AND PS4 - PATCH NOTES

NananeaNananea Member, Administrator, Moderator, Master Founder, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Featured Developer

Maintenance:

Playstation 4 - March 20, 2018 at 7:00 AM CDT. Estimated two (2) hour downtime.
PC - March 20, 2018 at 9:30 AM CDT. Estimated one and a half (1.5) hour downtime.

Compensation:

Upon logging in, all current and future players will receive 9,000 Skulls and a seven (7) day Battle Pass as compensation for the outages between March 10th and 11th. The rewards will be automatically added to your accounts and there will be no notification. If you feel you did not receive the compensation, please create a support ticket.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an exploit with Brass’ Turret.
  • Fixed Brass' Scrapuum weaver.
  • Fixed the Custom Games List from becoming permanently selected and non-interactive.
  • Removed some skins that were unavailable to players on PC and PS4.
  • Various backend fixes.
NananeaOMD
Robot Entertainment | Community Manager | Skull Ninja

Comments

• Спасибо за компенсацию! На саботаже в бесконечной волне часто не выходит быстрые копыта. Я его призываю, но он не выходит. Это было уже несколько раз. Последний раз сегодня. Исправьте это тоже пожалуйста.
  • Content, balance, bug fixes seems to be the order of things. Maybe next patch will bring something new?
  • RaNdOmKiLs666RaNdOmKiLs666 Member
    edited March 20
    Bug fixes and compensation is nice and all, but without any new content the game is becoming rather stale. At least the custom game list got fixed, that bug was driving me mad.
    Post edited by RaNdOmKiLs666 on
  • Thanks for the good work, everyone! Those skulls and the battle pass are a really nice gesture. I look forward to logging on soon.
  • Bug fixes and compensation is nice and all, but without any new content the game is becoming rather stale. At least the custom game list got fixed, that bug was driving me mad.

It's an awesome gesture from OMD to show some love to community but I agree with Randomkils. And I can't help but feel like the veterans of this game are being neglected or rather ignored, they are really excluded from this compensation given the lack of need for skulls. 

I also want to sign this message off by saying that I really do appreciate all the love and effort that you guys put into this game. 

• Please just fix endless. Finish your game. 
  • And if you do fix it, please let us know. It was very frustrating figuring out there was a secret time limit in endless. No heads up or explanation, just a bunch of prematurely ended games after having spent 40 minutes on them. 
  • Thank you for the compensation but why is this update 1.2 GB if it's only fixes, no content per se?
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    Thank you all for the kind words and feedback.

@tyraelpl Due to the way the game is structured, we unfortunately have to update and check against all of the data with every change we make. I apologize for the inconvenience.
    German Community Manager
  • sashimiak said:

@tyraelpl Due to the way the game is structured, we unfortunately have to update and check against all of the data with every change we make. I apologize for the inconvenience.
    Naaaah np man, not really an inconvenience, for me at least. I do recognize however that there still are some people with bandwidth limits for who it might be. I was mostly curious more then anything else and suspicious of some ninja changes (i.e retextures etc) :> and also I was wondering, if it in fact is generally number tweaking, why is patching so unoptimized.

Your explanation tho clears it for me. Gotta accept that it's just the way it is :)
    Thank you again for the compensation bundle and for taking the time to answer my doubts  ;)
  • sashimiaksashimiak Member, Moderator, Robot Entertainment
    You're very welcome! I'm sorry I can't explain it any better.
    German Community Manager
  • tyraelpl said:
    sashimiak said:

Naaaah np man, not really an inconvenience, for me at least. I do recognize however that there still are some people with bandwidth limits for who it might be. I was mostly curious more then anything else and suspicious of some ninja changes (i.e retextures etc) :> and also I was wondering, if it in fact is generally number tweaking, why is patching so unoptimized
    The Unreal engine makes large patches because making a change in any given game “chunk” requires a rebuild of the entire chunk. Hence, every Unreal game has large patches. As I understand it. 
  • apinapin Member, War Mage Founder
    Ooops. Custom game list is still broken.
    And new bug: Expired Brass's turrets are still visible on minimap

First and only CZ&SK funsite of OMD series http://orcs-must-die.cz

• ShadeDevShadeDev Member, Robot Entertainment, Early Access, Apprentice Founder, Featured Developer
    tyraelpl said:
    sashimiak said:

Naaaah np man, not really an inconvenience, for me at least. I do recognize however that there still are some people with bandwidth limits for who it might be. I was mostly curious more then anything else and suspicious of some ninja changes (i.e retextures etc) :> and also I was wondering, if it in fact is generally number tweaking, why is patching so unoptimized
    The Unreal engine makes large patches because making a change in any given game “chunk” requires a rebuild of the entire chunk. Hence, every Unreal game has large patches. As I understand it. 
    That's correct.  It's something that has always been a weakness of the Unreal Engine.  
    Doug Houserman
    Robot Entertainment | Lead Balance Designer
  • tyraelpltyraelpl Member
    edited March 24
    @Hypovolemic Thanks for the extra info, appreciate it! :+1:
    Post edited by tyraelpl on
  • RimakRimak Member
    2.7.1? Wasn't the last 2.6?
  • apinapin Member, War Mage Founder
    Yesterday i got reset my keyboard settings. All in default settings :(
    First and only CZ&SK funsite of OMD series http://orcs-must-die.cz

• @Rimak the last patch was 2.6.1 I believe.

@apin I have already submitted a bug report for the Brass turret on minimap. This only applies if the turret is killed. If you dispel the turret manually the bug should not appear on the mini map.